Chapter 255 – Your eyes are swollen.
380 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Emily who was crying before held herself. She didn't want Syl to realize her true feelings.

Her mother and father were also in the living room. Her father was quiet as usual, her mother seemed to have noticed the morbid mood in the room so she was serious and looked intently at the guild master.

Cibely, Clevina, and Eleonor were standing beside the sofa.

Emily her parents and Syl were sitting on the sofa.

The guild master was standing as he prepared to say something. He had to talk about what was happening, but he couldn't find the exact words to tell everyone.

Everyone here was Lincy's friend and liked her. He has already had the experience of breaking the news of a death, but this situation is even more difficult.

'I didn't feel that way when I told a mother about her son years ago. Why am I feeling so sad?'

Maybe it was because he started to have a lot of contact with Larissa and noticed how much she cared about her friends?

Well, it could be this. After being with Larissa for so long in that state, he started to create a great empathy for her...

And having to talk about such a terrible thing to Larissa's friends was making him sick.

But not only that, Lincy was such a young girl and he could not forget the scene he saw when he found her body.

It had stuck in his mind and would not come out at all. Every time he put his head on his pillow to sleep the image of Lincy dead appeared in his mind, he couldn't stand it any longer.

He had suddenly become a weak man and he knew it.

"Come on! Start talking!" After so much silence, Emily who was sitting down stood up and looked seriously at the guild master.

The guild master was clenching his fists as he looked at everyone in the room. He met Syl's eyes and looked at her for a while. He noticed a gleam in the little girl's eye. She seemed to expect good news.

But only she was expecting good news, everyone around her was already expecting bad news. Except for Emily's father who seemed to be paying attention, but did not let any kind of emotion show because of his expressionless face.

"Well, I wanted to talk about Lincy and Larissa..." The master took a little courage and began to speak.

After a short pause and sigh, he continued.

"Well... Well... about Lin-" He suddenly felt his throat lock up and swallowed his next words.

"Did you guys find her?" The first to say something was Syl. She jumped up from the couch with a smile on her face while acting like a naive child.

Seeing this scene, Emily looked between her and the guild master while having a gloomy expression on her face.

Everyone in the room looked at Syl and began to feel their hearts ache. Everyone was looking at the girl. They realized exactly what was happening.

Emily, who was standing next to Syl, stood up and hugged her quickly.

As soon as she hugged her, tears began to well up in Emily's eyes quickly. The guild master closed his eyes and clenched his fists as he just watched that scene in front of him.

He was a weak old man now.

"What is it?" Syl asked worriedly as she looked at Emily.

Ah~~

Syl made a cute sound when she noticed Emily's tears.

Ah~~

She made another cute sound when she noticed everyone around her with complicated expressions on their face. Emily's mother next to her had closed her eyes and clenched her fist tightly as she trembled.

The three female adventurers in the distance were also with sad expressions on their faces. They controlled herself not to cry.

Ah~~

She made another cute sound and hugged Emily even tighter.

"It's a lie, isn't it?" She asked in a calm, cuddly voice as her little arms trembled and she hugged the body of the trembling Emily.

Before she knew it, Syl's cute little face was completely soaked with tears.

####

It had been a few hours since they had received the news.

Not having time to hear the news about Larissa since they had to try to calm Syl down, they asked the guild master to come back the next day.

Of course, before he went they only asked one thing.

"Is Larissa dead?"

And the answer was negative. That alone was enough to calm them down.

Clevina, Eleonor, and Cibely were invited to stay by Emily, so they accepted without much trouble. Syl who had now calmed down had been taken to her room and was sleeping.

"She cried so hard she even slept..." Emily said while having a complicated smile on her face.

By now it was almost dinner time so Emily's mother was preparing dinner while Emily was sitting at the table along with the three adventurers.

"You can't talk much, your eyes are even puffy," Eleonor said as she looked at Emily's swollen eyes from crying so much.

"I'm sorry about that, I just didn't know how to control myself."

"Don't worry about it, I can understand you." Eleonor smiled bitterly.

"That's right. You liked her, didn't you?" Clevina who had been silent most of the time decided to say something.

"Yes, I liked her very much. I didn't stay with her that long, but she was a very kind and good girl..." With those words, Emily started to cry again but soon wiped her tears away.

"All right, let's stop talking about it now, I'm going to help my mother to try to occupy my mind." She stood up and went over to her mother's side to help her.

13