Chapter 256 – Complicated.
439 4 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Another day passed.

Cibely, Clevina, and Eleonor, who had been sleeping in the mansion, woke up and went downstairs. There they found Emily, her mother, and her father.

Syl was still sleeping.

"Good morning," Eleonor said after arriving in the main room. Then Clevina and Cibely also greeted everyone.

"Good morning," Emily replied as she tried to smile. Her eyes were still puffy, and she didn't even sleep since she had dark circles under her eyes.

"Good morning, girls." Emily's mother was looking better, but she also looked sad.

Emily's father was sitting at the table and did not answer the girls' greeting as he did not talk much.

"Yesterday was a hard day, wasn't it?" Emily said as she watched the three girls sit down at the table.

"Yeah..." With Eleonor's response, the other two also agreed.

"I didn't know Larissa was that involved in what happened at the guild."

"Ah, she is a stubborn girl. The day the attack happened she quickly ran towards the guild. But believe it or not, she hadn't even heard the explosion and only found out when we told her."

"Is that serious?" Cibely smiled.

"Yes. She woke up as if nothing happened." Emily put a sarcastic smile on her face as she continued to pour the coffee.

"I see, I guess that's pretty typical of her. Larissa is a bit of a strange girl after all."

"She is a little strange." Eleonor agreed with Cibely's statement.

"Don't say that. We can say she's a little eccentric." Emily said as she smiled honestly this time.

Everyone's conversation continued as they tried to distract themselves to try and forget about the problems. But of course, the subject always came to the same point, which was Lincy's death and the state that Larissa is in.

They knew that Lincy was dead and that was enough for now, but what about Larissa?

Even Emily and Syl who were the closest people to her had not seen her all this time. She's not dead, but what state is she in? Is she in a coma?

Maybe she has lost her memory? She could be in so many different situations.

The girls started talking about many possibilities, but this was not something they were enjoying doing.

"Let's stop talking about that? How about you talk about your adventures? And how was your work before all this happened?"

Emily asked curiously.

"About that. Cibely finally recovered and went back to work as an adventurer, but right after that, this attack happened. We didn't have much time to work together again." Eleonor replied.

"That's a shame. But I'm sure it won't be long before you two get back to adventuring."

"We were told that a few days ago. But it's been so long." Eleonor smiled bitterly.

"Well...." Emily didn't have an answer for that, so she remained silent.

After they talked for a while longer, again the subject had stopped at Larissa. But this time it wasn't about her condition, but about the story of the three girls and how they meet Larissa.

They told her everything.

About how they were rescued by Larissa and how they became friends.

Emily also told her story but omitted the fact that she had been a prostitute. It was honestly not a fact that she liked others to know and she also didn't like to reminisce about that time.

So she twisted the facts a bit and said that she worked in a normal inn, but that Larissa helped her mother for some reason and the two ended up getting closer.

"Do you realize that everything we start talking about involves Larissa?"

"Yes..."

"But since she helped us so much and saved our lives... I guess it's okay."

"Maybe, but I don't know if she would like to be the subject of all our conversations."

"Would she feel embarrassed?"

"I don't know. I don't remember seeing her embarrassed ever..." Emily said.

"Me neither." With Eleonor's answer, the two other girls answered the same thing.

Emily's mother who was listening to her daughter's conversation with the three girls had a smile on her face.

####

The day before.

"Did you talk to them?" As soon as the guild master arrived at his home, he was greeted by his wife and Suzan who were in the living room.

"Yes, I did."

"You're not lying, are you?" His wife asked worriedly.

"I'm not lying. I wouldn't have wanted to do that, but I did. Do you know how hard it was to see a child crying like that?"

"All right. But you did it right." The guild master's wife stood up and then blew a kiss on his lips as if congratulating him for doing the right thing.

The guild master looked surprised at her.

"You wouldn't normally kiss me like this."

But his wife said nothing and then went into the bedroom, leaving only the guild master and Suzan in the room.

"Did you also talk about Larissa?" She asked.

"I told them that Larissa had not died, but they asked me to go back there tomorrow."

"Why?"

"After the news about Lincy, they were very shaken. They also needed to calm Syl who wouldn't stop crying, so I agreed to go back there tomorrow to talk about Larissa with them."

"Why didn't they come here? It would be simpler. And if Larissa sees her friends she can go back to normal."

"As I said, they are recovering. And don't worry, I'll bring them here tomorrow too."

"Okay. Now I need to go back to my room because I'm afraid Larissa will be lonely."

"Okay."

After that conversation, the guild master continued in his mansion for the rest of the day. He was still trying to find out who attacked the guild and was also taking care of the rebuilding of the building.

He was quite busy, but today he just wanted to stay in his house and rest for the rest of the day.

'Tomorrow is going to be a bit of a rough day.' He thought as he imagined what would happen at Larissa's reunion with her friends.

14