Chapter 257 – Finally we are going to visit her.
403 0 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The day had come for Emily to meet Larissa again after so long. She was so anxious that she couldn't even dress properly. Her shirt was wrinkled and it was also a little dirty.

"I don't even have a good outfit to wear. And I don't want to wear those fancy clothes that I used to wear back in the day." Emily said as she tried to look for a new shirt to wear.

But not wanting to waste too much time, she decided to go for the simplest option, a basic white shirt, and dark jeans. Plus a simple leather sandal.

Before leaving she combed her hair to look as pretty as possible.

"Syl, are you ready?" It was past lunchtime, so Syl was already awake.

When she woke up, she had a crying fit, so she was soothed by Emily and her mother. At the moment she was in her room together with Emily's mother putting on a new outfit.

"She's ready now." Emily's mother replied. Then Emily opened the door and found a small girl with a sad expression wearing an elegant dress. She also had her hair braided.

"You did a good job braiding her hair," Emily said as she approached Syl. Emily couldn't help but notice the sad and vacant expression of the little girl.

'Even if she is going to meet Larissa she looks like this.'

Emily also started to feel bad watching all that. She was silent for a while as she looked at Syl, forgetting about her mother's presence.

"Hey, can you hear me?'' Emily was called by her mother.

"Oh, I'm sorry."

"..." Emily's mother realizing the state of her daughter, decided not to say anything, she just put a smile on her face and got out of bed, "Okay, now you guys have to go, right? The other girls are waiting for you downstairs."

"Oh... Right."

Emily took Syl's hand and then left the room, heading downstairs where Cibely, Eleonor, and Clevina were.

They had asked very much to go along with Emily to visit Larissa, so Emily couldn't deny it. Anyway, the three girls were very good friends with Larissa, so it would be better if they went.

The more friends together with Larissa, the better it would be.

'Or maybe she will be annoyed that she is being bothered by so many people.' Emily thought as she smiled.

####

The time had come. With the arrival of the guild master at the mansion, they were all taken along with him towards his house. They were all apprehensive, so no one talked much along the way.

Only the guild master who decided to say a few things, like.

"Don't be frightened."

"I hope she'll be okay now."

Or things like that, which made the girls quite apprehensive. But still, none of them dared to ask the real state Larissa was in.

They wanted to see for themselves.

"Here we are." Stopping in front of a small mansion in the prime area of the city, the girls swallowed dryly and were taking a while to enter even if they had the guild master's permission.

The guild master realizing this just waited for the girls to enter and did not rush them.

The girls took a few seconds before they decided to go in.

"Okay, you can come with me. And don't worry about my wife, she might try to say something unnecessary... hahaha." The guild master opened the door of the mansion while laughing. Upon opening, the girls found a beautiful living room.

And sitting on a couch right there was a woman.

"Looks like they have finally arrived, welcome." The woman said with a smile as she invited them in.

Emily, Syl, Cibely, Eleonor, and Clevina entered while feeling a little nervous.

"You don't have to be so nervous, you can come in. I'll have the maid prepare some tea for you guys, just wait a minute."

Before the girls could even respond, the woman left the room and headed toward the mansion's kitchen to speak to a maid.

"Don't worry about her, she can be a little rush at times."

"Oh, don't worry about that," Emily replied with a bitter smile.

"All right, now come with me. And please, I don't want you guys to do anything unnecessary."

"Don't worry," Emily said confidently as she squeezed Syl's hand.

"The way you are saying even sounds like she is dying or something," Eleonor said.

"Well, I don't think she's dying..." The guild master began to sweat as he remembered the conversation he had with his wife about Larissa's soul practically breaking.

Emily seemed to realize this, so she felt her hands sweat.

"Can we see her now?" And so she decided to hurry, she wanted to see with her own eyes the state Larissa is in.

"Okay, okay. But please don't be alarmed, she's not dead, but she's in a rather precarious state."

''Didn't you just say she's not dying?''

"Ah, damn, come on." The guild master realized that he was only making the situation worse, so he just avoided saying anything else and led the girls to the room that Larissa was in at the moment.

All the girls felt their hearts racing and also felt their bodies sweating more than usual.

They were more nervous than ever.

'How is she really?'

Is she really dying?

'Is she dead?'

'Please.'

Several thoughts went through their heads as they walked towards the room Larissa was in.

Knock~~

Knock~~

And when they arrived at a large wooden door, the guild master knocked a few times. From inside, a voice answered.

"Master?"

"Yes, I brought Larissa's friends. May we come in?" she asked sounding nervous.

"HER FRIENDS?!" Suzan's voice inside the room suddenly boomed.

The door slowly opened, revealing the beautiful receptionist of the adventurers' guild.

17