Chapter 258 – Nostalgic Voice
386 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the door opened, they all looked at Suzan and saw that she looked a little scared. Since the door was not fully open, Suzan was blocking the view completely, so no one could see inside the room.

"Can we come in?" Eleonor said as she put her head on Emily's shoulder and looked at Suzan.

Suzan bit her lips.

"Are you sure? She's not very well." She said as she tried to avoid the look of everyone. The guild master next door was silent as he watched everything going on.

He shared the same feelings as Suzan.

"Of course, we want to see her. No matter how she is, I want to see her." Emily said with determination as she took a step forward.

"Right. But please don't cry or anything, just go in and try to talk to her... and" Suzan was going to say something but decided to keep quiet and then opened the door and allowed everyone in.

The first to enter was Emily and Syl. Syl was holding Emily's hand the whole time because of her nervousness.

Emily could feel her hand being squeezed tightly.

And as soon as they entered the room, and looked at the bed, Emily's hand was squeezed even harder. At the same time, she felt Syl's small hand sweat and shake uncontrollably.

Emily looked down and saw that Syl was looking at her with tear-filled eyes.

Not only her, but Suzan also noticed this and began to feel extremely sad to watch the little girl in that state.

"Don't worry, okay?" Emily bent down and looked at Syl's face. She smiled as if she was calm, but her urge to let out a river of tears increased with every moment.

"Ah." And at the same time, Cibely made a strange sound and felt her body paralyze as she looked at the bed Larissa was on. Eleonor beside her soon came closer and hugged her as he held her.

"Hey, calm down, okay? Calm down." She said in Cibely's ear. And Clevina at the side looked at Larissa and keep silent.

"Can you guys try to talk to her?" Suzan who was also controlling herself not to cry approached Emily.

Emily realized how Suzan was feeling all this time. She nodded to Suzan and then walked towards the bed where Larissa was. Syl beside her had already started to cry silently.

And Cibely, as much as she tried to control herself, also began to cry while being consoled by Eleanor. And Clevina was still speechless near the door as she watched everything happen.

But Emily was not paying attention to the three girls behind her, rather she could only look at Larissa at the moment.

The small beautiful girl with long black hair was sitting on the bed. She was looking straight ahead with lifeless eyes and her mouth partially open.

She was not moving a single part of her body, it was as if she was already dead.

And they could also notice that the color of her skin had changed. Her skin was even whiter than before, showing that her condition was not good. This could also be noticed by her lips.

Before they were red, but now they were pale, as if she had been walking in a very cold place and her lips were frozen.

Emily slowly approached along with Syl and took a closer look at the state Larissa was in.

As she got close enough and noticed Larissa's lifeless eyes, she put her left hand to her mouth. She began to cry uncontrollably and tried to muffle the sound with her hand.

Suzan next to her began to feel extremely helpless again. She began to feel extremely bad, it was enough to make her want to get out of there as fast as possible.

But still, she stood by Emily's side the whole time.

Emily continued crying for a while longer before finally plucking up the courage to look into Larissa's face again.

'She's not even listening to my crying, she didn't even see that I'm here. She doesn't even know we're here.' Emily whined in her mind as she turned again to look at Larissa.

At the same time, Cibely at a distance was still crying as she tried to work up the courage to approach. And Eleonor gritted his teeth and clutched Cibely's body in his arms as he looked at all that was happening.

Clevina beside her kept the same expression. She really couldn't believe how that beautiful, smiling little girl had turned into just a girl who looked like a lifeless doll.

####

I was feeling horrible, it was as if I was being pulled by something that wanted to keep me here.

I tried to wake up, but I was drowning in a sea of despair. It was as if ropes were tied around my body and pulling me down.

I screamed a few times, but no one seemed to hear me.

I even heard a voice calling me from the small light that had appeared a few meters above, but I couldn't answer that voice. It seemed like that light was getting farther and farther away.

I just wanted to get out of here.

I know Lincy died, and I've grieved enough about that.

But why can't I get out of here? I wanted to get out of here, I've been here too long.

I know I said before that I didn't want to live anymore, but that's a lie, I'm afraid to die again.

I don't want to lose this wonderful new life that some god has given me. I want to wake up.

Please, light, come closer to me so that I can get out.

I want to hear that nostalgic voice again.

15