Chapter 266 – Conflicting Feelings.
380 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lorane walked through the city until she reached the noble area of town where the guild master's house was located. In the streets, she met some people but no one dared to talk to her even though they were worried because of her injuries.

Did don't she dare to ask for help since she was being watched and that would mean her death.

'From what he said, the guild master's house where Lara is is here.' Lorane stopped in front of the gate and looked inside.

She looked at the beautiful garden and began to remember the mansion where she lived together with Lara. But it was a memory that quickly faded as Lorane was suddenly tapped on the shoulder by someone.

Turning around, she could see a beautiful woman with black hair and green eyes.

After Lorane looked at the woman, she did not react.

The woman looked at her for a while.

"What are you doing there? Do you need something?" Trying to ignore Lorane's injuries, Suzan asked her with a serious expression on her face.

"I'm looking for someone."

"Here? I think you've come to the wrong place."

"No, I'm sure she's here, her name is Lar-" Remembering that Lara had changed her name, e she quickly fell silent.

"Larissa? You're looking for Larissa? But who are you?" Suzan asked a little suspiciously. Then she opened the gate and went inside. She then locked the gate and left Lorane outside.

"I am a friend of Larissa's, I need help, please." Lorane held the bars of the gate and began yelling at Suzan who continued to walk away.

Not satisfied, Lorane began to cry to make it all even more convincing.

No, this was not an interpretation, these were Lorane's true feelings. She wanted to find Lara so that she could tell her everything that had happened.

She knew she would die, but it was something she wanted to do. That is the only way she could apologize to Lara.

So she continued to cry desperately outside the gate while shouting Larissa's name.

Suzan ran into the mansion ignoring Lorane's cries.

####

As soon as she entered the mansion, Suzan was met by the guild master who was getting ready to leave.

"Who's yelling outside?" He asked a little startled.

"It's a girl. She says she is a friend of Larissa's and that she has come for help."

"A friend?"

"Yeah, she's all bruised up too. I felt sorry for her, but I can't just let her in here."

"You made the right choice. We don't know if it's a trap. I'm afraid the people who attacked the guild will attack again."

"I can understand you."

"But what did the girl outside say to you besides that?"

"She said she is a friend of Larissa's and wanted help, that's all."

"I see. Let her scream outside, at some point a guard will show up to get her out of here."

"Right."

Suzan bowed and then took the groceries she was carrying into the kitchen.

And the guild master sat down on the couch in the living room as he continued to listen to Lorane's screams from outside.

####

On the second floor, Larissa was lying down while being fed by Emily.

It was snack time so Larissa was eating nothing more than bread stuffed with some sort of sauce made with tomatoes and also thin slices of wild boar meat.

"That's very good, did you cook it yourself?"

"No, it was Suzan along with the cook from the mansion."

"Got it."

"Now finish eating, I'll go up to the bedroom to see what Syl is doing."

"Okay."

Larissa took a ut another piece of bread and began to chew it.

She looked out the bedroom window and noticed that it wouldn't be long before dark. This showed that her snack had been served too late and she would surely have a hard time eating her dinner.

Because of this, she stopped eating her bread and then got up and started walking around the room.

'I'm feeling much better, but I'm still having a little trouble.' Larissa approached the bed and got a little off balance. She fell onto the mattress.

'This is so boring. I want to get out of here to kill some monster or someone...' That man's face came to Larissa's mind.

But she tried to clear her mind.

Larissa continued on the bed until suddenly she heard some screams from outside the window. They were screams calling her name, and it made her quite confused.

'Is it a fan of mine or something?' She first thought that. But soon after she began to recognize that voice.

Searching her mind, she finally found out whose voice it was.

Not believing it was her, Larissa ran with difficulty to her bedroom window and then looked up at the gate of the mansion.

Having a clear view of the gate, Larissa's eyes widened and she paled for a few moments before coming to her senses.

"It's Lorane, it's her," Larissa said with conflicting feelings arising within her heart.

14