Chapter 278 – Let’s track down the owner of these books.
361 0 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You took less time than I thought, did you really go to another country?" After arriving home, Larissa was greeted by Emily and Syl. The two were in the living room eating some cookies.

Emily was reading a book and Syl was drawing a picture on a sheet of paper.

"Yes, I went and I already worked out what I had to do there. I need to talk to the guild master's wife tomorrow, so I'm going to sleep now."

"First explain to me what you are doing. I know you are taking care of a problem, but I want to know what it is."

"When it's over I'll tell you, okay?"

"Larissa, how was it visiting another country?"

"Tomorrow at breakfast time I'll tell you all about it, okay?"

"Okay." Syl gave a big smile and then went back to drawing.

"You should at least have dinner before you go to bed."

"I already ate on the way home, so don't worry."

"Haaa~~ All right." Even though Emily was worried, she didn't want to keep "Tormenting" Larissa, so she let her go upstairs to the second floor.

'I hope it's okay.' Remembering the temper Larissa had a little while ago, Emily couldn't help but be worried.

####

The next day, Larissa got up and then took a bath in her tub. She stayed in the tub for a few minutes while she thought about the things she should do during her day.

After getting out of the shower, she put on a clean dress and went downstairs.

Sitting down at the table, she began to tell Syl about her experience in another country. Not only she, but Emily and her mother also seemed very interested. Especially in the different structure and culture of Slovika.

When they heard about everything seeming artificial and the food tasting artificial they were unsure what that was, so Larissa explained it to them.

"So that's it, how strange. I've never visited Slovika, but I always heard it was a wonderful place." Emily's mother said looking a little bothered by this information.

"I find that strange too, I know a friend who visited Slovika and she had told me that it was a clean place and also very beautiful."

"It is a clean and beautiful country, but it is all very artificial. People don't seem happy, nobody interacts with each other much, the only people who interacted with me like normal people were the receptionists at the libraries I visited."

"I understand...."

"All right, now I need to hurry as it is getting late. I need to talk to the guild master's wife, do you guys know where he is living now?"

"Since his mansion is destroyed, he is living in his second house, I will write down the address for you."

"Thank you for that."

After receiving Emily's address, Larissa left her mansion and went to the guild master's house. When she got there, she found a rather humble house this time.

It was still a big house, but it didn't compare to the previous mansion.

The house was made of wood and had two floors, it didn't have any fancy decorations and wasn't painted. Unlike the mansion which was made of bricks and was three stories high with beautiful color and details.

In addition, the house was not in the noble neighborhood and also did not have a garden, the entrance to the house was straight into an alley.

'It's like an inn...'

Larissa knocked a few times on the door and called for the guild master, then she was greeted by Suzan.

"How are you? Ah, come in."

Entering the house, Larissa found a rather simple living room. A colorful rug in the middle of the room with a small table with a teapot, and three couches. One larger and two smaller ones.

Next to it was a counter separating the living room from the kitchen.

In the kitchen, the cook seemed to be preparing something.

"So, what brings you here?" Suzan picked up a teacup and poured some tea for Larissa.

"I came here to talk to the guild master's wife, is she in?"

"With the master's wife? Why?"

"I need her to track someone for me."

"Track someone? You mean the person who..."

"No, the man who killed Lincy is already dead, I killed him myself, I told you."

"All right..." Noticing Larissa's impatience, Suzan swallowed her saliva.

"It's about something else, it's about something the guild master told me to look into."

"I understand. But about her, she left with the master some time ago, they must be in the guild now."

"Will the guild be back to normal by now?"

"Not yet, but it's almost there. Some adventurers arrived in town recently and are getting impatient about the guild closing."

"What idiots, they should know what happened."

"Yeah, but they don't care about that."

"All right, I'll visit the guild to talk to both of them. Thanks, Suzan."

"No problem, come back anytime, the guild master will love a visit from you."

"I don't plan on visiting."

"..."

Leaving the house, Larissa headed towards the adventurers guild.

####

"Am I in the way?" After arriving at the adventurers guild, the front door was open, so Larissa walked in unannounced.

As soon as she entered, she found the guild master and his wife sitting at a table that had been set up. It was usually where the obnoxious drunks liked to drink after hours.

"Larissa, what are you doing here? And who told you we were here?" The guild master looked despondent, but Larissa didn't mind that, she got right to the point.

"I would like your wife to do something for me, are you willing to do that?" Larissa looked at Anneorah.

She tilted her head a little.

"Wait a minute, first tell me what you need, I won't let you take my wife like that."

"It's about that."

"That... You mean the drug?"

"Should she listen to this?

"Don't worry, she already knows about it too."

"I understand."

"But why do you need her? Have you found out anything by any chance?"

"Remember you told me about the tracking magic that your wife has? That's how you found the body of..."

"All right, I get it, no need to talk. Yes, I remember that."

"So, I managed to find the head of this criminal scheme. He was a duke and he was the mayor of Waldrop."

"Was he?"

"Yes, I killed him."

"You what?"

"That doesn't matter now, what matters is that the center of that scheme was destroyed. I also destroyed the factory and stole their revenue. And that's why I'm here."

"Explain further."

"Ingutth, the duke who was head of the scheme, got the recipe for the drug from some old books that he said he got from a library in the capital of Slovika."

"And you went there?"

"Yes, I went there quickly."

"Scary..."

"... I went there and found out that a woman had left those books in the library and then a man ended up buying it, and that's when the books were sent to the mayor."

"I see, so you want to find out the owner of those books."

"Exactly. I don't care who sent the books to Ingutth, maybe it's just a subordinate, I only care about the owner of the books."

"I see. Do you want to help?" The master looked at his wife.

She thought for a while and then sighed.

"I'm with nothing to do anyway, but I can't promise I'll be able to find who you're looking for."

"No problem."

15