Chapter 279 – New journey.
318 0 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Larissa took out the books and placed them on the table.

Anneorah picked them up and then flipped through them. She was reading everything intently.

"I've seen that story before. It's that story about David the hero."

"Oh, that story. So these books don't have any recipes?" Larissa had heard about this story before, so she was not curious or surprised.

The guild master also knew the story.

"In these two books there is nothing, but in this one." Anneorah picked up the smaller book and then flipped through it until she came to a specific page.

"Here it is, the drug they talk so much about." At the top of the page was a vial with a red liquid inside, and below it was written "Dragon's medicine recipe" right below it. It couldn't be more expository than that.

"I see, so that's why it causes health problems in those who use it, look at that composition." Anneorah looked worried. Larissa didn't know what all those components that were part of the drug were, so she asked Anneorah to explain it to her.

Inside that drug there was not only contaminated monster blood, there were also powdered ores and all kinds of bad things that a human being could ingest.

But the worst was an ore called "Dragon Stone" which was taken from a rock that was usually found at the edge of lava lakes and also in small volcanoes that were created from time to time.

It was quite a dangerous stone and could cause burns and diseases that would gradually kill you if you kept it inside your house for example.

"So it's like radiation?"

"I don't know what radiation is, but maybe?"

"Radiation is electromagnetic waves... Never mind, I don't need to explain. But what I can say is where I came from had some dangerous ores that emitted radiation in high amounts, and could make a person sick or kill them."

"I see, so it's the same thing."

"And that was being put into the drug that the children were taking?"

"It seems...."

"Damn, I should have killed that man more painfully." Larissa clicked her tongue. She was thinking about Syl, could it be that she was sick and Larissa didn't know? Since radiation causes cancer, she could be in some kind of trouble.

'I need to check that later.'

"But it seems to be just that. Monster blood, ores, and dragon stone."

"I see. But what about in the books, were you able to find any trace of where this person might be?"

"It's not that easy to trace someone, but I will try. Leave those books with me for a while and then I will contact you."

"Okay."

After that, Larissa said her goodbyes and headed home.

The first thing she did when she got home was to check Syl's health status. Fortunately, there didn't seem to be anything wrong with her.

Because of her "investigation" into Syl's body, Emily seemed quite worried, but Larissa calmed her down by telling her that everything was fine.

Unlike Emily, Syl was quite happy to be examined by Larissa.

####

A few days passed and Suzan appeared at Larissa's mansion to call for her. Anneorah had already found out a few things and wanted to tell her everything.

Larissa, of course, quickly went to the guild master's house to talk to Anneorah about it.

When she arrived, she impatiently asked what she had found out.

"Calm down, first wait for Suzan to pour some tea."

"All right...."

Larissa can do nothing but wait. And after the tea was served and Suzan walked away, Anneorah opened her mouth to tell all she had discovered about the books.

Unfortunately, she didn't have much information.

"I contacted a few librarian friends and no one seemed to have the information about this book." Anneorah placed the book containing the recipe on the small table.

"What about the others?"

"They're just copies of famous books, they're no big deal. They also don't have an exact origin since many copies are made. But unlike them, the book with the recipe is unique."

"And you couldn't find the owner..."

"Wait until I finish speaking."

"Right."

"I didn't find a name, but I was able to find some traces of magic in that book from an unknown person. That's enough for me to be able to trace that person."

"I see... And you were able to trace it?"

"To some extent. I found out that this person has been to Grenrok before, she went through the adventurer's guild and then left town. Her trail continues down the road, but I didn't pursue her."

"I see."

"By magic, what race is this person? Could she be a demon?"

"I don't think that is the case, I would say she looks more like an elf."

"An elf?"

"Yes, the trail of magic is very powerful even though it has been there a long time. Only elves have magic so strong and characteristic for that."

"I see. So this person might be an elf and she/he could be anywhere in the world."

"Since you can travel so quickly, I would say it would be a good idea for you to visit the forest where the elves live."

"I see, how far is it?"

"With your speed, you can get there in just a few hours."

"Right."

"In case you can't find any information in the elf forest, come back here and I'll go with you after this person."

"I'll do that."

Larissa took the books back and put them in her storage. Then she went to her house and told everyone where she was going so as not to make everyone worried.

After this, she activated her two spells and began her journey toward the elven forest.

15