Chapter 280 – Elf Village
359 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Larissa had studied a little about the elves so she knew where to go to find them.

They were seen in Jirurd, the land of half-animals and also dwarves. But even there it was a little difficult to find them, for they were shy and also quite reserved.

It was Larissa's first time traveling to Jirurd. She was looking forward to meeting the half-animal people and also the elves.

She had never seen them before, she had only seen one dwarf since she came to this world.

Even though she was on an important investigation, her desire to see a person with animal ears and tail was greater.

When Larissa arrived there, she found the first people with animal ears.

Two men and two women with dog ears just above their heads, and fluffy, furry tails wagging just behind them.

'So it's a lie, they don't have four ears....' After getting closer, Larissa noticed that they did not have four ears, only two, the ones above their heads. For this reason, they kept their hair long.

"Next." After the two men and the two women entered, it was Larissa's turn.

At the gate, two tall, muscular men with bear ears were looking at her menacingly.

Larissa felt no fear, she took out her guild license and showed it to the two bears.

"So you are an adventurer. But what is a human doing here? It's rare for one to show up here."

"Is it that rare?"

"Yes, it is quite rare. We half animals don't mix with humans and they don't like to mix with us. Whenever a human shows up here it's for some mission, it's hard for one to come here to live."

"I see... So that's why I've never met a half-animal person in the human countries."

"Yes, it is quite rare for people to travel there. And you, did you come here because of a mission?"

"Yes and no."

"?"

"I came here to look for someone, an elf."

"Huh?" At Larissa's statement, the two bears raised their eyebrows.

"An elf? You're not thinking of doing anything weird, are you?" One of the bears threatened Larissa, but she remained calm and explained to them what was going on. She didn't need to hide it.

"I see, so that's it. What bastards! They are harming children in this way..."

'They live in another country, don't have any problems if they find out about it, will you?'

"Yes, that's why I want to find the owner of that book. If I find him, maybe he will tell me who took the book and brought it to the human country."

"I see. You can go in, but be careful. Some people might treat you badly because of your race."

"Don't worry, humans would treat you badly too if you went to the human countries. Humans are disgusting."

"..."

"..."

The two bears opened the gate and allowed Larissa to enter.

"So that's one of only three cities that exist in Jirurd."

####

Entering the city, Larissa found a rather pleasant and cheerful atmosphere. It was like a human city, the only difference was its residents had animal ears and tails.

Not all, dwarves and a few elves were walking along the large main street made of dirt.

The street was not paved, but it was not dirty and nobody seemed to be bothered by it. Even though it was made of dirt, the street had no stones and was quite 'smooth' so no carriages seemed to have a problem walking there.

'And the buildings are mostly made of wood, unlike a big city in some human country.' All the buildings were made of wood. The guild, the stores, inns.

Of course, in Grenrok most of the buildings were also made of wood, especially in the most rotten area of the city, but it was different in the capital of Slovika and Mabely.

There most of the buildings that stood near the gate had their entire structure made of bricks.

But whatever, it doesn't matter. What matters is that it is an organized city and everybody seems happy. That was the important thing for a town.

It was good that the town had a good structure, but the residents being happy was even better.

"But now come on, I need to find some elf. I remember seeing one go this way." Walking down the dirt main street, Larissa was observed by most of the locals that passed by.

Her presence there was something that drew a lot of attention, and that was bad for Larissa.

As a person who doesn't like to attract attention, being watched by everyone made Larissa uncomfortable.

But she couldn't just ask them to stop staring at her since she was the "invader" there and they were not used to the presence of humans.

'I just need to do what I have to do and leave.'

She walked down the main street and then turned right where she had seen an elf go.

She found a fairly busy residential street. Lots of men and women with dog ears, cat ears, with fox ears.

It was cuteness heaven.

'Don't lose concentration, where did that elf go? Hmmm, over there!' In the distance, Larissa could see the elf entering a building.

Larissa quickly walked over to it.

On the door was written in an unknown language that for some reason Larissa could read.

"BAR"

Opening the wooden door, Larissa walked inside the bar.

Inside there was a strong smell of alcoholic beverages and also a lot of noise. Many men and women half animals were sitting at the tables talking while drinking and laughing loudly.

'I've never been in a bar before, this is worse than I thought.' Being a person who was not used to alcoholic drinks, Larissa began to feel nauseous.

But holding herself together, she looked around for the elf she had seen earlier.

And she found it. What Larissa thought was a woman was a man.

Besides being a man, he was sitting with other men and was drinking.

'His way of acting is different from what I expected from an elf.'

 

This is the last chapter for today. I will probably post some chapters tomorrow.
Maybe I'll post all the chapters and the story will be finished tomorrow? I will think about it.

15