Chapter 283 – I need to warn them about this.
330 0 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After leaving the guild master's house, Larissa went into the alley and activated her magic.

She flew over the city, analyzing how everything was, especially in the prime area of the city where she had destroyed some mansions. Fortunately, everything had been cleaned up and some mansions had already started to be rebuilt.

"I think everything is fine, no one has died and everything is being rebuilt. And there doesn't seem to be anyone after me, so they must not know who did it. I don't want to get in trouble with the mayor again."

Larissa flew around some more and then stopped on top of a three-story building on the main street.

After that, she looked at the mayor's mansion in the distance.

"I finished with the source of the drug, how will he react? I'd like to see his face when he finds out. Well, and now that his source of income is gone, the city will start having financial problems."

Larissa sighed and then sat on the edge of the building while keeping her invisibility magic activated.

'And speaking of a poor town, I have to warn them, don't I? I need to get back to Mephey and let Lincy's parents know what happened.'

At the thought of this, Larissa's eyes filled with tears again and she clenched her hands with all her strength as she clenched her teeth.

'Damn...'

After wailing for long minutes, Larissa controlled her emotions and then activated her flight magic.

'Let's go to Mephey, I need to warn them about what happened and also offer them support. They will surely hate me for the rest of their lives since I killed Lincy.'

####

In the capital, the silver-eyed woman sitting on the throne was laughing as she received the news about the death of her subordinate.

"That idiot, was he able to die so easily? Ahahaha." The woman began to laugh as her black hair swayed from her movements.

"I can't believe he was killed so easily, I can't believe it. Besides, he let that maid die... She could be useful in the future, I'm a little upset about that."

"That's the information I received, ma'am. After he arrived in Grenrok, he faced that little girl and was killed by her. That little girl was strong enough to destroy a part of the noble area with just one magic."

"I see. But if I face her, she won't be able to do anything. All it takes is a snap of her fingers for her magic to disappear. What do you think I should do? I go after her or wait for her?"

"I don't know, but if I had to say, I don't think she will come after you. She doesn't even know you stole the throne, and she probably wouldn't kill the queen because she knows it would affect the whole country."

"I see. I guess I should go after her then. No, I'll wait a little longer, let's see what she'll do next."

"..."

"I told that idiot that I wouldn't worry about this little girl, but I shouldn't do that. If she's so strong, she's sure to be a problem for me in the future."

"Exactly. You need to finish her off quickly. In the old days she wasn't that strong or 'explosive', she seems to be getting crazier and crazier."

"Crazy?"

"Yes, she seems to lose the ability to think when she gets angry or sad, it's strange."

"I see... Well, wait a little longer and keep me informed. What about that annoying nobleman who kept sending the letters? I think he's the mayor of Grenrok."

"Another letter came from him, the city's financial problems seem to be serious."

"I see. Well, send him some money."

"Are you sure about that?"

"Yes. Since the drug smuggling scheme has been destroyed, that man has no money to maintain the town and that worries me."

"I didn't think you cared about others like that."

"If I don't do anything to help, people might find out that the queen is in jail, right?"

"That makes sense. What about Waldrop? The situation there is chaotic."

"Send help too."

"Right. Amazingly you are doing a queen's job."

"Get out of here before I rip your head off."

"It's okay, I'm sorry."

After the man left the room, the woman stood up from her throne and then straightened her sexy dress. After that, she walked to her living room window and looked at the large capital in front of her.

"This job is boring. I should just start a war and get it over with soon, it won't do any good to keep working like a queen."

'Once everything is destroyed, I can finally rest.' The woman put her hand on the pendant around her neck and then smiled.

"I want to meet you soon. My favorite demon."

With a somewhat disturbing smile, the woman returned to her throne.

####

Arriving in Mephey, Larissa found a different town.

Everything was structured, clean, and cheerful, it was very different from before, and that in a way made Larissa happy. Only for a few moments, because soon she arrived at the door of Lincy's parents' house.

Knocking on the door, Larissa hoped that they had moved out. She was not prepared to face them. Her hands were shaking and her stomach was churning with nervousness.

Larissa almost ran out of there when the door opened.

When the door opened, there she was, Hildisa.

Lincy's mother.

When she saw Larissa, Hildisa's face immediately turned pale, perhaps realizing what had happened.

There was no way she does not know it.

Larissa standing in front of the door was trembling while crying uncontrollably. She tried to control herself, but could not.

Again a whirlwind of feelings hit her and she burst into tears.

15