Chapter 284 – Get Out of Here?
331 0 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After being motionless for a few seconds, Hildisa approached Larissa and hugged her, trying to calm her down.

Then she too began to cry, but quietly.

"It's okay, it's okay." Hildisa stroked Larissa's head. People passing by on the street looked worried.

Especially after Hildisa also started crying for no apparent reason.

"It's not okay, I... It was my fault..." Larissa whined even more as she rubbed her face against Hildisa's breasts.

"I'm sure it wasn't your fault all right? Calm down."

"Do you even know what I'm talking about? I... You can't forgive me!" Larissa screamed and turned away from Hildisa. Larissa's eyes were red and her face was completely wet with tears.

Her body was shaking, and she was struggling to stay on her feet. She clenched her teeth so hard that she was almost breaking them.

"I know very well what happened, a mother knows everything that happens to her child. Please don't make this any harder than it already is..." Hildisa said in a trembling voice.

"..." Larissa looked at her for a while and then came closer again, hugging her.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. It was my fault if I hadn't taken her with me... Forgive me."

"Lincy made her choice, all right?"

"But the person who killed her, I knew that person! I could have stopped it, I could have..."

"You were unconscious, weren't you?"

"But..."

"I already knew what had happened, I got a letter from Emily, I think she is a friend of yours. She told me what happened, she asked me not to blame you, that nothing was your fault."

"Emily did that?"

"Yes, she sent me a letter and told me everything that happened, so don't worry, I'm not going to blame you. My husband and I are not going to blame you for this, all right?"

"But..."

"Don't be like that... Come on in. I'll give you some tea so you can calm down."

"... I mustn't..."

"Don't say silly things."

Hildisa held Larissa's hand and pulled her into her house. She then closed the door and threw Larissa onto the couch in the living room.

"Stay here, I'll get some tea for both of us. My husband isn't home yet, he should be home soon."

"Okay. " Larissa wiped her tears with her hands and tried to control her feelings.

Then Hildisa brought a tray with a pot of tea and two cups.

"Drink that, you'll feel better."

"Thank you."

Larissa had tea with Hildisa and then managed to calm down.
After she calmed down, she was able to have a decent conversation with Hildisa.

It seems that Hildisa had received the information about Lincy's death several days ago. Emily had sent a letter to her.

She had explained everything, how Larissa had been hurt and how Lincy was killed. That they couldn't blame her, since she was completely injured and could do nothing to prevent Lincy's death.

And for this reason, Larissa was the person who felt most guilty. She was strong, but at that moment she was completely weak and frail.

"For that reason, I'm not going to blame you. I'm sure you would have done something if you were well."

"I certainly would have done something, I would never let anything happen to Lincy if I were well. And about the person who killed her, I killed her, I wanted to let you know that."

"I understand... I'm relieved to hear that..." Lincy's mother gave a small smile.

"As much as I never wish death on anyone, I won't deny that I feel glad to know that."

"I also felt good about killing him, but after doing that, nothing changed. The longing, the pain of losing her, is still here." Larissa placed her hand on her chest.

"I certainly know what you're feeling. It's been really hard here at home. Since we got this news my husband isn't the same anymore and I just can't live normally."

"..."

"My head is completely messed up, I can't think things through. Anything I think about, Lincy's face appears in my mind to stop me from continuing my thoughts."

"I understand. I can't understand your pain at the moment, but I certainly want you to feel better. I want to take care of you and your husband, what do you think?"

"?! Are you crazy? Don't worry about it, I'm an adult woman."

"I didn't mean it that way. I will take you both with me and put you in my mansion or another house in Grenrok. I want to stay by your side and I want to make sure that you are all right. I would not forgive myself if something ended up happening to you guys too."

"Are you serious?"

"Of course! I could not take care of Lincy, but I can certainly protect you guys. Lincy would certainly be happy if I gave you a life of luxury, and left you safe 24 hours a day."

"..."

"What do you think? If you come with me and stay at my mansion, you will also have lots of nice people to talk to and spend the day with. I promise you won't regret it."

"Can I talk to my husband about it?"

"Sure. I'll be back tomorrow, okay?"

"Right."

Suddenly all of Larissa's sadness was gone, which left Hildisa quite surprised.

As soon as Larissa left, she began to think about the proposal she had received.

"Going away from here, right? I think that would be good."

17