Chapter 285 – Are you ready yet?
320 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After Larissa left, half an hour passed and Daniel (Lincy's father) came home. As soon as he arrived, he called for Hildisa and she appeared in the living room.

"You finally arrived, I need to talk to you about something."

"What happened?"

"Sit down, I'll tell you everything."

Hildisa told about Larissa's visit and also about her proposal. After hearing everything, Daniel smiled.

"I see, so she came here. Why didn't you tell her to wait for me? I wanted to talk to her for a while."

"When she arrived, she was feeling very bad. It's better that you don't have seen her, you would surely cry along with her."

"No, I wouldn't do that."

"I'm sure you would."

"Ahahaha. Well, about her proposal, what do you think?"

"I think it's a good proposal. It's not doing me much good to stay here, it's too many memories."

"I feel the same way. Every time I get home from work and see the house, I remember Lincy and start to feel bad. Getting away from here would do me some good."

"So should we accept her proposal?"

"But I feel bad for throwing the responsibility of 'taking care of us' on her. I know she won't take care of us like she was our mother, but I feel bad for taking advantage of her goodwill."

"I'm sure she's okay with that. She seemed pretty excited to take us."

"I see. Then I guess that's settled, isn't it?"

"Yes..."

The two looked around.

"I'm going to miss this place."

"Me too."

####

'What should I do today? Should I send a letter to the other three human countries declaring war? Or should I just send my soldiers to the border?'

Sitting on the throne, the 'queen' put her hand on her chin and began to think about the best alternative to put her plan into action.

'Sending letters would put them on alert, and that would make them send their soldiers to their borders. I think that might be interesting.'

"Hey, you, call that man who handles the documents, I forgot his name."

"Yes, ma'am."

The soldier rushed out of the room and soon after returned bringing a tall man wearing a suit.

"Did you call me, your majesty?"

"What a stupid question. Well, whatever. I want you to send a letter to all the human countries, and declare war against them all. Put them on alert."

"What?" The man widened his eyes in surprise. The soldiers inside the room began talking among themselves, seeming not to believe what they were hearing.

"Exactly, declare war with everyone and put them on alert. Then gather all the soldiers and take them to the border. Don't worry, I'll be on the front lines with you." The woman smiled.

After that statement the man was even more surprised, he couldn't believe those insane words he was hearing.

The soldiers inside the room started talking even louder, making the queen lose her patience.

"Silence!" She shouted.

Then she looked at the man again.

"Just do what I'm telling you, all right?"

At her gaze, the man felt his body tremble.

"Okay, I'll do it right away."

Without the power to refuse, the man rushed out of the throne room to get everything ready. At the same time, the woman began to laugh inside the room.

'The time is coming. I've waited so long for this!'

####

The man quickly wrote all the letters and sent them to the two human countries.

Slovika and Sothyl.

Very nervous about the whole thing, he made some mistakes in his handwriting, but still quickly sent the letters.

"What is that woman thinking? Does she want to destroy our country?" After sending the letters, the man lamented as he shivered.

He had no perspective for the future from now on.

####

Larissa arrived at her mansion and had dinner together with everyone.
She talked about her conversation with Hildisa and Daniel, and they didn't seem to be against the two of them being brought to the mansion.

Afterward, she slept together with Syl and prepared to travel the next day to pick up the two.

Syl was upset about her departure, but Larissa promised to bring a gift, so Syl stayed home to look forward to her gift.

Larissa flew at high speed towards Mephey and then stopped in front of the door of Hildisa's house and knocked on the door a few times. After Hildisa opened the door, Larissa quickly entered and then deactivated her invisibility magic.

"Isn't there anyone?"

And Hildisa after closing the door turned around and in found Larissa standing in front of her.

For a moment she felt her heart stop, but then she recovered.

"Do you want to scare me? How did you get in?!" Hildisa yelled at Larissa as she sat down on the couch.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you."

"Don't suddenly appear inside people's houses."

"Okay, I'm sorry."

"It's okay... Now sit down, I need to talk to you about what you propose."

"So, what have you decided?"

"I talked to Daniel yesterday and he said it's a good idea for us to go with you. I think it's a good idea too, so..."

"Good..."

"?"

"I didn't think you guys would accept... Because of what happened..."

"I said it's not your fault and we don't hold grudges, right?"

"Yes..."

"Then don't worry."

"Okay, I'll keep that in mind." Larissa gave a big smile.

Hildisa looked quite happy to see Larissa's big smile.

'For some reason seeing her smile warms my heart. Maybe because she is a child?'

"Okay, should we get our bags ready? When are we going to travel?"

"Are you ready to go now? I thought you guys would take at least a week to settle unfinished business or something."

"We have no unfinished business in Mephey, we can leave at any time. All that's left is for us to pack our bags. Daniel is almost home, he went to the market to buy food for lunch."

"I understand. I'll leave for a moment while you pack up, okay? I promised to buy a present for Syl."

"Speaking of her, how is she?"

"She's fine."

"I see. She's such a sweet girl, I can't wait to see her again."

"Ahahaha, yes, she's a good girl. I'm going now, I'll be back in up to two hours."

"Right."

14