Chapter 291 – She has lost her composure.
470 4 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I don't have much reason."

"You've got to be kidding! Look what you're doing, you're destroying the country!" Larissa shouted angrily. The woman turned on her back and walked back to the throne.

"The country is not going to be destroyed because of this, calm down."

"You are crazy. You know what will happen after Sothyl and Slovika ally themselves and win this war, don't you? They will surely want to control Mabely."

"Does it matter? The residents are not going to die just because they are controlled by other countries."

"You don't think about the consequences of your actions." Larissa tried to calm herself so as not to do anything rash.

'I feel that attacking this woman is not a good idea, but I don't lack the will to do so.'

"One last question, were you the one who did that in Grenrok? You killed all those adventurers."

"I had nothing to do with it, it was that man you killed who planned it all. He wanted to harm you somehow, that's why he killed your friend."

"So you knew about everything and didn't stop it?"

"Why would I stop him? I have nothing to do with it. You are enemies, I am not your enemy."

"Are you sure about that? Because if you don't stop all this around immediately, I will be your enemy."

"Hm... You know I'm not weak, that's why you haven't attacked me yet, am I right? Ever since we started talking your hands have been shaking. You must be dying to punch me in the face, right?"

"..."

"Well, I'm not going to stop the war, you can become my enemy if you want. But know that it won't be easy to stop me, I am proud of my strength."

"You don't know my strength either."

"I know your magical abilities very well, but you will not be able to do anything against me."

"..."

Larissa and the woman were silent soon after. Larissa was staring at her and her hatred was growing more and more, meanwhile, the woman continued to smile as if nothing was happening.

She didn't feel threatened, and that made Larissa even angrier.

"So you're just going to keep standing there? Not going to visit your grandmother?"

"You know, I didn't want to have to kill you, but you leave me no choice."

"Oh?"

"If you won't stop the war even though I asked you to, I'll kill you and stop the war with my own hands, it's that simple."

"Are you always so confident? I would like to have your confidence."

Larissa, who was standing near the door, quickly raised her hand and tried to cast attack magic directly at the woman.

But right after she tried to imagine the magic, it was as if the image that had formed in her mind faded away.

Her magic was not activated.

Larissa looked at her hand with wide eyes, clearly surprised by the situation.

Then she looked at the woman and saw a more frightening smile on her face.

Then Larissa began to sweat, feeling very nervous.

"I told you that you wouldn't be able to do anything against me." The woman then used magic to hold Larissa's neck.

Even though she was meters away, Larissa felt her neck being grabbed by a hand that did not exist.

Unable to breathe, she began to struggle as she tried to use her strength to free herself from the invisible hand.

Even though that hand was on her neck, she couldn't touch it with her hands, it was so strange.

Larissa was pulled directly to the woman.

She then looked into Larissa's eyes as if she was looking at a cute puppy, she was enjoying herself.

"You are so beautiful."

"You... I'm going to kill you..."

"You won't succeed until you can get rid of my magic barrier. Good luck."

The woman threw Larissa away. She flew a few feet away and fell to the ground just in front of the throne.

Larissa began to cough uncontrollably.

After recovering, Larissa used her physical strength to run toward the woman on the throne.

"AAAAAAH!" Screaming, she came forward in an instant and tried to hit her, but Larissa took a punch to her belly from that same invisible hand.

Larissa flew away as she tried to pull oxygen into her lungs.

"Who are you? I don't understand."

"You can call me Zoe. Isn't that a pretty name?"

"Zoe, isn't it? How about you die now?" Getting up, Larissa concentrated harder than ever as she closed her eyes.

After a few seconds, her body began to glow.

It was a very eye-catching white color.

In Larissa's mind, some things were being created. As if she were a weapons expert, Larissa began to imagine every detail of a firearm.

Then in her right hand a weapon, very similar to a revolver, was being created. The weapon was all made of metal.

Zoe, not understanding Larissa was managing to use magic, began to worry.

'She shouldn't be able to use magic.' Zoe looked at all the spots that had placed her marks, but the marks were still on the wall, no one but her was supposed to be able to use magic inside that room.

And Larissa didn't understand Zoe's concern.

She just concentrated on building every detail of that weapon.

'I don't have gunpowder so I have to make this weapon launch projectile with magic.' She thought as the weapon was finalized in her hand.

After finishing the creation of the weapon, Larissa's body stopped glowing.

When that happened, she felt the strength in her legs disappear.

'Damn, it looks like that took a lot out of me. Who knew I could create a weapon in another world. That's just crazy. I guess the power of the imagination has no limits, I should have made better use of it all.'

Larissa smiled as she looked at the completely black weapon in her hand.

It was a gun very similar to a revolver, but it had some details that made it unique...

"Okay, I guess I should end this quickly."

Larissa picked up her revolver and pointed it at the woman.

The woman looked at Larissa a bit surprised, but then started laughing.

"AHAHAHA, WHAT IS THAT? A TOY? You used all that magic to create that?"

"That toy can hurt you, did you know that?" Even without knowing if the weapon would work, Larissa began to threaten the woman.

"Sure, sure. You better get out of here before I lose my patience with you, understand?"

"You're doubting the capability of this toy too much." Larissa pulled the trigger of the gun without hesitation.

And in her mind, she hoped the gun would work.

But...

After pulling the trigger nothing happened.

"AHAHAHA, I KNEW IT, THAT'S FUNNY."

The woman started laughing even harder after nothing had happened.
At least that for a few seconds.

Just then the "barrel" of the gun that was theoretically meant to hold the ammunition, began to spin and glow.

At the tip of the gun, a golden light source began to be created that looked quite dangerous. Then the woman began to worry about her safety.

But before she could use her invisible hand to stop Larissa, the gun went off.

It was a laser that quickly pierced the woman's chest.

The woman, after feeling her chest burning, jumped off the throne.

She put her hand on her chest and saw that she was bleeding non-stop.

"I told you to underestimate this toy. I think you'd better take care of that wound or you're going to die. You're lucky I didn't hit your heart."

'Glad it worked...' Larissa breathed a relieved breath into her mind.

"..."

The woman was silent as she looked at Larissa.

After standing in silence for some time, the woman again tried to use her invisible hand to hit Larissa, but Larissa now recovered managed to avoid the attack as if she was seeing that hand.

Then she fired another shot in the woman's direction. This time the laser hit her belly.

"Why? It wasn't supposed to be like this! WHY YOU CAN USE MAGIC?!" And after receiving the second shot, the woman finally realized that she was in danger.

As she screamed, a huge amount of blood came out of her mouth.

"Why? I just wanted to bring him back!"

"Him?"

"I just wanted to bring my love back, I didn't want to destroy the world or anything. Why does everything have to go wrong? WHY DO YOU EXIST?"

'She has completely lost her composure, she doesn't even look like the same person.'

"I don't know who that person is, but bringing him back is not a reason to start a war and kill thousands of innocent people."

"No, it's not over yet, I will make you pay for it. All those friends of yours, I'm going to kill them all! ALL OF THEM, DO YOU UNDERSTAND? I will use the souls of all of them to bring my love back."

"You can try to do something against me, but if you even think about doing something against them, it's enough for me to kill you."

Larissa pulled the trigger of the gun again.

This time Larissa's shot went directly into Zoe's head.

After the shot went through her head and a hole appeared in her forehead, Zoe fell to the ground already lifeless.

After this happened, Larissa tried to use her spells again, and even though Zoe was already dead, her magic was not activating.

'Looks like she's not the one who was deactivating my magic, there must be something around here.'

Larissa looked around for anything suspicious and found some symbols in all corners of the room. After erasing all of them, her magic had finally returned to normal.

"I'm glad that was quick and simple."

Larissa smiled satisfied.

17