Chapter 292 – Retreat the entire army.
412 0 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Larissa put her gun away in her storage and then went to the prison to try to find her grandmother.

She was a little reluctant about this because her grandmother certainly still hated her. And if what Zoe had said was true, she was still blaming Larissa for everything that was happening.

"All right, let's go."

Walking down the dirty corridor of the prison, Larissa found a few people locked up and some were even dead.
But she ignored them all, she kept looking for her grandmother.

And she found her.

Almost in the last cell of the prison.

Her grandmother was lying on a mattress that was on the floor. Her clothes were dirty, and she seemed to be fast asleep.

Or maybe dead.

"Grandmother?" Larissa called out to her to make sure.

But her grandmother didn't answer.

So Larissa used her strength to break the barriers and went inside.

After doing so she approached her grandmother. Larissa straightened her body.

When she had done this, Larissa had finally noticed the real state of her body.

She was thin, her bones were showing, her skin no longer had any color, and her lips were purple.

And she wasn't breathing.

"..." Larissa was silent for a while as she watched her grandmother's body.

After a while, she stood up carrying her grandmother in her arms.

"I hate you, but you are still part of my family." For some reason, Larissa felt sad about her grandmother's death.

Out of the prison, Larissa kept looking at her grandmother's face.

She did look like her.

"Why?" and when she reached one of the rooms and laid her grandmother's body on the bed, Larissa felt tears streaming down her face.

Not understanding why she was crying, Larissa covered her grandmother's body with a blanket and then left the room.

"Why am I crying? That woman hated me!" Larissa wiped her tears and then got out of there as fast as she could.

'And now that she is dead? Will I have to take over the throne?'

That was on Larissa's mind since she was the sole heir to the throne.

####

Flying through the sky, Larissa headed towards the border of the country.
It took her a few hours to get there.

When she got closer, in the distance she could already see an army of millions of people at the border. They were Mabely's soldiers.

They had set up large camp miles long, and there were large tents the size of mansions that were full of resources.

Larissa watched all those people from the sky and took a deep breath.

"What have you done?" She quickly descended into the middle of the army.

She went to the main hut, which Larissa believed to be the place where the captain of Mabely's army was.

Fortunately, on the other side of the border, there was no enemy army.

As soon as she got down in the middle of the army, Larissa went to the hut and went inside.

When she entered, she found a man sitting behind a large wooden table. He was wearing shining, elegant armor. He was good-looking.

And after getting close enough to the table, Larissa deactivated her invisibility magic.

"What?" when she appeared in front of the man's table, he almost fell backward.

The guards inside the hut raised their weapons, but when they noticed it was a child they lowered their weapons. They were confused.

"What is a child doing here?" The man sitting down said after recovering.

Larissa looked at him for a while and then slapped the table.

"Return immediately to Mabely, pull back all the soldiers." She said with an authoritative tone, then the man was even more confused.

"First I want to know who you are."

"All right, I never thought I would do this, but..." Larissa took a deep breath and then shouted out loud.

"MY NAME IS LARA SOUTHLEIN, I AM THE PRINCESS AND THE ONLY LIVING HEIRESS!" She shouted so that even the people outside the tent would hear.

The man, upon hearing this, opened his mouth and widened his eyes.

All the soldiers around were silent, everyone was stunned.

No one was laughing or taking what Lara said as a joke, they seemed to believe it.

"Lara? You that little Lara?"

He had started to cry.

Lara looked at the man not knowing how to react.

"Are you that little Lara? Lindy's daughter?" The man asked again.

"Yes, that's me."

"Where were you? Where were you? After your mother was killed you just disappeared."

"My grandmother... I mean, the queen sent me to live in a mansion quite far from the capital. I thought everyone connected with the castle knew about it."

"No, of course not. I always thought you were dead. Some friends and I searched for you, but we gave up hope. The queen had only said that you had run away, of course, I never believed her."

"..."

"I can't believe you're here. But how did you get here? I can't believe it!"

The man was emotional.

"Please listen to me. I will talk to you all you want later, but now you need to make all the soldiers retreat!"

"We can't, your grandmother lost possession of the throne."

"Yes, I know that. But don't worry, that woman is already dead. Unfortunately, my grandmother is also already dead. So you need to obey me now, understand?"

"Are you going to assume the throne?"

"I don't know yet. Now start evacuating the army, and send all the men back to their cities and families. Don't worry about the armies of the other countries, I will take care of everything."

"But..."

"Trust me. Please do what I am asking you to do."

"You've grown so much... All right, I will do what the little lady is asking." The man gave a cheerful smile as he wiped away his tears.

All the soldiers around him seemed cheerful about everything that was happening.

18