Chapter 295 – That was so shameful!
416 2 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Lara arrived in the capital, it was already night.

She had spent the whole day stopping the war, and this made her very tired.

But she couldn't rest now, she had to take care of her grandmother's body and also prepare everything to give the news about her grandmother's death and to announce that she would take over the throne.

Since there was no one to help her, she had to do everything herself.

So, after arriving at the castle, she went up to the second floor and walked up to the balcony, where she could see the whole capital.

Everything was silent and dark.

It was cold and a large amount of fog was taking over the city. It was like an abandoned city in a horror movie.

"This war has got everybody scared... And the men taken away have left all the families in mourning. They already seem to have accepted that they are all going to die. That's scary."

Lara took a deep breath, then turned and opened the door in front of her, revealing a large empty hallway with several doors.

It didn't have good lighting, so it was a bit dark.

In addition, everything was silent.

The only guards present in the castle were dead, and the maids were gone, so Lara was completely alone.

"That's right, no one noticed the soldiers' bodies lying in the garden and front of the castle. Maybe it's because no one is leaving the house."

Lara smiled and then went to the room where she had left her grandmother's body.

She took the blanket off her grandmother and then took her to the garden in front of the castle.

Her body was already completely cold and stiff.

"Will you be annoyed if I bury you in the garden? I hope not." Lara carefully placed her grandmother's body on the ground and then dug a deep hole in the earth. Then Lara jumped down holding her grandmother and placed her at the bottom of the hole.

She didn't want to just throw her body down there.

After using her flight magic to get out of the hole, she filled the hole with earth again.

After doing this, she used earth magic to create a cross made of iron. She also wrote her grandmother's name on the cross.

"She was a bad person, but she deserves dignified treatment. I hope you can rest in peace."

Lara knelt in front of her grandmother's "tomb" and in began to pray.

As she prayed, Lara for some reason began to cry.

But she didn't care, she knew that this was normal because the woman she had just buried was her family.

####

After she finished praying, Larissa went upstairs to the throne room of the castle.

Zoe's body was still on the floor. Because of the large amount of blood that came out of Zoe's body, the floor had become completely stained.

"That's going to be a lot of work to clean up... And where will I throw her body?" Unlike her grandmother, Larissa picked up Zoe's body as if she were just any piece of meat.

After taking her to the garden, Larissa dug a hole in the ground and threw Zoe's body down there. Then she used fire magic to turn the woman's body into ashes.

"I hope you burn in hell," Lara said as she used earth magic to plug the hole.

After she got rid of the body of the two, she looked around and observed the bodies of all those guards. They were all over the garden, in the street, and all over the main corridor of the castle.

"Come on..."

Then, using all her strength and speed, Larissa collected all the bodies and placed them all together inside the garden.

"I will not burn them, I will deliver the bodies to all the families." She then began to clean up all the mess she had made.

Lara used water magic to clean everything and wind magic to dry everything. And after she finished cleaning everything up, she went to one of the bedrooms and threw herself on the bed.

"I'm tired..."

Before she knew it, she had fallen asleep.

####

When Larissa woke up the next day, she had already started to hear many voices outside the castle.

When she went to the window, she could see many residents outside staring at the pile of bodies that Larissa had made.

In addition to the castle garden that was destroyed.

"I thought the war had scared them away. I didn't think they would leave the house." Lara closed the curtain and then went to the bathroom to wash her face.

And after combing her hair, she took a deep breath and prepared to go to the balcony of the castle.

"I need to have courage."

Lara approached the door that led to the balcony and then slowly opened it.

The residents, who were in front of the castle, noticed the door opening and all started looking at the castle balcony.

Only women and children, there were no grown men.

'The soldiers haven't returned yet...'

While holding her breath, Lara took a few steps and approached the "fence" of the balcony.

Everyone was silent as they stared at her.

"ATTENTION!" Lara shouted to get everyone's attention. But it was somewhat unnecessary, as everyone was already looking at her.

"MY NAME IS LARA SOUTHLEIN, DAUGHTER OF LINDY SOUTHLEIN AND GRANDDAUGHTER OF CRIYSTINA SOUTHLEIN. I'M SURE MOST OF YOU KNOW ME."

After Lara shouted that, the residents started talking among themselves.

Lara could notice some older women smiling as they looked at Lara, they seemed to know who she was.

"I WAS AWAY FOR A LONG TIME BECAUSE OF SOME FAMILY PROBLEMS, BUT NOW I AM BACK."

"THE FIRST THING YOU NEED TO KNOW IS THAT QUEEN CRYISTINA HAD HER THRONE USURPED A LONG TIME AGO. YOU GUYS WERE LIVING UNDER THE RULE OF A COMPLETELY UNKNOWN PERSON... AND..."

Lara bit her lips.

"UNFORTUNATELY QUEEN CRIYSTINA WAS KILLED!"

At Lara's statement, everyone's eyes widened, they looked terrified.

Some people had even started to cry.

"THE WAR, HAD BEEN ORDERED BY THE PERSON WHO KILLED MY GRANDMOTHER, BUT I TOOK CARE OF EVERYTHING. I KILLED HER WITH MY OWN HANDS!"

Lara took a deep breath and continued.

"THEN, SINCE MY GRANDMOTHER HAD NOT DECLARED WAR AGAINST ANYONE, I TRAVELED TO ALL THE COUNTRIES AND MADE THEM RETREAT THEIR ARMIES. MABELY'S ARMY IS ALSO ALREADY RETURNING, EVERYONE IS SAFE!"

People began to shout in happiness after they heard this.
Lara also smiled with satisfaction.

"AND NOW THAT MY GRANDMOTHER IS DEAD, I AM THE ONLY DIRECT HEIR TO THE THRONE WHO IS STILL ALIVE. UNFORTUNATELY, MY MOTHER WAS KILLED BY MY GRANDMOTHER AND I CAN'T EVEN REMEMBER HOW IT ALL HAPPENED."

The residents again were silent, clearly saddened by it all.

"SO, BECAUSE OF THAT, I WILL TAKE OVER THE THRONE FROM TODAY! FROM TODAY I WILL BE THE NEW QUEEN OF MABELY!" Lara shouted even louder.

The residents looked at each other and then began to applaud Lara.

"I HAVE NEVER BEEN A QUEEN BEFORE, SO IT MAY TAKE ME A WHILE TO ADJUST TO THIS POSITION. BUT I PROMISE YOU, I WILL DO EVERYTHING TO MAKE THE COUNTRY PROSPER!"

"I WANT YOU GUYS TO SPREAD EVERYTHING I HAVE SAID THROUGHOUT ALL THE CITIES OF MABELY. MY CORONATION WILL TAKE PLACE NEXT MONTH, AS I NEED TO TAKE CARE OF SOME IMPORTANT MATTERS."

"I HOPE THAT YOU GUYS CAN ACCEPT ME AS YOUR NEW QUEEN BECAUSE I AM SURE THAT YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT. I'M NOT VERY GOOD WITH WORDS, SO I HOPE I DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING STRANGE."

Lara gave a cute smile and the residents started laughing.

Then, after saying goodbye, Lara was congratulated and many shouts could be heard outside the castle.

After she left the balcony, she threw herself on the ground and started rolling around.

"That was so shameful! So shameful!"

She wailed.

18