Chapter 296 – Visit to the King of Slovika
409 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After a few hours, Lara had already brought the maids back to the castle and some guards also showed up to take care of the bodies that were in the garden.

"Now that the maids are cleaning the house and the bodies are being removed, I am going out for a bit. I need to visit the king of Slovika as I promise. I hope it will be a peaceful visit."

After letting the head maid know that she was going out, Lara activated her invisibility magic and then flew towards Slovika again.

"After that, I will go to the elves' village to bring everyone to the capital. I can't let them live in Grenrok alone. Ah, how will they react? I have deceived them all this time, they don't even know my real name. Well, I changed my name..."

Lara continued to think about what she would do as she continued on her journey.

After some time, she had finally arrived in Slovika.

Same old atmosphere, everyone acting serious, everyone acting polite.

"What will the king of this country be like? I hope he doesn't act like a lord of England."

Lara flew to one of the alleys, deactivated her invisibility magic, and then walked to the entrance of the castle.

In front of the gate, two guards holding spears looked at her.

"You can't come in here, little girl."

"You'd better go back."

The two guards warned.

But Lara just sighed.

"My name is Lara Souhlein, the current queen of Mabely. I am here to speak to your king." She said with a serious expression.

The two men looked at her and then looked at each other.

Then one of the men ran into the castle while the other watched Lara.

After a few minutes, the guard returned.

"The king wishes to see you. But we will escort you there, just in case."

"All right."

Lara entered the castle accompanied by the two guards.

Just like the castle she would live in from now on, it was all very large and luxurious. The only difference was the strange paintings all over the walls. It even looked like a museum.

Lara felt her body shiver for a moment, she was sure that one of the paintings had moved her eyes.

But after all that discomfort, Lara and the guards had finally reached the throne room.

The door opened, and a large red carpet leading up to the throne was revealed.

The throne was red and had some gold trim.

On either side of the room, there were soldiers holding spears ready to kill Lara at any moment if she tried to do anything against the king.

"You guys can leave now." The old king said.

After that, he looked at Lara.

"So you are Lara Southlein? You look like her."

"Because I am her granddaughter."

"Hm. So, is it true that you are the new queen of Mabely? How did you get here?"

"Yes, it is true. And how I got here is a secret."

"Secret?"

"Yes."

"I see. But what have you come all this way for? My army is already heading toward your country. Isn't it too late?"

"About that, I already visited your army and talked to the commander. They were camping near the border. He has surely already sent some soldier at here to warn about it."

"You talked to the commander of my army?"

"Exactly. The war was not orchestrated by my grandmother, so I undid the declaration of war and sent my country's army back. I warned your army and also Sothyl's army about it. It was easier to convince Sothyl's army as the queen was quite kind and was together with them."

"I see. So the war was just a mistake."

"It was not a mistake. The will of the person who had usurped my grandmother's throne was for that war to happen. But I stopped it. Unfortunately, my grandmother is already dead, and since I am the only heir I will assume the throne."

"It seems that you didn't want to do that, didn't you?"

"Exactly. I wanted to live free, but if I do that the country might collapse. Some nobleman would surely take control of the country if I left."

"That could easily happen. Well, I'm glad you came here in person to warn me about it."

"I promised your commander that I would visit you and let you know about everything that is happening."

"I see."

"Okay, I think I will leave now. Visit my country anytime you like, I will welcome you to my castle."

"Hearing that from a child and not from that old woman is a little strange. For that matter, that old woman would never call me to visit her country."

"Was my grandmother such a bad person?"

"She was a monster. The amount of bad things she did is unbelievable. You know what happened to your mother, don't you?"

"Yes, I know."

"Then you can understand how horrible your grandmother is."

"Yes."

After exchanging a few more words with the king of Slovika, Lara was invited to dine together with the king and his family.

Since it was still very early, it would take a long time for dinner, so Lara refused to stay for dinner.

She had too many other things to do during the day.

So after saying goodbye, she flew off in the direction of the elven village.

"I feel so nervous..." Lara didn't know how she was going to tell them that she had suddenly become the new queen of Mabely.

14