Chapter 299 – Do Nobles Eat Ogre Meat?
396 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A quick and quiet trip.

Due to the several trips, by the time Lara and Emily arrived in the capital, it was already evening. The city was livelier than before, but because of the absence of most of the men, there was still a lot of life missing in that city.

"I thought the capital would be busier and noisier."

"I declared the end of the war only two days ago. The soldiers have not yet returned. When they all return, the capital will go back to the way it was before."

"That's right, I had forgotten about that."

"All right, now I will take you to the castle just as I did with the others. Don't be alarmed in case the maids are too assertive. Since you are close friends, they are sure to treat you like nobles."

"That scares me."

"Hahaha."

Lara flew toward the castle garden and after setting her feet on the ground deactivated her invisibility magic.

The guards, who were at the gate, didn't even notice the appearance of the two.

Lara didn't warn them that she had arrived, she went straight to the front door of the castle and opened it.

As soon as she did, right at the entrance four maids were waiting for them.

"Welcome back, Miss Lara." The four maids said at the same time. They were very well synchronized.

'In just one day the number of maids has increased greatly. In addition, they already seem to have accepted me as the new queen. I'm happy, but it's still a little uncomfortable for me. The last time I was treated this way was when I had arrived in this world.'

Lara looked at the four maids and then cleared her throat.

"Prepare a new room for Emily. And treat her as best you can."

"Your wish is my command." The four maids said and then one approached Emily.

"Would you come with me, Miss Emily? We will take care of your bathing, dressing, and also decorating your new room in the way you wish."

She was the oldest and most experienced maid among the four.

After hearing that, Emily looked to Lara for help, but Lara just smiled and let Emily be taken away.

"All right, I'll get ready for dinner too. I wonder where the others are. Whatever, I'm just going to enjoy my new tub."

Lara went to her room to take a shower. Two maids standing in the doorway offered to help, but Lara denied their help, she wanted to shower by herself to think about some things.

So after washing her body, she threw herself into the tub.

"Haaaa~~ This is so nice. I hope the others are enjoying this too."

As Lara imagined, everyone was inside their respective bathtubs enjoying the hot water.

####

When she finished her bath, Lara picked up her last still clean dress to wear. A completely black dress.

After that, she used magic to dry her hair and then called one of the maids to help her comb her hair.

The maid seemed quite happy to be doing that.

"May I ask why you are smiling so much?"

"Oh, I'm sorry."

"I'm not angry, I just wanted to know what you're feeling right now. Are you enjoying having me as your new queen?"

"..."

"You can answer, I don't mind."

"All right." The maid was young, she was nervous.

"I am very happy that you are the new queen. Your grandmother was very hard on us."

"I see. Just that?"

"I smile like that too because you are so beautiful and it is an honor to comb the hair of such a cute girl."

"Urgh, that's a little embarrassing."

"..."

After the maid finished combing her hair, Lara was already prepared to join everyone for dinner, but before the maid left, Lara called her one last time.

"Could you find a good stylist and a good clothing supplier? I need some new dresses."

"Yes ma'am!"

The maid came out of the room.

Lara smiled and then left the room to go towards the dining room. Everywhere she went the maids and guards inside the castle bowed their heads to greet and revere her.

It was a strange but very pleasant feeling.

The feeling of power made Lara very happy.

####

In the dining room, everyone was waiting for Lara.

A large room, almost like a ballroom.

A huge table that could easily hold 20 people. Besides the table, chairs, chandelier, cutlery, plates, even the napkins. Everything was so luxurious and looked so expensive.

Lara was in awe of the whole structure of the dining room.

The head maid named Sacy approached to take her to her seat. Sacy is a maid who has worked here since her childhood and now she had become the head maid.

She was a competent girl that even Lara's grandmother adored.

"Thank you." After being led to the end of the table to sit, Lara sat down and then thanked her.

Sacy lowered her head and then raised it while keeping a smile on her face.

"It is good to see that you are back, Princess Lara. I mean, Queen Lara." Lara could see a few tears appearing in the corner of Sacy's eyes. It was the first conversation Lara was having with her.

Lara then smiled at Sacy.

And after Sacy walked away, other maids began to arrive dragging a cart full of pots full of food.

It was a quantity of food that Lara had never seen before.

Everyone at the table stared in amazement at that.

No one was used to this, except Lara who had been treated the same way before.

Emily, her mother, and her father were on the right side of the table, very close to Lara who was on the edge. And on the left side were Syl, Daniel, and Hildisa, in that order. It was normal that Syl was closer to Lara.

Everyone began to be served. A large quantity of meat made with herbs, also something that looked like rice, something that looked like beans, and a salad with various things that Lara had never encountered in this world.

And the choices of meats seemed endless.

Boar meat, poultry meat, cow meat, and also meat from some animals that Lara never imagined it was possible to eat the meat from, like ogre meat.

The meat was kind of a strange color, but it was quite tasty.

I never imagined that the nobility would eat ogre meat. They are such disgusting monsters.'

Dinner continued for almost two hours. Lara used that time to tell everyone about her adventures over the past few days.

14