Chapter 300 – Visiting all my friends.
401 2 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day when Lara woke up, she went to the dining room and found everyone already eating breakfast.

After having breakfast with everyone, Lara decided to arrange a meeting with some high-ranking nobles of the country to talk about the future of the country.

It was not something she wanted to do, but after being guided by Emily during the night, she had no choice.

So, after only a few minutes after the nobles were notified, the meeting room was already filled with men in suits.

Eight of them.

All heads of the duke families.

When Lara entered the meeting room, all the men looked at her suspiciously and were also analyzing her.

Lara was well dressed and exuded an air of nobility, so everyone was quite pleased even though she was just a child.

After walking to the end of the table where a luxurious chair that resembled a throne stood, Lara sat down and then cleared her throat.

"Thank you for coming."

"We who thank you for calling on all of us, your majesty. I didn't imagine that a meeting would be scheduled so suddenly." One of the men said and the others agreed.

"Well, first of all, I would like to know everyone's family name, their main areas of expertise, such as mining, farming, etc. I also ask that you all come to a consensus so that we can elect a new head of state as soon as possible."

Upon hearing Lara's words, all the men fell silent as they looked at each other.

"Your majesty, I don't think we can do that. The head of state must be chosen by you. Sure, some people will send their resumes, but we can't interfere with that."

"So that's it. I'm sorry, I have no experience of being a queen. That's fine, leave the choice of the new head of state to me. But it doesn't matter much since I intend to be in all the negotiations, I don't want to leave the job to someone else."

The men were silent and smiled a little awkwardly.

"All right, now I want to ask you all a question. Your families, do they all support my ascension to the throne?"

Upon hearing Lara's question, all the nobles looked at each other again and all smiled.

"Of course, no doubt about it."

"We couldn't be more pleased. If you follow Princess Lindy's ideals, you will be the best queen we have ever had."

"My wife couldn't believe you're alive."

"Forgive me for saying this, but your grandmother was a horrible person, we couldn't be more pleased to have a new queen. Even more so a girl so young who seems to be so kind."

"That's right, you have everything to be the best queen we've ever had."

Lara began to receive several compliments from the nobles.

Everyone was kind, but Lara can't help but feel uncomfortable, mostly because of the feeling of danger. It was obvious why she was being so fawned over by all these men.

'They are important nobles for the country, it is obvious that they intend to try to control me or do whatever they want. I'm sorry, but that's not going to happen.' Lara thought to herself.

After the meeting was finished, Lara sighed inside the room.

'They are all just idiots who think about money and also about gaining benefits. It looks like I'll have to take care of everything without depending on these people. Of course, I will leave them with their positions and territories because the income they produce helps the country a lot."

Lara rose from the throne and then went back to her room. When she got there, she found Emily.

"How was it?"

"They were just old men who only think about money and were fawning over me for benefits or to try something like a marriage."

"How do you know that?"

"I've read too many fantasy stories to understand how it all works."

"I understand..."

"..."

"But now changing the subject, when will your coronation be? Isn't that necessary?"

"Yes, I will set a date later today. Besides I need to go back to Grenrok to personally invite all my friends."

"Are you sure? Your face and the news that you have become the new queen is already going around, surely the people of Grenrok already know about the end of the war and that you are the new queen."

"I always wanted to be someone famous just to walk down the street and see how people react."

"that's weird. I wonder how hard it must be for famous people to walk the streets."

####

After letting everyone know she was leaving, Lara left the castle under the care of Emily and the head maid and flew towards Grenrok. She wanted to visit all her friends to explain what was happening.

They would not be nervous around her and would continue to treat her the same way?

So after arriving in Grenrok, the first person she visited was the guild master.

She went through the window of the guild master's room. As soon as she passed by the window, the guild master stood up preparing to receive a surprise attack, but Lara just walked past him and into the middle of the room.

She then deactivated her invisibility magic in front of him.

When she suddenly appeared in front of him, the guild master widened his eyes looking surprised.

"I don't remember you using magic like that before."

"I have some secrets."

"I see. Should I still call you Larissa? Or maybe Lara?" He had a smile on his face, he was genuinely happy.

"You can call me Lara, I think I'll drop the name 'Larissa' from now on."

"I see. And how should I treat you? Should I get down on my knees?"

"Don't say silly things, you old man. I came here personally to invite you to my coronation ceremony next month, how would you like to go there?"

"In the capital?"

"Exactly. Of course, your wife and Suzan are invited too. Even the maids who work in your mansion are invited."

"What an honor for the queen herself to come all this way to invite me. I certainly wouldn't refuse."

"Stop it. Now I have to talk to the others."

"Will you go personally and invite them all?"

"Yes."

"I wouldn't do that if I were you. If you happen to be seen around town, you'll end up causing a ruckus."

"Am I that famous?"

"Yes, you are. Mainly because you stopped the war the same day you took the throne, people love you."

"I understand. But I'll be careful. And I also have this magic, no one can see me." Lara activated her invisibility magic.

"Yes. And that magic is scary."

"Why?"

"If the person is not an experienced person, you can kill anyone without them realizing you're there."

"That's good. That way I won't have a problem killing some traitors or nobles who dare to do something I don't like."

"That's true."

"All right, I'm going now, have a good day."

"See you later."

Lara went out the window again, this time she headed toward the inn to talk to Clara. It had been many days since Lara had talked to Clara.

15