Chapter 303 – I am the happiest person in the world right now [ End ]
1.5k 1 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After getting ready and putting on her best dress, Lara took a deep breath and left her room.

On the way, the guards and the maids bowed their heads in respect to her.

Lara was far from used to this, but she didn't say anything, she just moved on, without shifting her focus.

When she reached the "entrance" door to the balcony, she found Syl standing there waiting for her.

"Are you ready?" Syl asked with a beautiful smile on her face.

"Sort of, I'm a little nervous."

"Don't worry, everything will be fine. Everyone down there is anxious, everyone is very grateful to you for stopping the war and everyone trusts you to lead them from now on."

"Who told you to say that?"

"No one."

"I see."

Lara looked at the door once more and took a deep breath.

"You can go, everyone is waiting for you. The crown is already there too."

"I don't remember seeing the crown before, what does it look like?"

"Don't worry, it's not as big and flashy a crown as in the books."

"I see. But who will crown me?"

"Under normal circumstances, your grandmother would crown you once you were old enough and mature enough to inherit the throne," Emily said.

"But she is dead."

"For that reason, you must choose someone to place the crown on your head. It doesn't matter who it is, it just has to be a person you trust."

"I see, so I guess you can do that."

"Eh? Me?!" Emily exclaimed in surprise.

"No, I'm not ready for that, I haven't even groomed myself enough."

"That doesn't matter, come on. Or don't you want to?"

"Of course, I want to, but..."

"Then let's go. You're the closest person to me since I came into this world, it wouldn't make sense to be anyone else." Lara smiled at Emily, causing her to give up.

Emily held Lara's hand and the two prepared to go to the balcony.

Then the door was opened by two guards.

Just ahead, a crowd of people, so many people were shouting and congratulating Lara that she couldn't believe it.

Every street, every building, people were shouting her name.

Lara, after taking a few steps forward together with Emily, leaned over the balcony and looked down.

In the castle yard, the maids and some guards were smiling and celebrating her coronation.

Seeing all those people congratulating her, and supporting her, was enough to make Lara let out a few tears.

"What? Are you feeling okay?" Emily asked Lara looking worried.

But she just shook her head.

"It's nothing. It's just that I never thought I would be adored by so many people."

Lara remembered the life she had before she came into this world. A lonely man, a man who brought heartbreak to his family, a man hated by his mother.

A person with no purpose in his life.

Seeing all those unknown people adoring and supporting him, was enough to make that lonely man that still existed inside Lara cry like a child.

Since she arrived in this world, her life had changed.

Many bad things had happened, she had lost important friends, but all the happiness she felt at the moment overcame all that sadness.

All her friends jumped up and down in the crowd.

The woman she loves is by her side holding her hand.

Lara wondered if a man like that deserves to have such a happy life.

'I don't know who you are, or why you brought me into this world, but I would like to thank you. I'm sure at the moment I'm the happiest person in these two worlds I've lived in.'

19