Chapter 5 – Poisoned?
10.9k 3 201
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When I woke up, I was lying in the same bed as when I woke up here.
I don't remember very well, but I only know that I fainted after eating the food delivered by the maid.
I also remember Lorane running to help me, but after that I blacked out and just woke up now.

- You woke up?

When I followed the sound of the voice, I saw Lorane sitting next to me in a chair, she was holding my hand and she had an anguished face.
How long did I stay unconscious for her to be so worried about? I really don't know, but I think it was a long time.

- How long I was unconscious?

I decided to ask. Since she was so worried I'm sure it was a long time.
But first of all, why did I faint? I don't know exactly how it happened because I wasn't feeling sick.

'Wait.'

I remember one thing before fainting. That food, it tasted weird, had something mixed in it, I'm sure of it.

'Wait a second, I was poisoned?'

But why? and by whom?
Did this girl have enemies so dangerous as to poison her? This is totally scary

- You were unconscious a whole week, Ojou-sama

She still hasn't stopped calling me Ojou-sama, but it's okay, I've already decided to ignore this kind of treatment.
But 1 week? Is this serious?
Staying unconscious for 1 week is a long time, but how was I treated? I don't remember a doctor in this house or a doctor around.

- I want you to tell me exactly what happened.

I tried to speak with an angry voice to Lorane, but since this girl's voice was extremely cute, I don't think my intimidation worked out in any way.

- All right.

But even with my cute voice, I managed to get Lorane to say everything that had happened to me, why I passed out and how I was treated.

#######

Lorane started to speak, she was a little distressed as she spoke. She started talking about the food, apparently my food was poisoned. The poison they put in was a poison that would kill me quickly, and I apparently survived by luck.

Lorane said my body had a good hold on the effect of the poison until the doctor arrived. Lorane said the doctor came from the city of Gerok.
As the housekeepers in this house were not used to such incidents, they were totally traumatized at the time.

But after they called a doctor from the capital they found the antidote and gave it to me. Now after 1 week I woke up.

'I've been through a lot, but I don't remember anything.'

This is an extremely uncomfortable thing, to suffer an accident like this and not remember anything. Well, I don't need to remember anything since Lorane is telling me everything.
But if my food was poisoned, who put the poison?

- My food was poisoned, but you don't know who poisoned my food?

I asked her, well I couldn't fault it since she didn't stay in the kitchen and help the cook, she spent most of her time with me taking care of my business.

- We don't know exactly who poisoned your food, we don't know why either, but we arrest all the maids who came in contact with Ojou-sama's food.

So they arrested all the maids who messed with my food? Isn't that too extreme?
But if that's the only way, then there's no problem.

- Lorane, starting today I want you to watch over all my meal preparations.

Lorane was the only one I trusted inside this house these days. As she seemed to be very close to this girl and also told me everything easily I think I can trust her.

- As you wish, Ojou-sama.

After she accepted my proposal, as I was still feeling tired I started to doze off on the bed, few minutes later I fell asleep.

######

When I woke up it was dark, was it night? I didn't know if it was night or if my room was fully closed.
I got out of bed and went towards the bedroom window, when I looked out, I saw a magnificent sky, it was totally starry, it was the most beautiful sky I have seen in my life.

'In my old life, I had no opportunity to see something like this.'

As in my previous life I was reclusive and just went to work, I never had a chance to see such a beautiful sky.
I kept admiring the sky for a moment, but I ended up seeing something strange.

'Wasn't that the maid who served my food? But shouldn't she be stuck? '

I saw the maid who had served my food before I was poisoned, but Lorane said all the people who came in contact with my food were arrested. I remembered her face well, but what is she doing out at this time of night, and how did she escape from the supposed prison?

I kept looking at the maid, and saw her meeting an extremely tall hooded man. Is that what I am thinking?
I'm pretty sure they're planning something against me, I have to talk to Lorane, but I don't know where Lorane's room is, this house is too big.

After continuing to look, I saw that the maid took a flask with the man and went back into the house, the man was leaving but ...

'Shit, he saw me'

The man looked at me, for a moment I felt a terrible feeling, it felt like I would be eaten alive.
I sat on the floor and hid behind the window.

This man gave me a horrible feeling, it seems that I saw death passing before my eyes, I never felt anything like that in my life.
What scheme did this girl get into? Was your life in great danger like that?
So my theory was right?

I had a theory that she died and I occupied her body, but after I saw it tonight I'm pretty sure something like this happened. I have to be very careful from now on, if I close my eyes for a moment I could end up dead.

I couldn't sleep after that, so I stayed up all night because I was totally scared because the housekeeper could somehow attack me in my sleep.

 

********************
BUY ADVANCED CHAPTERS: https://www.patreon.com/RSAWIgor
**********************

201