Chapter 13 – On the way to the city.
8.1k 12 148
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As soon as we left the house I still couldn't believe what I had seen, I had just seen the person I trusted the most cheating on me in front of my eyes.

'How was she able to trick me so well?' Lorane never showed any sign of doing this, she always treated me kindly.

Lorane is certainly a good actress, it makes me feel even more hatred for her now.
But now is not the time, we have to get to the city quickly.

"Hey, how far is from town?" I still didn't know how far it was from the city, but I hope it's not too much, because I'm not used to walking much.

Although this body is very convenient and I think I would not get tired even if I walked a whole day.

"I think if we walk we can get there in 3 days." The maid said as she continued walking in front of me.

I didn't know the way so I was letting the maid guide me there, I just need to trust her now.
She wouldn't cheat on me now, if she tries to run away from me she knows what I can do to her.

Well, I don't mind walking for 3 days straight, but if we go camping I don't know where we will be staying and of course we will also need food and drinks.

"Hey you, how are we going to eat and drink until we get there?" I asked the maid with a harsh tone.

I don't know why I'm using a harsh tone, but when I do that, people always respond quickly.

"Well, there is a river on the way to town, and if we need food there are several woods during the trip, so we can hunt wild rabbits or wild boars." The maid said and she continued walking, she seemed to know quite a bit about outdoor survival.

Well, since she said it must be all right, I don't think we will have any problems with the food and water issue, but the question of where are we going to sleep is still missing.

"And where are we going to sleep? If we go camping." I asked in a tone of doubt to the maid.

"Well, I don't think we need sleep, but if you want to sleep, we can look for a safe place in the woods or even a cave." The maid said, as she turned her face to talk to me looking into my eyes.

But the maid also said that going into caves is not a good idea, as some monsters nest in caves.

It is certainly dangerous to camp inside one cave.

We kept walking on and on, but now we weren't talking about anything, and I just kept following the maid's footsteps.

When I looked back I didn't even have a glimpse of the mansion.

#######

We have been walking for a long time.
We walked so much that the sun was already starting to rise.

The maid said we already walked 1/3 of the way, so in about 2 days walking we will reach the city.

We are currently walking on the side of the road, we have no problems with water, because on the side of the road lower in the ravine was running a large river.

The river water was so clear you could even see the fish swimming in it, sight was wonderful.

"Shall we stop for a while?" It was the maid who made the suggestion.

Well, I guess it would be okay to stop for a while because I was already getting hungry.

"Did we get something to eat around here?" I asked the maid as we sat by the side of the road.

Well, we could fish but I don't know if it's possible since we don't have any fishing rods. Across the road, on the opposite side of the river there was a big forest so we could hunt something

"We can hunt in the woods, but it may take a while, so the trip may be a little delay." She said it as I continued to look at the forest.

Well, I don't think it will make any difference if we stay a little longer here, because I hate being hungry, so that will be a good thing.

#######

After I agreed with the maid we set off for the forest.

The maid said that on the front of the forest only wild animals such as rabbits and wild boars appear.
Monsters apparently begin to appear deeper in the forest, it seems that very rarely monsters appear near roads.

We got into the florest and started hunting, well it wasn't difficult at all as we quickly spotted a wild boar.
Well, the maid couldn't hunt since I didn't give her any weapons.

Also the maid seems unable to use magic, she can only fight with her own hands, and as she had no weapons I will have to finish the boar with magic anyway.

I started to approach the boar by taking light steps.
When I reached a considerable distance I pointed my hand at the boar and began to imagine my magic.

I imagined a lot of sharp knives, but all knives were made of ice.
In the next instant 3 large pieces of pointed ice appeared in front of my hand.

Then, in the next instant, I imagined the knives flying at full speed and colliding with the boar.

"Ice." I said a random word and the ice knives flew at a huge speed toward the boar.

The knives were so fast that they went completely through the boar's body.
The only thing left was the boar's body as it fell dead and bleeding.

"It's your job now." A boar would be enough for both of us so we returned to the same place we were before.

The maid would tidy up the boar's meat, as she didn't have a knife, I created a knife made of earth.
Apparently, the knife was very tough, but it soiled the boar's flesh, so I told the housekeeper to wash the meat in the river after she finished cutting all the meat, because I wouldn't like to eat a beef with taste of earth.

After a while the maid had finished slicing all the meat, so she went to the river to wash all the meat.

'Well, I think I can leave that to her.' I just started admiring the scenery of this world and left all the work to the maid.

 

 

********************
BUY ADVANCED CHAPTERS: https://www.patreon.com/RSAWIgor
**********************

148