Chapter 40 – Escort mission?
4.7k 7 101
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After that, I kept using the hat to hide my identity and went to the guild door.
I didn't have time to do missions to raise my RANK or something, so the only thing I could do was wait for some group to come up and accept me.

It will be tough to happen, and I think no group would accept an adventurer F-RANK, right? Even after that show, I gave the first day I got here it won't do any good because now I'm in disguise and nobody knows I'm the same girl.

'Damn, this is going to be more complicated than I thought.' I wanted to go after a group of adventurous women to make it easier for them to accept me. It could be a group with some women too, and a men-only group is fucking bad.

I don't trust men. I know what men think when they are alone with a girl, no matter how old the girl is, some men always think of inappropriate things.

I will not generalize and say that all men are like that, but many men have only sex in their minds and end up doing stupid things on impulse.

I know that men in the old world hold back much because if they did something like that they would be in prison for many years, but this is all different, this is a world full of crimes and many people go unpunished for crimes they commit.

'After seeing the queen of this country, I was sure I had to get out of here.' I know she is my grandmother, but still, she is a rotten person, a person who does not deserve respect and an impulsive person who kills only for futile reasons.

Well, I should stop thinking about unnecessary things and focus on what I need to do now, I wanted to get a group today to travel soon, the longer I stay here, the more easily they will find me.

The disguise I'm in is not very good, so I better be cautious about the people I meet and also be very careful not to drop this hat.

My picture was all over the capital if I'm seen it will cause a huge commotion, so I better double my attention.

##########

I stayed at the guild door for a long time and was getting tired of watching the adventurers and trying to find some group that would possibly accept me. I'm sure no group will take me since I have a small stature and just signed up for the guild.

'The name Larissa is also ridiculous.' I chose that name because it was the closest to Lara I could think of at the moment, and now I regret it, but whatever, I'll have to keep that name for a long time from now on.

I was already so tired of waiting for some group to appear that I sat next to the guild and leaned against the wall. I kept my head down and I sitting on the floor, peoples looked from a distance must have thought that I was a homeless or something.

'I hope adventurers don't think that.' Since my clothes are a little torn, the adventurers might think so too and end up not accepting me in their group.

Well, I trust adventurers will not judge me by the look of my clothes

I had the look of a child, and it would do me a lot of harm in the continuity of my plan to go to another city. Well, there may be people who will accept me the way I am, so I can't generalize that all the adventurers will look down on me or something.

"I just hope I can find some group before dark," I said that as I lifted my head a little to look at the sky that was already getting a little dark.

But not only that I saw, I could also see a group coming towards me, are they my saviors?

#########

"Hey brat, what are you doing there?" A woman I saw coming towards me spoke firmly to me.

There were three women in this group. There was this woman who called me and two other girls, and they looked like girls who just came out of a biker gang.

They're not wearing black clothes or anything, but the way they walk and their faces look a lot like biker gangs, those people fighting for nothing in the middle of the road.

'What does she want with me?' Could she be bullying me? Or does she want me to do a dirty job for her? I hope it's nothing like that.

"I was looking for a group to join, I wanted to go on an escort mission to go to another city, but I can't accept such a mission alone." I could protect a carriage by myself, but for the guild, I was just an adventurous F-RANK, so they would never let me take on such a mission.

"Which RANK are you, girl?" The woman asked as she approached her face, and I backed away a little so she wouldn't see my face.

"I'm F-RANK. I just signed up for the guild, but I need to go to another city, so I had to take on an escort mission," I told the woman as I held my hat and lowered it to hide my face better.

"HAHAHAHA, you're an F-RANK, but you want to find some group? Forget it, you just would be able to carry luggage for the people in the group." The woman said as she laughed in my face and turned her back to leave.

But that was an idea, and I had a massive storage capacity so I could work as a girl carrying luggage so she could let me travel with them.

"I can do that, I have storage magic, and I can carry your luggage if you are traveling," I said without even thinking about the consequences of them finding out about my magic, that was the only way, so I didn't think twice about speaking.

"Don't lie, a little girl like you couldn't use such advanced magic." The woman said and then turned to leave.

"True, please, believe me, give me something I'll show you," I called the woman again so I could show her that I can use storage magic.

 

 

*********************
BUY ADVANCED CHAPTERS: https://www.patreon.com/RSAWIgor
**********************

101