Chapter 64 – Isn’t this city very different, or is it?
3.1k 1 79
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When we entered the adventurer guild we started to get glances from everywhere, and as I don't like to draw attention I was already starting to get uncomfortable, why do they always look that way to who enters the guild?

In fact, in the capital did not happen, just happened that man came to fight with me and I ended up doing that with him, I think I did not need to do that, but he deserved, he was also healed soon after, it makes no difference.

"Stay behind me." Cibely, who realized my discomfort, pulled me to her side to hide the sight of everyone in me. I don't know why they were looking at me so much.

I still have my hat on, and I don't think men here know who I am, I think the news of the execution-only happened in the capital, so why is everyone staring at me? Thinking better now makes no sense.

After walking inside the guild we finally arrived at the reception desk and up there had a sphere like the capital, so far I do not understand how the people at the gate do not use such a system, it would be safer if bandits try to enter.

"Your mission is already complete, and I'll go get the money." Cibely didn't even say about her mission, and the receptionist already recognized her and went to get her reward.

"How does she know which mission you did?" I was a little confused and wanted to find out more about these things, so I ended up asking her, I know it's annoying to be asking questions all the time, but I'm not from this world, so I don't know anything.

Cibely started to explain to me how it worked, and it seems the merchant passed here before us since he was in the carriage and said the mission was complete, and as guild receptionists know the adventurers well, she knew it was me who had completed the mission.

'Receptionists need to be competent enough to do nothing wrong.' If they do something wrong to end up harming an adventurer, and it seems that this is unforgivable, I would not want to work in a place like this.

#########

After a few minutes, the receptionist came back with a bag that seemed to be full of money, just like the capital guild the only thing that changes is the size of the building and it makes me calmer now I know here is a proper city.

There are a lot of locals, and there are a lot of shops, so I think this is a very valued city and I will have no problem living here permanently, or just living here for a while to earn some money.

"Are you sure you don't want to receive anything?" Cibely asked as she showed me the money bag. I already said that I don't want the money since I am a temporary member, and I didn't help this mission at all.

I killed the bad guys, but I think they would have been able to kill them all on their own without me, so I don't think that's great merit, so because of that, I didn't accept any rewards.

It's idiotic, and I could have made some money, but I don't think "stealing" money from people who did their work is any merit with, I will work as an adventurer and earn my own money, and I don't think I'll take long to make much money.

"No need, I just want you to take me to the inn you said before." I wanted a place to stay, of course, and I wouldn't sleep in the middle of the street as I did in the capital while hiding in that dark alley, I think I better find an inn soon.

I don't know if they will accept me since I'm in all my dirty and torn clothes, they might think I'm some homeless or something. I hope the people here are not biased.

"Alright, I think it's better to go there now since it's getting dark." Cibely wanted to show me the inn because it was already getting dark, well, and I appreciate that because I can take a shower and sleep a quiet night at night, was already tired of sleeping in a carriage despite being quite comfortable.

We started walking down Main Street, and then we turned into a street on the left side of Main Street, it was a street with less shops than Main Street, but I could see a lot of 2 and 3 story buildings.

"Here is where there are most inns, the cheapest inns of course if you want an expensive inn, you can look in the main street, but the price is very high," Cibely explained to me how prices worked here.

It is expected that the inn on the main street of the city are of higher quality and the price is very high, and the main road is where all the people and nobles pass or stay since there are so many high-quality stores, of course, it would be more expensive.

We walked down the street and we started passing many food stalls and some buildings that already looked like inns, but I wasn't sure about that.

Things are different here, in the capital there were a lot of food stalls on the main street too, but here there are food stalls just on the roads parallel to the main road, it must be difficult for them as they should sell less.

I'm not sure since people with less money stay here and may end up buying things in these stalls, if they are here it means that they make good money, let's say "Your business has not gone bankrupt" I heard that a lot when I worked at that convenience store.

After walking a little further down the street we came in front of a three-story wooden building, the smell coming out was very good and the door was made entirely of wood, it was a beautiful design.

"This is the inn," Cibely said as she opened the wooden door.

********************
BUY ADVANCED CHAPTERS: https://www.patreon.com/RSAWIgor
**********************

79