Chapter 83 – New mission.
2.6k 4 81
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the queen told him to go after Lara, he couldn't contain it and managed to find a way to go after her. He took a carriage from the castle itself to go after it. Currently, Lara was heading towards the city of Grenrok.

She left in 1 day, so she will probably arrive in Grenrok in 3 days, he wanted to get there with her or maybe a day later because if she decided to leave the city before he got there, he could lose his location.

The carriage was allowed to be used by the transport immediately, and the driver was obliged to obey his orders. He did not agree with most of the things the queen did, but he could not go against it.

He knows that if he goes against it, he will be without his head in an instant, he prefers to obey his orders blindly since it is the best thing to do.

When he knew he was going to chase a child he cared a lot about it but even, so he followed all the orders, he was seeing no reason to kill that child, he thought the queen was crazy, and this man was even more for obeying those orders.

'But quickly, we have to get there in 3 days.' The man wanted to get there as quickly as possible so that he could follow each of his steps and choose the best time to attack.

He doesn't want to attack with thousands of people looking, it wouldn't make a difference, but he still doesn't want that to happen. That girl cannot leave this city alive, and she must die in that city.

############

After a few days of traveling, he arrived in Grenrok city, he saw when the girl came, but he waited outside the town and sent the coachman back. Even if monsters ate the coachman, it would not matter.

Even crying to stay in the city, the man did not let the driver enter the town as he would get the girl's attention, the driver could do nothing but blindly obey the man's order.

Although he was crying inside he managed to hold on to his feelings, he was also holding back his sense of fear for having to travel at night without any escort, it was a mixture of emotions, but he could only obey.

The man didn't want to attract attention, so he ended up entering the gate on foot, he just killed his adventurer card and the guards at the gate let him in without any problems, he knew that the security of these cities was not very good. He also knew that the capital was the same.

This man knew everything the queen did. He even knew that all the bad things the capital and cities of this country had, but also so, he still liked to follow that queen, maybe he developed feelings for her? He often asked himself that question.

The man continued to send the girl around town over the houses. Nobody could see him because he wore a completely black cloak that covered his face, so as it was night, he was practically invisible to everyone.

He continued to follow her everywhere when she entered the inn or even when she went on her mission.

It was an excellent chance for him to attack her during her mission since she was alone and out of town, but he decided to wait a little longer, he doesn't want to kill her when she just got here, he wants to make her find that it's okay to take everything out of it later.

'These clothes look great on her.' The man thought as he watched the girl across the street.

She had just come out of a clothing store, and the clothes she was wearing now were incredible.

He started to follow the girl over the roofs of the houses, but when he reached the roof of the guild, he noticed a look coming towards him, after that he realized it was the little girl, so he ran and mixed with the people, he he was sure he had escaped her eyes.

###########

Suzan started fiddling with several documents under the counter again, it seems that there was no need to look at the mission board, she will provide me with the missions if I ask, it is a good thing indeed.

She took a crumpled paper under the counter and handed it to me, don't they take care of the essential documents here? Letting those papers crush like that is a bad thing, well, I also crumpled up the entire mission role last time.

I looked at the paper, and the mission was as follows.

***********
E-RANK Mission

Subdue 10 Wild Rabbits.

Reward: 4 Copper Coins + Payment for Materials

**********

It was not such a difficult mission as it is an E-RANK mission, it is a standard subjugation mission, the reward value is higher because of the number of rabbits since wolves are much more difficult to kill.

Suzan said that the most challenging thing about these rabbits is their speed, they have a very high agility and they keep jumping, so it is a little difficult to hit them, many low-rank adventurers cannot kill them.

I think it's an easy mission so I accepted it very quickly, I don't think I'll have a hard time fighting these rabbits since my agility is so high, maybe it's an excellent time to use a sword since spells can be more difficult to hit on them.

I'm not going to buy a sword just for that, I can create a sword with magic very quickly, so I don't see the need to spend money unnecessarily.

"I'll be back in a little while," I said goodbye to Suzan and left the guild.

So let's go to a new mission. I hope the reward will be higher than the last time because more money is the better.

81