Chapter 14
280 3 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

‘I don’t know why, but I have some sudden urge to punch someone.’

Those are my thoughts while looking at the group leader in front of us. This guy is almost bald with very short blonde hair and a face that screams ‘a spoiled brat’.

Anyway, Momonga, Albedo and I, changed our location with Gazef. And by that I mean we used the item we gave him before to exchange our locations, we appeared in the place he stood, while he teleported to where we were before the shift.

"Monsters?! Who are you?"

The leader of the group seems to be confused as to what really happened. His voice rang out, reflecting his emotion and turmoil. Other mages around him started asking him what should they do and from that, I learned his name.

The leader or Nigun ignored their questions simply commanding them to attack while examining us. I could actually see his expression slowly changing from cocky to confused, then to worried and finally into some fear while looking at me. It seems that in their eyes a spirit with visible form without the use of magic is scarier than a tall as hell lich in some luxurious robes.

Then Momonga who without care about the spells neutralized by his passive protection started talking. Of course, some of them were also cast at me, but well I didn’t bother either they were just passing straight through me.

“You have balls made of steel for standing before us and…”

And with that, I tuned him off. Like to be honest it’s kind of cringe and edgy. Momo sometimes gets into his roleplaying mode during which he starts acting like his character should and such. He said once that he played some classical tabletop rpg’s and it stuck with him afterwards.

His ‘great monologue’ was stopped by an angry succubus who went into fury for obvious reasons.

“You dare attack my lady! You mongrels!”

Her magic power started swirling around Albedo in the fury while she herself was readying for an attack that would most likely kill all of our enemies and change topography a little. Despite actually wanting her to do this I stopped her. Not for me, or the enemy but Momonga. He is pulling so much heart into this spectacle and needless drama that it would be a shame to stop him.

Albedo looked at me and started giggling while trying to do it covertly. I was confused but realised that she must have somehow deducted what I was thinking.

The only thing that I think is good about this whole situation is that… Tabula thank you for not making her into typical yandere, but the more submissive and protective type. I have no idea how I would have taken care of her if she went ballistic out of some imagined jealousy and tried to kill me or Momonga. It’s still greatly concerning how she is basically worshipping the guy inside my sword though.

 “What’s so funny Albedo?”

She stopped and got serious ready to answer me.

“Nothing important my lady. It’s just that you are so similar at times like this to the lord.”

Oh, she must be talking about him. That’s a very useful information to have.

Meanwhile, Momonga seems to have finished his dramatic speech which caused our opponents to send angels to kill him. We just stood there calmly because those monsters were very well known to us and we fought them many times before in the game. Due to that, I know that they have simply no way of even scratching any of us.

‘But I still don’t want to lose those souls.’

In theory, if Momo kills them the souls should go to the sword anyway, but I would rather not take any chances. I ran as fast as I could before the skeleton and slashed with my sword cutting those monsters into two parts. Their bodies disappeared right after that, but souls couldn’t run away.

‘This is kind of scary, to be honest. It seems to be impossible to run away while the only thing you can do is desperately try to get away without any chances of success.’

Suddenly the time stopped, literally. Nothing moves anymore, including me, yet somehow I still am fully conscious. I thought at the beginning that Momo was flexing and using time stopping spell, but I saw him frozen too.

Then out of nowhere, everything went black and I felt as if falling down. After a few seconds I stopped, but I still couldn’t see anything. Only darkness.

The only thing I know is that I am standing on some stone floor somewhere and even that I realised due to the sound of my boots hitting it.

Before I was even able to start pondering over the situation I’ve found myself in I heard a voice.

“H̵̨̧̤̤̮͖̼̺̗͛͐̈̃́̈́̆́ę̶̛̜̜͎̲̞̭̯̝͚̗̙̣̂̈́̀̿͛̑̀͠l̸̢̬̗̯͎͎̫̭̇̌̂̽̂͜l̷͔̞̟̥̱̼̟̰̭̗͈̓ǫ̸̪̼̖̯̲̤̈̃͊̀̋̈́͛͐̓͘͜ ̵͕̱͖͕̟͎̘͉̗͆͒̑͑̄̂͒́͌̆̕ţ̶͙̗̫͓̹̎̇h̴̨̛̳̯̗͕͕͉̐̀̈͂̆̌̅̏̌̉̿̀́e̵̢̼͈̎͌͂̀̒̔̋r̵̤̲̉̊̅̒̉̈́̄̍͒̒͌͜͠è̴̡͙͔͕̺̜̼͙͇̔͜.̶̪̻͔̞̇͋̈́̔͗̾͋́̊͛̈̕̕͝”

It sounded more like thousands of voices of different beings meshed up together. Like a choir of women, children, old men and more, some of them most likely are not even of human origin.

Despite everything I tried to speak, but somehow wasn’t able to utter a single word. The being most realising that talked again.

“A̴̧̨͇̝̜̮͙͆͗͜ͅh̶̨̨͂͊͗̾͆,̵̧͈͕̝̈́́̈́̑̈́̆̂͘͜ͅ ̶͇͖̺̈́̇̍͋̑͐̍̍̂̕̚w̸͛͌͜͝h̵̘̘̳̞͖͇̯̰̪͙̯͛̽a̷̺̬͓͌͜ţ̷̹̘͉̲̤̲͙̱͖̈ͅ ̷̨̘͓̻̩̫͈̤̪̖̩̖̀͜a̷̖͎̥̎̈́̆̀̅͜ ̸̪̯͔̇͛̔̒̈́̚͝s̴̡̡̯̱̬̥͕͇̬̯͍̰͛͛̾̄͒̀͑h̴̛̛̺̗̻͚̼̲̻̣͉͔̞̫̟̿́͋͒͂̕͝a̷̫͙͕̙̰̳̹̞̹̰͉͆̐̀̉͌̑̈́̎̑̆ͅm̸̹͕̘̘͒̅̓ȇ̵̳͕̬̪̥̩̟̪͙̓̐̅͑̍͒͘.̵̨̺̩̝̪͕̌̔͒͂̀̈̈́̔̀͘͝ ̸̛̫̱͚͎́̈́̎͆̍̈́̾̊͊̏̍̕İ̴̺̗̙̤̯̫̼͕̈́̏͌̇ ̴̢̥̟̯̮̗͋̇́̔̽̑̈́͝w̴̠̖͊͒̈̀̍̽͝͝͠ã̶͎̣͕̙̋̊̕͠n̴̢̪̳̳̠̅͊̄̽̀̔̍͋͝͠ͅt̷̡̡̞̺̻̭͙̖̬͒͗͆͊͗̔̈́͝ê̷̺̝͐̇͐̈́̈͛̅͛͜͝d̴͇̞̪̞̯̘͚̽̀̃͒̆͑͂͆̌͑͗̚ ̷͇͔̠̲̣̮̣̠̒͗̓̀̊̌͐͋̏̈ṭ̷̢͙̪͍̖͎͓̦̼̊͘ͅơ̷̩̖̬͚̣̬͍͕̗̙̜͇̽͋̃͘ ̵̬̾̋s̶̢̭̤͉̼͙̼̺̹̤̟͗̓͆͌̄̉̀͑͋̀̕ͅp̸̡̧̧͕̼̲͓̻̓̋͆͘e̷̻͙͙͇͐̋̿͆͌̕͜͠ą̵̨̧̪̪͓̩̬̳̮̋͜k̷̹͎̺͕̙̘͇̟̩̥͎̃̒͋̅̽͘̕͝͝ ̴̧͖̰̻̯̠̭͈͛̄̄ẅ̵̡̩̝̝̞͎̬͓̥͕̽̅̈́̉̒́̐̈̚͜ͅi̶̢̛̛̖̺̾͑͐̏̽̈́͋̌̆͜͝t̵̺͇̼̰͈̱͚̆̈́͑̅͑͂̆͂͗͌͐̕͝ͅͅh̴̛̘͛̐͑̑́̚ ̷̬̭̮̯̦̞̱̻̟̆ͅỷ̴̢̡̛͖͖̬͔̤͕͈̋̄̋̂̀̄͗̐̓̕͠ơ̵͔̪̦̗̲͖̪̔̈͛̐̋̄́̆̚ų̶̬̱̠͚̩̪͍͖̼͍̀͝ͅ ̶̪̠̓͑̔̍͐͛͌ä̷̛̛̬͕̣̣̥͙̯͖̞̤́͂̃͌͑̈̃̽ ̶̨̫̙̳͇̓̆̀̿͝ľ̷̲̩̤̜̠͙͉̲͆́̿͗ḯ̸͈̠̀͑̄͌̔̾̕̚͝t̶̢̳̫̤̘̺̫̩̎̈́̈́t̴͚̖͌̈̍̌̾̑̚l̴̬̋̕ę̵̙̘̳̫̮͕͔̹̲̭͓̅͑ ̷̨̛̛̒̿̑̓̽͗̈͌̈́͘͠b̶̹̘̩̟̲̖̦̟̈́̈́̓̀͜͝i̴͔̙͖̖̮͓̠̰͓͕͊̄͐̓̓̔̒͊͜t̸̨̨̛͕̙̬̪̞̠̻̬͉̓̾̾́̏́̎͒̒̕͘.̶͙͇͆͌͜ ̷̭͚̜̟̉͌͆̀̈́̓̄Ĩ̷̛̖͔̅̏̾͒͌͆͗̈́̃̆̕t̶͇̲̥͉͖̘̜̿̌̂̅̋̅͝ ̷̨͒̒́̐̏̄ā̶̘͎̤̬̤̺̲͓̐̆͋̔͘͘̚l̶͔͉̗̯̚s̴̨̧̞̠̹̩͙̤̙̫̣̘͔̊̊͌͝ơ̷͇̗͍̼̻̰̒͗͐̑͗͐͘̕͝ ̴̗͉͎̟̣͎̑̈̀̌̐s̸̢̜̣̭͍̍̈́̊͐e̵̱͚͇̫͚̳̣͖̞͖͐͌͋̓̏͛̿͌̕͜͝ĕ̵̢͎̮̎͋͑̆͑̌̈́̊͆̎͠ṁ̷̡̱̜̦̺̱͇̜̪͗́̋̆̒̏͘̕s̷̫̟͇̮̗͚̥̜̬͑̃̐̒̂̏̊̋̈́͗̑̕͠ ̷̨͚̯̞̺̬̠̬̝̪͇̋̍ẗ̸͙́̀̇́͆̅́͝h̵̢͚̩̜̘̥͖͙͈͉̆͗̒͆͘͘ͅͅȧ̶̼͓͕͔̾̓̑́t̸͖͕̪̹̦͖̖̾ ̶͙̭̤̗͓̑́͑̾̎͠ͅỵ̵̩͚̙̩̗̙̙̅͜͠ō̷͍͋̓̂̈́͠u̸̪̗͌ ̷̛̙͎̝̗̼͓̎͋́̈́̂͋̎̌̕͘a̷̟̩̝̰̞̓̿̽̆̿̊̔̏̈́͋͝ṛ̶̡̧̤͇̠͔͗̂̐̿̀̚ę̸͉̫͎̦̤̦́͒̅͒̅ͅ ̴̢̡̖̰̮͚̼͙͉̬̬̓̓̅̋b̶̥̃l̶͓̬͖̪͕͔͔̤̈̉̔̃̚͠i̸̟̗̻̪͊͊͗͝ņ̵̖̜̖̰̮̖̪̊d̶̘̬̘͕̱͑͛͜.̵̪̤͍̓”

The being then chuckled giving me shivers with it.

“W̷̬̹̆̑̊̿e̴̘͐ ̴̼͔̍̃n̸̙̞̐́e̵̡͓̔̓͘ͅę̶̍ḓ̸̛̛̆ ̷͍̅̃̌ț̴̱̇͜ó̷̳̻̏ ̴̪̭̉͊̋b̶͚̹͙͓̋̾͑e̵̝̍̊̕c̸̛͙̟͐́o̷̻̔̌̅̕m̸̪͈̘̓e̴̳̹̤͐̕̕͘ ̶̦̲̚c̴͔͇̜̺̀̂̑͝l̷̳̀́̇o̸̗͙͙̍̄s̷̹̞̳̦͋͗͗̿e̴͓̤͋̇̈ṛ̸͊̊́̈́ ̴̭͚̈̈͌́͜t̵͙̘̳̀̎͝ò̵̮͋̈́ ̴̮̪̩͆e̵̗͚̝̯͊͘à̵̤͚̜̲̚̕c̵̮͌h̸̙̲̖͓͑̕ ̶̩̱͂͛́͝o̸̥̎̿̒t̸̋͒ͅh̴͙̀͑̍e̵̞̓̑̇r̴̺̰͑̍̈́̂.̶̭̭̅̀̋͝ ̸̠̊͐̈́T̴̼̮͒͘h̵͉͕̣͊͒é̸̯̊̀̕n̷̦͍͒͊́̈ ̶̖̝̭̓̍̔̅y̷̖̪͗̉ȯ̸̟̟͝͠ǔ̴̫̼̌͛ ̷̤̌̐͌̕w̶̯̼̻̐̎͗͐i̶̬̩̰͔̔̅̀̄l̴̤̓̃͛l̷̞̗͈͑͜ ̷̧̝͖͔̈b̶͙̬͎̯̈̓̌ȩ̸̞̞͓̃͆͛͝ ̶̢͕̰̏̚a̴̛͓̥͆̄͠b̷̩̎͠ĺ̴͎̈́̈́̑e̶̼̊̌͝ ̵̜̿̈́͌t̴̝̻͖͂͆͌͜͠o̴̟̊̋ ̵̭͔̑̽̿͘s̸̙͇͖̠͆̌e̴̞̤͓͗e̵̪͝ ̶̢̅̎e̴͉̰̙͂v̷̤͕̘̄͒e̷̖̫͇͎͐̈͝ȓ̴̦̾y̷̤̿͠t̷͙͌̊͒ḣ̸̦͔̘̫̽i̴̧͎͑n̵̬̿ǧ̸͔͎̭.̵̰̦̲̺̓͆ ̷̪͎͖͓̓̅̾̄F̶͈̊̌͜ȏ̸̻͒͜r̴͍͆ ̷̭̠͑͊̒n̷̢̺̜͇͛͆̀ȏ̷̥̻̠͙ẘ̴͇̃̆ ̸̬͎͎̿̆͜ṫ̶̥̂͝h̵̨̙̙͛́ȅ̵̡͈̆̕͘ń̸͖̣̩͘,̵͓̫̐̀͠ ̷̤͉̂͂̔͝l̸̺͓̓̎͌e̶͕̽ţ̵̦̄͑̂̿ ̷͈͇̜̏͗̚m̸̢͇͈̅͝e̷̬͋͌̚ ̷̼̞̫̿̕t̷̹̱͙̺͐̐͘e̴͖̯̺͊l̸͈̰͊l̵͍̅ ̴̧̮̬̭̈͋̂̆ỹ̷̥̰̱͗̾̉͜o̶͇̹͆͐͌͘ͅu̵̦̗̥̇̉́ ̸͍̀̉̽̀m̷͔͓̈́͋͠y̸̖̮̻̗̅ ̵̨͚̟̋̕͘͝n̷̼̓a̶̢͚̞͔̅m̸͈̯̠̲̎̕͝e̵̬̰̅͌.̴̭̫͉́͛ Ì̴͉̯ ̶̠̇a̶̛͉̭̼̱̐͊́m̶̥̦͆̏̍̚ A̶̢̨̦̻͇̫̹̹̘͚̳̙͇̜̟͎̙̝͍̟̘̓̃͑͆̀̌̾͛̈́͑̅̉͌̃̈́̒̒̓̉͆͐͘̕͘͜͠͠ͅͅk̸̡̡̫̙͔̫̥̞̫̯̹͙̗̥̜̻̥͚͙̳̙̀̃́̄̒̎̎̅̋͐̓̀̓͂̈́̀̉̚̕͘͜͜͠͝͠͠ừ̷̢̢̢̧̡̧̪̬̤͎͈͎͈̬͓̫̝̼̥̹̗͉̱͕̰̮̦̩̯͕̪͋̎͗̾͒͐͋̾̑͘ṁ̵̧̧̛̛̯̯̟̲̜͓͙̻̖̩͙͇̦͖͗̑̄̍̀̈̋̇̈͆͆͋̾́̾̓̂̍͆́͌̀͐̿̚̚̚͠ụ̶̡̧̣̻͖̳̞̗̜͙̝̻̱̐͛́̽͂̒̾͂̀̀̿́̓̆́͑̀̂͋͗̂̍̂͂͌̾̚͠͝.̶̧̧̛̹͕̼͓̬̼̹̺̜̥̦̫̹̲̠̜͚̲̯̊̐̐̓̄̆̍̄͑̉̆́͆͂̀̂͌̅͋̔̓̀̚͘͠”

I almost didn’t hear its last word. No more like I almost didn’t understand what it said.

After that, the floor disappeared and I found myself back standing near Momonga who noticed that something wasn’t right with me.

 “Hey, What’s wrong?”

I didn’t even answer his question but held my sword above my head and shouted.

“Haunt the living, Akumu!”

11