Chapter 15
692 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After hours of sparring with many different souls in the realm, I got bored of it and decided to take a break. I don’t really need it since we are not getting tired or anything, but I felt it mentally. At some point, we even started a tournament of some sort for fun. It was a little difficult to organise it since we could not communicate with each other by normal means, but after many tries, we figured it out.

There was some influx of souls a while ago when we were at the finals which I won. Mostly because all of the souls here have no power or experience so in the end it was like an adult beating children. The whole fight made me not care much about the notifications so I decided to check them now.

+ 12 souls

 

+ 15 souls

+ 15 souls

 

+ 13 souls

 

Damn! That is a lot of souls.

I saw dozens of notifications before me. Thinking of this why didn’t those souls appear until now? I would have noticed them without a doubt.

And as always, the ever-present system responds to me with an explanation.

The souls only appear after the host dismisses the notification.

Oh, I see, so they are ‘waiting’ for me to get through all these pop-ups. It will be annoying when more will be coming in the future.

The host can dismiss all the current notifications at once by simply asking.

Thanks. Please do that.

Not even a second later all but one of them disappeared. With that countless souls appeared in a standard location, but I was shocked by their number. There were hundreds of them appearing. All of them are elves since I look elvish enough and there is no member of other races here. If I wanted more I would have to sacrifice potential gain for it, which I’m not keen on doing. With what I set in the system only ‘important’ people will not get destroyed into blank souls.

Once they stopped appearing and dispersed I decided to check my status along with the last notification.

Class [Warrior] had been maxed. Please select another class.

Oh shit! How many people have you killed woman?!

name:

Akumu

true name:

Tareal Illitris

souls:

512 (500)

class:

Warrior (50/50)

Str:

105

Vit:

155

Agl:

55

Int:

5

Wis:

5

Now, what was the increase per level? I don’t remember.

Str

Vit

Agl

Int

Wis

2

3

1

0

0

The sudden popup made it way easier and also showed me that the system can read my thoughts which means that I don’t necessarily need to talk to communicate with it.

All right, it's time to choose another class.

With that, I opened up the class selection screen and noticed that other than two tier 1 options there are tier 2 unlocked. The interesting thing is that not only ‘warrior’ type of classes, but all of them. That means that I don’t have to restrict myself.

I looked at all the classes of tier 2 and noticed that there are more of them than in tier 1. I noticed that I can see a growth in terms of stats, but not as accurately as my already maxed warrior class. It only gives me ‘high’, ‘medium’, ‘low’ or ‘none’ so it seems more like  ratio of distribution rather than numbers.

There are a few classes to choose like soldier which according to the description excels at strength and vitality while getting some into agility too. On the other hand there is also mercenary which gives balanced physical stats and more. In total there are: soldier, mercenary, thief, archer, warlock and cleric.

The last two are confusing, one is using dark magic while the other white magic. From what I see, the difference in stats is just that one has more wisdom while the other goes into int. Description says that ‘white’ and ‘black’ types of magic are a very basic categorisation. White is composed of many different specific types of magic which makes it impure and the same goes to black counterpart. So most likely next classes will have those more detailed and pure types of magic or mana to use.

System what does this symbol mean next to warlock class?

(*) symbol means that class is growth type. For example warrior class allowed host to gain the ability to use weapons that got better with each level, but once host reached max it stops getting better.

Meanwhile growth type are classes that will improve even after changing to another class. In short while host will not be getting any stats the control over dark magic and all of the subtypes of it will get better even after maxing it.

“Well, I think I know what I will choose. Give me that growth class and show me it’s stats curve.”

It’s way better for me get this type of class because most of the classes at this early tiers will mean basically nothing on the higher ones.

Str

Vit

Agl

Int

Wis

2

3

1

8

12

The disparity between this and previous tier is ridiculous. By the way what is the difference between int and wis stat?

Int – Increases amount of mana and it’s regeneration. At the same time affect mental defences of the host.

Wis – Increases the damage/effects of spells used along with the resistance and defence against magic.

name:

Akumu

true name:

Tareal Illitris

souls:

512 (580)

class:

Warlock (1/50)

Str:

107

Vit:

158

Agl:

56

Int:

13

Wis:

17

After seeing my status I noticed that the amount of souls required for each level in tier 2 is eight times of what it was in the tier 1.

Then out of nowhere a bright light surrounded my and the throne on which I was sitting. It closed my eyes in an attempt to not get blinded and after a few seconds it was gone.

A throne room appeared around me.

It honestly looks beautiful and regal. A purple carpet going from the throne to the bog double doors. Stone pillars on the sides of this carpet with some decorative engravings on them. A light source in the form of chandelier packed with candles that burn with blue flames.

While I am marvelling at all of this something happened. I felt it something is coming here.

After a few minutes of waiting I noticed what or rather who that is. Somehow she seems to be blinded here. Most likely because the connection is not really solid right now.

“Hello there”

13