106 – A Competent Maid [2]
670 7 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Hnnnghh…. Everything looks good.”

The contract was absolutely amazing. The most important part was that I could leave at any time if I provided them a notice a month in advance. I honestly couldn’t tell why a mere maid like me would get something like this.

However,

“Is there a Heat Shelter here?”

“Ohoho, there is. But you cannot use it if your master commands you to do something at that time.”

So he basically meant that I had to get rid of the Heat by any way other than waiting it out. A smile crept up my lips.

“Ah, that’s also fine. I’m sure I can get rid of it one way or another.”

“Hoho, you don’t have to worry too much. Every maids like you get mailed a list of willing male servants every month. Or if you would prefer, we also provide our female servants with this ‘Futa potion.’”

Mmm, this was definitely a seductress's dream. I mean, I was (probably) one, but I already had Nira. And doing it with other people would definitely feel weird.

“Then, I’ll look forward to working here.”

The noble shook my hand.

“Likewise. I’m sure my daughter is going to love you.”

 

Mmmh, I got one free day before I had to meet my new master. I was led to my bedroom, which was surprising.

Normally, servants would all stay in a common room, but not in this estate. Each one, except for guards, had their own room.

A tradeoff was that the rooms were very, very small. They weren’t even half as big as the cheapest inn’s rooms. 

A small bed took up one-third of the room. Another third was used as free space, and the final third had a drawer and a small wardrobe.

‘It’s not like I have much stuff with me anyways. This is perfect.’

I plopped down on the bed and rolled around a bit. And then I sat straight up and pondered.

“Should I take a tour of the estate now?”

No…. I wouldn’t be able to remember it that way. I felt like I was better off learning the layout naturally.

“Still, I have to do something.”

And that something was soon decided. I got out of my room and asked a patrolling guard where the library was.

“Huh? Why do you want to go there?”

“...Just because.”

He nodded without much difficulty. “Then follow me. It’s on my patrol route.”

I parted ways with the nice guard once I reached the double wooden doors. Pushing it open, I saw rows upon rows of books inside the room.

There was also a counter, but it was empty. It seemed like there was no librarian. 

I pressed my lips into a thin line and closed the door behind me. Despite there being no librarian, the books were properly sorted, which was extremely lucky since I could find the “On Races” section without much difficulties.

“Let’s see, I think it’s in the ‘Vulpine’ subsection.”

But however much I looked through that section, I couldn’t find the book I was looking for. Just as I was about to give up, I suddenly remembered passing by the “Mystical” subsection.

So, I went there and found the book I wanted pretty easily.

“There it is, a book on Nogitsunes….”

It was way too long overdue. I eagerly tried to find a seat, but soon found out that there was no table here except for the one at the reception. So, I sat down on the librarian’s seat and opened the book.

“Hmm….”

“Already knew.”

“Yep, been there already.”

“Huh, interesting.”

“Mmm, also know that already.”

“Uh, I can do that?”

I swished my tails in front of me and focused on them. Soon, they all faded away and made me look just like a normal girl, at least if one ignored the two fluffy ears atop my head.

Unfortunately, I couldn’t make my ears disappear.

“So that’s what the bitch was talking about when she says I’m flaunting my tails….”

The book mentioned that unless they were really confident about their abilities, a Nogitsune, or even any Mystical Foxes, would never display their true number of tails.

That was probably why so few people dared to mess with me despite me having only 3 tails. They probably thought that I was hiding more of my power.

“If only I knew about that sooner….”

But the past was the past. Never would I allow myself to experience that pain again. I needed to get stronger. Much stronge—

But then, the door to the library was slammed open. A girl probably a few years younger than me rushed in while having sweat all over her face. Her red hair was tied into a ponytail and her green eyes were bloodshot.

She constantly glanced over her shoulder as she vaulted over the counter and hid below it.

“Don’t you dare utter a word of me—!”

Before I could figure out what was happening, a bald old man burst through the door again. He scanned around the library before marching up to me.

“Hey, you! Have you seen a red-haired brat around here?”

Mmmn, this guy seemed suspicious, but he didn’t look like a bad guy. Plus, I had no obligation to lie for the sake of some brat.

“She’s hiding under the counter.”

“You fucker—”

Before the kid could finish her curse, the bald man lifted the whole counter up with his finger. He grabbed the brat by her kid and dragged her out of the library.

The brat desperately pleaded and scratched the floor in an attempt to escape from the old man.

“Master, please! I’ve had enough! No more training! No more! My limbs are about to break!”

“That’s even better. You cannot whine like this in front of the prince. Do you still wanna have a chance?”

“I do— But this is too harsh! I—”

“Complain to your father later.”

Seeing that she couldn’t escape no matter what, she instead glared at me and gnashed her teeth.

“I’LL FUCKING KILL YOU, TRAITOR! JUST YOU WAITTTTTTTTTT!!”

Even with the doors closed, I could hear the echo of her voice. I let me gaze linger on the door for a few more seconds before sighing to myself.

“Why do I feel like I just got involved in something troublesome?”

 

22