Ch 95 – Idol case
14 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

8 AM 

October 11th 

When Fushichin entered into their squad’s room Maksym was seen talking to Klancy. Fushichin nonchalantly walked and sat on his seat, he could hear Maksym’s words clearly. 

“I know the Grim reaper case is urgent. But please don’t neglect this case either. I know I’m asking your squad too much but I’m only doing this because I trust you. You guys have been performing quite admirably.” said Maksym with a smile. 

“Thanks. And no worries, we will take the case.” said Klancy. 

“I’ve sent the case files to your squad’s master file in the police central system. In short, the case revolves around the disappearance of the popular idol Nyuna during her visit to the southern district park for a concert. She was reported to be missing yesterday. Currently Squad A9 is in charge of the case, but I had already informed them that another squad will likely aid them in their investigation.” said Maksym.

“Understood.” said Klancy.

Maksym left the room. Klancy sat on his chair and opened up the file. 

“Nyuna Natashan, age 24, the leader of the idol group J-Juicy.” said Hellen as she read the file.

“How are we gonna split up then? Honestly, seems like we need more people.” said Fushichin.

“Tell me your opinion first, which case you want. I’ll just organize it so that we split evenly with equal number of smarts and brawns on each in case it's too unbalanced.” said Klancy.   

“Honestly, I don’t have much of a preference. But I’ll go with the serial killing. The culprit seems to be a really dangerous person that needs to be caught immediately.” said Galtomor.

“I’ll take on the missing idol case.” said Hellen confidently. 

“Me as well.” said Fushichin. 

“Hee, so you’re going wherever Hellen is going, interesting.” said Juniper with a playful tone.         

“Shut up. I just wanted to get the autograph of an idol after saving her, that's all.” grumbled Fushichin.

“How is that less creepy?” asked Juniper with a disgusted face. 

“I’ll choose the serial murder case then.” said Klancy.

“Oh, I think I’ll choose the idol case. Seeing corpses from serial killing cases is yucky.” complained Juniper.               

“Alright. I’ll call Joey, Nera, Rintaro.” said Klancy.

Klancy called those three on the phone and when all three of them came, Klancy explained the situation.

“So, who is gonna take which case?” asked Klancy. 

“I’ll take the serial murder case. Seems interesting.” said Rintaro. 

“Heh, then I’ll take the idol case. I’ll solve it in no time.” said Nera with a smirk. 

“Uhh, solving is for the detectives, right? We’re just there to-” said Joey

“That’s a wrong mentality Joey. Nera is right, just because you’re a cop doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t contribute to the solving. It’s because of this exact mentality that you’re still a cop.” said Klancy. 

“Right. I’m sorry. I’ll take the serial murder case with you guys.” said Joey. 

“So, since we split up into two teams, should our team investigate the crime scene?” asked Hellen. 

“Yes, go investigate the crime scene and talk to the witnesses. In fact, I’m pretty sure squad A9 is there as well. They should instruct you.” said Klancy. 

Klancy then got off his chair and said “Meanwhile our team will go to meet squad G12. They found a pattern in all the three victims up till now.”

*****

11 am 

The police car entered the parking lot of the southern park. Hellen, Fushichin, Juniper, Nera exited the car and headed towards the center of the park. 

They roamed around until they encountered a man in a police uniform. Hellen approached the man and showed him her badge. 

“We’re here to investigate the case of the missing idol Nyuna. Where is squad A9 leader?” said Hellen. 

“Uhh, yes. Follow me.” said the police officer. They walked and entered a three story building that had the label “staff only” on the door. 

When they opened and entered they were greeted with a bunch of workers and police officers at the main hall. 

“Oh, a police uniform. Which squad are you?” asked a woman as soon as she saw Nera.

She had long silver hair, dark dress and a scar on her right cheek which was likely caused by a knife. 

“Squad K3. Klancy and some others are investigating a different case. The four of us were assigned to work with squad A9.” said Hellen. 

“Hmm, yes. My name is Levia Runescale. I’m the head detective of Squad A9. Pleased to meet you.” said Levia as she extended her hand. 

“Hellen Howard. From Squad K3” said Hellen and the two of them shook hands. 

“We were just here taking the alibis and testimony of the workforce here.” said Levia with a smirk. 

“Great. Can we see it?” asked Juniper. 

“We’ll send you the records of the discussion we had with the suspects to your truth file.” said Levia. 

Levia waved with her arm and the man with sharp eyes who wore a suit behind her typed on his phone. Fushichin opened up his phone to see that the witness testimonies were added to his truth files. 

“The victim Nyuna Natashan disappeared inside the haunted maze at 11 am yesterday after visiting it with her team members. Her concert was supposed to start at 13 pm. According to her teammates Nyuna was eager to play at the park and sight see as much as she loved to perform at the concert. We got their testimony through the phone. I won’t say anything else, it's a waste of time. Check it yourself from the recording we sent you and try to catch up.” said Levia.

“Right.” said Juniper.

“What are you doing now?” asked Fushichin. 

“Talking to the workers here. The guards, the clowns, the staff of the park all stay here to change clothes and dine.” said Levia. 

“Let’s hear their words as well then.” said Hellen. 

Levia turned around to face a man with big brows and a mustache.”

“You said you were the entrance guard, Reji Holmert, am I right? Give us the footage of entrance.” said Levia.

“Ahh, yes. Not sure if it would do you any good tho” said the man and turned on his PC. After typing a few keys on the keyboard, the guard showed them the security footage of the entrance. 

The park opened at 7 AM. A few people entered the park afterwards.

“Let me fast forward towards something more interesting” said Reji. 

He fast forwarded a bit and at 9 am bunch of young women ran towards the entrance while playfully teasing one another. One of the women was definitely Nyuna. 

“There she is.” said Hellen.

“Looks like it's her entire idol group.” said Fushichin.  

“I’m gonna fast forward a bit.” said Reji. 

He did just do that and at 15 pm the police officers came in through the entrance into the park.

At 16 pm the detectives arrived at the scene. Of course, in between the police coming and then the detectives arriving, there were many people entering and exiting the park. 

The park was closed at 21 pm after everyone inside exited.

“That’s about it. I checked it yesterday and I can tell you that around 5000 people entered the park that day.” said Reji. 

“Damn, that’s a lot.” said Fushichin. 

“Heh, it's still possible to find the culprit within them. Hey, didn’t Levia say that the victim was grabbed in the haunted mansion at 11 am? How about you tell us how many people entered the park between 7 to 11?” asked Nera with a grin. 

“Hmm, let me get my notebook. I actually have a record here.” said Reji as he went over to his bag and searched it. 

0