Ch 96 – Threat over truth
15 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“I’m glad that Reji the guard was adamant about finding the culprit. But there is every chance that the culprit climbed over the wall of the park and entered that way, right? The park is too long and ginormous, there is no way to safely guard all of it.” said Galtomor. 

“Yes. But I imagine exiting could prove to be somewhat difficult. If the culprit was alone, they would have a difficult time moving the body over the wall.” said Levia. 

“Reji, please, if you wouldn’t mind could you also spot people who exited the park with a large luggage? A luggage that can contain the victim.” said Hellen.

“Roger that.” said Reji and started typing on the pc. 

“Hey, I have a better idea, do you have the footage for the security camera of the haunted cave? Couldn’t we just deduce who could have been the culprit from there?” asked Fushichin. 

“Ahh, unfortunately the haunted cave has the main gimmick of having 4 different entrances and exits. There are two cameras that can see two of the entrances but the other two are not accounted for.” said Reji. 

“Darn. I guess we have to rely on witness testimony when it comes to that huh.” said Galtomor.

“Let’s look at the footage regardless.” said Hellen. 

“Honestly, I think we need all the footages. Seriously give us all of them!” yelled Nera. 

“You’re being greedy, kid. There are tons of footages. Footages of the stage, footages of the bathrooms, the footage of this building. You don’t need to watch all of it, just a waste of time. But the haunted cave footage can be important. Fortunately, I already looked at the haunted cave footage already, the victim definitely entered the cave using the front entrance.” said Levia.

Reji finished scouring through the entrance footage and showed them a few instances. There was actually five in total. 

One instance of a large man carrying a gigantic backpack and exiting at 12 pm. One instance of a family of 3 where the husband was carrying a large luggage with wheels at 12 while the wife and a small kid followed him. Another instance was with a man struggling to carry his large backpack and exiting at 13. Two women chatting while carrying a large luggage with wheels at 14. A thin man carrying a large box in front of himself with both hands that had the text “donation” strapped onto it at 16. 

“These are the only things I could think of that could be considered to be how the victim was carried. If she ever was.” said Reji.

“It couldn’t be the guy with the family, could it?” pondered Hellen. 

“Hey, maybe the kid is a dwarf and its three people working together. Or maybe the husband actually tricked the wife and kid and they are unaware of the father’s actions” said Fushichin with a smirk.  

“Well, one thing is certain. I don’t think the donation box carrying guy is actually carrying the body. Seriously, that guy doesn’t look that strong and while the box seems big, it seems pretty light.” said Galtomor. 

“Pfff, if it were me, I could carry a guy or two inside a box like that with ease.” whined Nera. 

“Do you want to be suspected as a kidnapper?” grumbled Hellen. 

“We’ll need to find these people so I’ll take pictures of these people and search their phone and address on the top info tech later.” said Galtomor.

“Alright. Hey, you guys said you had footage of the haunted cave, right? I wanna see it.” said Hellen. 

“Roger that.” said Reji as he typed on the pc and showed them the screen.

He opened up two camera screens.

“One side is for the left entrance of the haunted cave, the other is the front entrance of the haunted cave.” said Reji.

They watched the front entrance footage. Certain people entered and exited the haunted cave. But more importantly at 11:10 am Nyuna with two young women entered the haunted cave through the front entrance.

“That’s the missing idol Nyuna as well as her friends, Shira and Nami.” said the sharp eyed man who seemed to be a detective like them. 

“Oh, my name is Prerael, if you’re curious.” said the man as he waved his hand. 

The detectives looked at Prerael and focused their attention back to the video after that awkward introduction.   

Following after Nyuna’s group, 5 other people slowly trailed after her. One woman with curly hair, one man with black glasses, one brown hoodied burly man who covered his face, One woman with long black hair and coat, another man with a blue hoodie who wore a big mask one after another between 11:10 to 11:30. 

But starting at 11:40 something strange was seen on the left entrance footage. Start counting from 11:00 and about 20 people entered the haunted cave through that entrance. And at 11:40 Succi, Hori and Mew were seen entering the haunted cave.

“Wait, what the, that’s!” gasped Juniper. 

“What?” pondered Nera.

Hellen’s eyes were wide, her jaw dropped. Tension filled Fushichin’s body. 

“What the, why are they here?! And Hori, she is-“ started Juniper but Hellen quickly struck Juniper in the ribs. 

“Ouch! What-“ started Juniper but Hellen hugged Juniper tight. 

“You silly goober. I almost forgot. I had a present ready for you. Hey, come on, let’s go out. Fushichin you too.” said Hellen. 

She quickly grabbed Juniper’s sleeve and pulled her out with a happy smile on her face. 

“Hey, what are you-“ mumbled Juniper. 

“I’m gonna show it to you. It’s a surprise.” said Hellen. 

“What about me?” asked Nera with confusion. 

“Look at the footage for us. We just remembered something really important.” said Fushichin with a smirk. 

They exited the building.

“Hey, let me go! You’re pulling my sleeve, it's gonna tear.” grunted Juniper. 

Hellen eyed her surroundings. Someplace people can’t see them. Some place with no cameras. 

And finally, there it was, a small area with bushes and trees covering the view. A perfect place for what she was about to do. 

Hellen dragged the unwilling Juniper forward, looking at the small covered place Juniper struggled but Fushichin grabbed her from behind and put his hand on her mouth. Juniper squirmed in fear and struggled but Hellen and Fushichin forcefully dragged her and threw her inside the trees. Juniper stumbled and fell on her knees, she turned around with frown and anger. 

“Why is Hori free? She is supposed to be in prison? No, she is supposed to be dead.” said Juniper. 

“That’s none of your concern. Don’t be afraid. I just dragged you here to tell you that you shouldn’t be concerned. You should shut up about what you saw and pretend that you don’t know who Hori is or the Sushihara household.” said Hellen. 

Juniper frowned at her with disgust and said “Or what?” 

Hellen pulled out her gun and pointed at her “Or this!” said Hellen. 

Fushichin’s eyes widened. 

“Hey, you can’t be serious!” started Fushichin. 

“Why are you acting so surprised, Fushichin. You know how much risk I took for them.” said Hellen with a mischievous smile. 

“Why are you obsessed with that criminal? What did you do? What miracle did you pull off that Hori was seen there?” asked Juniper. 

“I’m telling you, it's not your business. The only thing I want to hear is your promise that you will never, ever talk about what you saw regarding the Sushihara household. You don’t recognize the people seen in that footage and that’s it! Nothing more, nothing less. If you do anything suspicious, so as to tell what you saw to Klancy or the other detectives, I will make sure to put a bullet in your head before I die, got it?” yelled Hellen. 

Juniper panted with fear. Soon, tears started rolling down her eyes and she fell on her knees. 

“Why…why are you acting like this? I thought you were a detective…I trusted you.” said Juniper. 

Hellen sighed and put her gun back, she went over to Juniper, sat down and hugged her. 

0