Ch 89 – The Grimm Reaper
21 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

October 10th 

The door opened and Hellen walked into the detective’s hall. Galtomor, Juniper, eyed her with most curiosity while Fushichin smirked as soon as he saw her.

“Hey, I’m back. Or did I get fired?” asked Hellen with a careless tone.

Klancy looked at Hellen ever so observing.

“No. Welcome back. But I would like to get to the chase. I’ve been meaning to ask you about what happened that night. Naran and Betty told us they encountered the layer of an underground criminal organization. They led us to that place and as we entered we found dozens of dead bodies. Within those bodies include Kyong's, Dimitiri’s and Hui Ying’s. We asked those two what had happened and they told us that they came to help when Kyong sent an emergency SOS of the exact location. They shot the armed guards there in order to defend themselves. Some of the men in their squad also died in that encounter.”

“Yeah. That seems to be right. What do you want to ask?” asked Hellen cluelessly.

“Why did you go there? Was it Kyong’s idea? I doubt it. You were so adamant about following your own justice, so I bet that it’s the other way around. But I highly doubt you went there just to spill blood. We interrogated the commanders Naran and Betty brought. And they were pretty confident that there were bunch of inmates present inside the cells of the facility. According to them those inmates had their deaths faked and were brought there for an experiment to give birth to super soldiers.” said Klancy.

“I heard about the super soldier plan. But when we checked the place, we didn’t find any inmates. They were lying about keeping them there.” said Hellen casually.

“Bullshit. You and Fushichin are lying. No, Naran, Casey and Betty are in on it too, I bet.” said Klancy with a frown.

“Hey, quit being so suspicious grandpa. Are you believing in vile criminal commanders instead of your own teammates? How are we ever going to work together if we’re like this?” asked Hellen with a bit of a sarcastic jab.

“Don’t mess with me Hellen. I too fight for my own justice. And I wouldn’t want hideous criminals to hide in society and cause havoc.” said Klancy with a frown as he slapped the desk in front of him.

“You’re just a slave of your own hysteric mind. I didn’t hide any criminals and I certainly don’t think the public is in any danger” said Hellen with a scoff.

She technically told the truth. To Hellen, she just saved the lives of regular, innocent people. Some with wicked desires and wounded hearts. But everyone had their flaws, that had to be accepted.

“Fine. If you wanna play that way, sure. But I will promise you this, I am going to find the criminals that you’re hiding and I am going to put them back where they belong.” grunted Klancy.

Hellen rolled her eyes with irritation and yelled “I didn’t come here to listen to your petty temper tantrum. I’m here to solve more cases and help people.”

“Fine. It’s good that you came back. Cause I was really contemplating on firing you from our squad or at least demoting you back into a cop. If you’re done licking your wound, I suggest you look into the new case we’ve just recently received.” said Klancy.

“Is it investigating the silver coins that got snatched from a politician’s wallet? We’ve been stooping quite low with the past few cases.” hissed Hellen with a smirk.

“No, it’s the recent serial killings that targeted middle-aged men known as the Grim reaper killings. Originally Squad G12 was working on this. But they’ve proven themselves to be somewhat incompetent so our squad is in charge whilst working with them on the case. Currently the third body showed up.” said Klancy.

“Huh, interesting. It’s been a while since I’ve solved a serial killing case. This should be fun!” said Fushichin with a wide smile and a thumbs up.

“Just don’t start sympathizing with the serial killer and crying all over the place.” said Galtomor sarcastically.

Klancy got up from his chair.

“We’ve got a call from squad G12. The body is located at the historical museum of this district.” said Klancy.

“Dang. That’s quite the place to pick. Museums sure are creepy, fitting to be a serial killing location.” said Fushichin with a grin.

“Well, they have to kill someplace. And museums aren’t creepy!” said Juniper and shook her head.           

The detectives exited the station and went into Klancy’s car.

“The car sure does feel spacious without that bastard Salim.” grumbled Galtomor.

“Hui Ying would have been a great detective. No, she already was.” said Hellen as she looked down.

They went fast. The car arrived in front of the museum and stopped. Outside of the museum were policemen. Exiting the car with determination, Klancy walked up to the policemen and showed them his badge.

“My name is Detective Klancy. I’m the head detective of Squad K3.” explained Klancy with a stern look.

The two policemen let them in. When the five of them entered, a cop was quick to notice him.

“Ahh, you’re detective Klancy, right? My name is Jesslin Hoema, pleased to meet you.” said the cop with a wide smile.

“Nice to meet you too. Where is the body?” asked Klancy.

“Quite to the point ehh, follow me, sir.” said Jesslin with a smile.

Guided by Jesslin they walked through the hallways and quickly arrived in front of the body.

The body was facing up, blood had spilt out of the man’s throat and created a small pool of blood around the floor of that area.  

“His name is Doltey Kininav. Worked as an accountant at a flour company. Had a hobby of sightseeing the various artifacts and paintings in museums.” said Jesslin.

“Yeah, poor fucker had his throat cut off. Most likely by the sickle we found.” grumbled a man with fancy cyan hair that was gelled up.

He pointed at the corner of the armed mannequin front of them that was inside a glass. If you look carefully, a sickle was placed next to the glass that had blood on it.   

“Are you, a detective assigned to the case?” asked Juniper.

“I’m head detective Yung.” said the cyan haired man.

“Wow, how old are you? You’re pretty young for a head detective.” said Fushichin.

“Heh, jealous? I’m thirty seven. It’s been two years since I became a head detective.” said the man with a grin.

Fushichin’s face became dubious. He jumped happily and with a face akin to that of a kid’s he yelled “That’s awesome! Maybe I should try to become a head detective too. Don’t have to follow orders from this old geezer here!”

“Pff, it’s not like you people follow my orders anyway. You’re just gonna piss off and do your own idealistic, pretentious nonsense and call that your justice” mumbled Klancy as he looked away with scorn.

“Ohh, haha. Bit of a bad blood going on, I see. Hope that won’t hinder your support for our case” said Yung with a friendly smile.

“Don’t you worry about us. From the sounds of it, your team had quite a trouble solving these serial killings.” said Galtomor.

“Hey, we just kind of slowed down, that’s all. And new bodies keep dropping before we connect the dots. Give us a break!” said Yung with a laugh.

Klancy put his briefcase on the ground and pulled out gloves from it and went to inspect the body. He inspected the cut which didn’t have much out of the ordinary. Klancy also found a cartoon skull shaped pendant. He turned it around to see that the words “I’m coming for you!” have been printed out with a creepy font.   

“Oh, I almost forgot. The autopsy report came in. The victim, Doltey died between 11:30 pm to 12:30 pm.” said Yung.

“Hmm, right now it is 17 pm.” said Juniper musingly.   

“The sickle over there, which is likely the murder weapon, didn't have any fingerprints on it. Culprit must have used a glove” said Yung as he pointed towards the sickle at the corner of the room.    

“Who discovered the body?” asked Hellen.

“A person by the name of Viva Prune. She introduced herself as a waitress at a dining place called Halovely. According to her, Viva was just examining the various artifacts in the museum. When she was done. She reached the end of the hallway where the final antique was and on her way to return to the main hall she found the body.” said Doltey.

“Can I see the map of this place?” mumbled Fushichin.

“Ahh, I actually did not make a map. Is that necessary?” said Yung as he scratched the back of his head.  

“It is quite necessary. You can find many small things from a map.” said Klancy.

“Ahh, well. Maybe the guard has a map or something.” grumbled Yung.

“Anything else you want to tell us? Something mistakenly omitted?” asked Fushichin demandingly.

“Oh, yeah. I forgot. I guess this case is a locked room mystery? We have a limited number of suspects. The door to the display hallway was locked with a key.” said Yung.

“Now you tell us. How was the locked room made?” asked Galtomor.

“Well, maybe it’s better to talk to the suspects themselves. This is a pretty open and shut case. We have 5 suspects who could have made the locked room.” said Yung.

“Right. We’ll go interrogate them. But before that, we should investigate the body more thoroughly.” said Klancy.

They checked the clothes of the victim to find keys, a golden necklace and his wallet full of thousands of dollars.

“I guess the motive isn’t robbery.” said Fushichin.     

0