Ch 90 – Alibi of 5
26 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“If you’ve already taken pictures and videos of the crime scene, I am going to flip the body.” said Klancy.      

“Right” said Yung.

Klancy Fushichin and Galtomor put their hands under the corpse and carefully flipped the body. There wasn’t much to note except for the stab wound on the back of the victim.

“Ho, wait, that’s new!” said Yung.

“Then take a picture of it.” said Galtomor.       

While the picture was being taken Hellen went to the corner of the room and grabbed the sickle with a gloved hand. The tip of the sickle was bloodied. 

“Hmm, maybe Juniper and Galtomor, why don’t you two go and grab a picture of the map as well as question the guard. We’ll talk to the suspects in the mean time.” said Klancy.

“On it.” said Galtomor and the two of them went away.

Klancy, Fushichin and Hellen walked along the hallway led by Yung until they arrived in front of a room that said “staff only.”

Yung opened the door, the detectives entered to be greeted with a loud room. A long sofa was placed in the room. On it sat four different people, 2 men and 2 women. There was another lady in a suit sitting behind the large wooden table. And in front of them a man with fancy white hair danced around.    

“I know you had executed these gruel mischiefs. Simply spill the truth at once, missy. Or do you want to be tortured and reviled in the painful ways of the olden times?” boomed the mustached man’s voice with great enthusiasm.

“What is going on?” asked Hellen with a frown.

“I…Schreuder von Keilart am investigating this incident with my bright eyes and brain. What do you think? Now, miss Viva Prune, prepared to take on full responsibility for your monstrous actions?” said the man with a fancy costume, white tidy long hair and extremely long mustache.

“What are you saying? I didn’t do it! And I know my rights. You can’t touch me or you’re going to jail yourself.” said Viva.

“Pah, you underestimate my resolve for justice, ma’am. I am the seeker of truth, a sentience gifted by the gods. For I shall vow to shed light within this vortex of lies!” said Schreuder as he danced around the room.      

Fushichin pulled from the man’s hair and it came off, revealing a dark curly hair.

“Hey, return my honor at once, good sir!” said Schreuder fiercely and grabbed the wig back.

“What is this clown show? I thought this is the place where the suspects are being held.” said Klancy.

“Why yes, it is. And I, Schreuder von Keilart, am a detective aiming to solve this mystery.” said Schreuder and pointed up with his finger for dramatic effect.

“You, a detective?” said Fushichin with doubt.

“If you’re a detective, stop harassing the suspects. You’re making these people feel frightened.” said Hellen.

“Yeah. I keep telling him, but he won’t listen. Sorry boss.” said a man with messy hair who revealed himself from behind the cabinet.

“These three are the detectives from squad K3 who are here to help us. There are two more who are talking to the guard. And allow me to introduce the detectives in my squad. The man with the fancy wig is Shaun Lowen.” said Yung.

“It is Schreuder von Keilart!” yelled the man as he put his wig back on.

“Liu Min” said Yung, eyeing the messy haired man in which Liu raised his hand in silence.

“There is one other person. A woman.” said Yung.

Suddenly a woman rushed into the room from the other side of the door.

“Sorry, I was in the bathroom. My stomach is not feeling well.” said the lady with a ponytail with a pained look. 

“Ahh yeah. Janet Willmer.” said Yung with a happy smile.

The woman raised her arm with a sigh.

“And these people are?” asked Klancy as he eyed the suspects.

“Dorj Davaasuren.” said a man with a mustache and a brown face.

“Viva Prune.” said the woman who seemed angry from Shaun’s verbal assaults.

“Gabriel Folmes” said a lady with sunglasses with an irritated tone.  

“Brad Bolvin.” said a man with muscles and a calm look.

“I’m Joyce Kluni. The manager of this museum” said a woman sitting behind the desk.

The four suspects on the couch looked around the detectives.

“We need to start listening to your alibis. Should we move these people to different rooms?” asked Fushichin.

“Why would you do that? And we already got their alibis. You have the footage, right Janet?” asked Yung brightly.  

“Yes, I do. Here it is.” said Janet as she dug her pocket, brought out her phone and played the footage. It was the footage of five of these people in this exact location giving their alibis to the cops.

“Okay, that will do I guess.” grumbled Klancy.

“I don’t wanna tire myself out by stating everything again. So, I suggest you people take a good look and listen to that video carefully.” said Gabriel as she waved her long brown hair sideways as she pulled out her phone and started tapping on it.

“Guess we don’t have much of a choice other than to watch this video huh.” said Fushichin with a bit of disappointment.

The detectives found a seat outside and started watching the video together.

Yung’s voice boomed throughout the video.

“Alright. We have gathered the five of you here. You know what you’re suspected of, right?” asked Yung.

“Yes, of course.” said Joyce in a calm manner.

“Right. According to the autopsy the victim died around 12 pm. Could be 11:30 or maybe 12:30. It’s between these times. Now, could you all tell me what exactly you were doing between 11:30 to 12:30?” asked Yung.

“Ughhhh, do I look like someone who is time conscious to you? How would I know? And museums are a place where you engulf yourself in the mysterious atmosphere of the attractions. I wasn’t paying much mind to other people’s actions, if you ask me. I was simply viewing the mysterious antiques, the fine dresses and costumes.” grumbled Gabriel as she waved her head with irritation.

“Umm, I did meet with you briefly and stood next to you. You were at the final antique section, if I’m correct?” asked Viva with concern.

Gabriel put a finger on her cheek and said “Oh yeah yeah. I remember. Sorry, but you didn’t make much of an impression on me so I didn’t remember.”

“If I remember right, you and I met at around 12:30.” said Viva.

“Is that true, miss Gabriel?” asked Yung.

“Hmm, dunno. Didn’t look at the time, so can’t tell.” said Gabriel with a sassy tone.

“Right. This is gonna be one hell of drag, ain’t it?” said Liu in a defeated voice.

“Alright, how about you Dorj, what were you doing at 12?” asked Yung.

“Hmm, probably was in the bathroom at around 12:00, I would say. I was definitely viewing the weapons section afterwards until 12:30.” said Dorj as he mused and rubbed his beard.

“Okay, how about you? Brad?” asked Janet.

“I was sitting in the statue hallway. I was talking to a friend of mine on the phone. I remember looking at the time on my phone and it was very clearly 12:05 when I finished talking.” said Brad calmly.

“And what did you do afterwards?” asked Janet.

“Oh, I went to the painting section and stayed there.” said Brad.    

“And Joyce?” asked Liu.

“I was in my room. The electricity was out. So, I couldn’t access my pc. So, I just…read the pamphlets of our museum and a book I brought to work in my room from 11:30 to 12:30.” said Joyce.

“Oh yeah. You mentioned that the lights were out. It is still out, is it not?” said Yung.

“Yes, which is why we don’t have the security footage of the cameras during the time of the murder. If we had I would give it to the police without question.” said Joyce.               

“Bah, none of you have solid alibis, do you not? Pah, it appears that we must trace the movements of the killer and pressure them with inquiries to unleash the truth. Viva Prune, did you not find the body?” asked Schreuder with a viscous smile and stature.  

“Y-yes.”

“When exactly?”

0