Chapter 56. Jeffrey’s Demise
784 12 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jeffrey’s figure constantly deformed and reshaped itself, its face contorting in agony as it twisted about. The man grew taller by the second until he was three meters tall. His skin became leathery like bark from an old tree; his eyes were sunken black pits that seemed to stare at Aurora with hatred for all time.

"Girl, if you can push me to this point, I admit that you have some skills, but then it's your time to die." He clenched his fists and rushed towards Aurora like a raging bull.

"That's not necessarily true." Aurora smiled contemptuously as her body slowly emitted a pale golden light, and the fire attribute in her body is being transformed rapidly.

[Elemental transformation has been completed—transformed into light element]

A golden magic circle suddenly appeared under her feet.

"Cure!"

When Jeffrey's fist was about to hit Aurora’s body, a brilliant holy light fell from the sky right above them, engulfing area three meters wide with them as the centre. Touched by the holy light, Jeffrey’s skin melt and burnt like it was splashed with sulfuric acid, black smoke evaporating from within.

“Aaargh!!”

He shrieked in despair and back away almost immediately, his eyes watching Aurora in fear as she was squinting her eyes in delight basked with holy light. ‘Didn’t she use fire elements before? Why did it suddenly change to a light element?!’

Jeffrey felt a lot of resentment in his heart. Had he known that his enemy could use light element as well, he would never undergone this transformation. Light element was simply his nemesis! Although the skill he used provided him with strength and defence boost as well as heighten resistance of some elements, but after using this skill, he would be very vulnerable against Light element.

He thought that as long as the priest was blocked by his black snake and couldn’t offer assistance to Aurora, he could easily handle the girl after transformation. Who knew that he actually made a bride dress for enemy.

A terrible idea suddenly surfaced in Jeffrey's heart. Could all of this actually arranged by her since beginning?

If it was as he had imagined, then the woman in front of him was really terrifying... For the sake of the Temple and himself, she had to be killed here today. The temple must not allow any variable that could destroy the entire plan!

Thinking of this, Jeffrey's eyes became more determined.

The instructions of the temple are above all else!

With a roar, he sprinted at high speed like a leopard preying, jumped up and clasped his fists with both hands before approaching the range of the holy light group, and slammed towards Aurora fiercely.

"Crack!"

While it was still going on, the holy light group healing magic circle shook for a while, and Jeffrey hammered a hole forcibly and rushed in.

The moment he broke in and came into contact with the holy light, a lot of black smoke rose from Jeffrey's skin. He gritted his teeth, resisted the severe pain and punched Aurora.

Aurora parried it, her blade slicing through his knuckles before the blow could land on her face or neck. To her surprise, instead of cutting his skin, a clanking sound of clashing metals produced by the collision.

Clank! Clank! Clank!

Jeffrey was unfazed and released few more punches, each stronger than latter. Each time she blocked them with ease without even leaving any scratch marks but then he punched again in quick succession like an avalanche; one after another, until they were all connected together into a single solid hit that made her feel numbness running down from her head towards her toes.

"Get out!" Jeffrey knocked Aurora off the holy light with a heavy punch.

Her body felt heavy, drained out completely and yet somehow still able to fight back when Jeffrey attacked once more this time using both hands at full force.

The moment she realized what was happening, Aurora quickly retreated from the attack and swung her own blade at him in retaliation while chanting for holy power to strengthen her attacks. As long as Jeffrey continued to attack her with reckless abandon, she was confident that she could deliver the final blow when the opportunity came.

Facing Aurora’s counter attack, Jeffrey simply grasped the blade with his bare hand, and in an instant, a lot of black smoke burst out from his palm, and the flesh and blood on his hand were quickly corroded, revealing the white hand bones below. The severe pain made his pupil trembled, but even so, his other hand didn’t waver and unleashed a big punch right at Aurora’s gut.

"puff!"

A mouthful of blood spurted Aurora backwards for seven or eight meters, and when she landed on the ground, she rolled several times before stopping and fall onto the ground where she lay there helplessly gasping for breath. Her vision blurred as if someone had just poured hot water over her eyes.

"Master!"

"Captain!"

Caila and Claudia, who were still resisting the attack of the black snake, couldn't help shouting when they saw Aurora being punched flying. Flamme gave up the fight with Olsen when she heard the movement behind her and rushed to Aurora immediately.

"Master, are you okay?" Flamme helped Aurora up and asked, although she was still as expressionless as ever, but she could hear a trace of worry and anxiety in the abyssal girl’s words.

Aurora shook her head and said that he was fine, and the fierce fighting in the field did not allow him any time to breathe. Before she forcibly suppressed the surging blood in her chest, Jeffrey had already rushed to her side.

Flamme drew her sword and slashed at Jeffrey, trying to buy time for Aurora.

The sword in her hand ignited a raging fire and kept attacking Jeffrey. Every time she swung the sword, the fire on her body would sweep over him.

"You can’t block my way! Scram!!" Jeffrey was not afraid of Flamme' attack at all. He reached out to pat the fire on his body and kicked her out heavily.

"Flamme!"

Seeing this situation, Aurora quickly caught Flamme and stepped back a few steps. At this time, a holy light fell from the sky on the two of them, treating their injuries.

"Cure!"

Claudia, who finally freed her hand, provided healing for the two of them immediately.

"I can't help it, nyaa! How dare you hurt the master and Sister Flamme!"

Seeing that the two were injured one after another, Caila couldn't bear it anymore. The next second, her body slowly emitted a light green light and charged forward with one stride. The sword in her hand killed all the surrounding black snakes at the same time.

As her speed increased, she quickly rushed to Jeffrey's side. The spirit sword in her hand quickly attacked Jeffrey in front of her, but it seemed that no matter how she attacked, she could only leave a faint white mark on his body.

"Are you tickling me, kitty?" Jeffrey sneered, letting Caila swing at him and turn around, ready to punch Aurora's head open.

"Light elemental enchantment!"

At this moment, Claudia swung her staff, and Caila’s sword emitted a pale golden light, piercing into Jeffrey’s hard skin as easy as slicing butter with hot knife.

"Ah! Damn it!"

Jeffrey trembled, and his hands stretched backward, trying to tear Caila off behind him. But, no matter how Jeffrey struggled, the beastkin girl could easily avoid it and stab a few more times.

"No! It can't be like this!"

Seeing that he couldn’t do anything to the other party, Jeffrey made a decisive decision and pressed his back to the ground. Caila kicked his back leg and immediately dodged.

"Spirit Fang—Meteor Thorn!" Caila pulled out the light pink spirit sword behind her waist, and a trace of red light flashed in her emerald eyes.

Just in an instant, the pale pink spirit sword emitted a crimson aura, as if the whole sword was stained with blood, she held the sword and fell down at an extremely fast speed, piercing Jeffrey's heart fiercely under everyone's astonished eyes.

"Ahh! No! The instruction from the Temple hasn’t yet completed… I… I can't fall down yet!" Jeffrey wanted to reach out and grab the spirit sword on his chest, but at this moment, Caila pressed the sword again, drilling deeper inside him.

"Go to hell! You bad guy nyaa!" Caila yelled, and the spirit sword in her hand turned sharply. Jeffrey, who was about to struggle, was shocked and then his hands went limp. His eyes before dying revealed unwillingness.

"Spirit Fang..." Aurora instantly recognized Caila's identity.

In the south of the current continent, there was another continent where a kingdom ruled by a powerful assassin family, the Sylphy family. They have extremely powerful assassination skills and killed many demon leaders in the God and Demon Holy War, providing a lot of help for this battle.

Their family’s signature weapon was a twin sword and their killer move called Spirit Fang, the one that Caila just used. Under normal circumstances, the sword behind them will not be easily unsheathed. They will basically not use this sword unless it is a one-hit kill.

"Huha~huha~"

After confirming that Jeffrey was dead, Caila breathed a sigh of relief, and just when she was about to stand up, she felt dizzy and fell to the ground beside her.

"Caila!" Claudia hurried up and helped her to Aurora's side. After a brief inspection, she found that she was just unconscious due to exhaustion.

And shortly after Jeffrey's death, Olsen's potion was almost over. He kneel on the ground, leaning to the giant axe so that his body would not collapse to the ground immediately and watched Moon Wolf mercenaries not far away killing his comrades one by one, his eyes were full of sadness.

He never imagined that it would end like this one day.

"It would be great if I could know sooner..."

37