CH16: Kaiju Battle
92 3 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Standing two football fields tall, built from long spindly tree limbs wrapped around each other to form corded muscle, with the head of a goat and the body of a man, the creature roared its indignation at the world. At its core, the finger from the leviathan vein fed the colossus ever greater amounts of psionic energy. Long purple veins spread through black bark until they reached the giant's wide hips and massive breasts. Over its womb, a half-filled heart surrounded by bat wings pulsed with its occupant healing inside.

 

Vergil had no control over the creature. Getting out of it wasn’t really the problem in his current state. His body, while he healed rapidly, wasn’t 100%. While most of his body was back, his vital energy and ki slowly recovered. On the bright side, when his vital energy did recover, he could tell it would be the peak stage of the prenatal realm.

 

An explosion rocked the kaiju, and suddenly he was in the driver’s seat. Vergil glared down at a dozen psions blasting him with their lasers. It burned his flesh but didn’t have the penetration power to finish him off. Vergil raised his hands and clapped one. The psion’s barrier shattered, and the creature became a meaty slurry that Vergil’s kaiju body eagerly absorbed.

 

From the ground, Tyson blasted forward and blasted a hole through Vergil’s kaiju arm. The wound quickly caught fire while Vergil adjusted his strategy. The realm was still mostly solid though most of the psions, including Lily and Gwen, had left. But that was fine; it was time to bring an end to this show anyway.

 

Vergil let a particularly strong beam from a gold hit him and fell to a knee over a particular cave system. He quickly shot his hand through the ground and plucked another finger. The psions joined in, slowing down his arm while Vergil struggled to consume it. Jacob appeared in the body of a clone holding a starfish.

 

Jacob’s hand glowed, and a massive dense green orb burst erupted from within the starfish. Vergil quickly understood that Jacob had been working on the creature for a long time, storing more power until it became something like a treasure.

 

Treasures were one-time-use items or creatures that couldn’t be used again. However, because of their sacrificial nature, they could be powerful if used correctly.

 

The second the treasure energy hit the starfish and started mutating out of control, its death was certain.

 

Vergil wasn’t incredibly worried; the psions relaxed their hold as the starfish formed, and his hand rose closer to his mouth.

 

He measured the distance, and the speed at the growing starfish moved by his hand’s movements and knew he would make it in time. But, unfortunately, the psions were too late to put on the pressure again, and his hand approached his mouth. With a second leviathan vein, his power would be immense.

 

Before it reached his mouth, Tyson returned, climbed up his body, and threw himself through Vergil’s wrist. Then, as his hand collapsed, the other psions took the moment of reprieve in the battle to join their wills to charge up a massive beam.

 

That was when Vergil acted. He used the telekinesis from his main body to grab ahold of the leviathan vein and yank it into his mouth. The starfish smashed into his body as the leviathan vein fell down his through to join the other. The symbol on his abdomen glowed brighter as immense power flowed through him.

 

None of them watched his footwork.

 

Vergil felt the starfish slam on his chest repeatedly, but it was too late. He felt his hand stitch itself back together before the first 8 appeared.

 

Riding on a broomstick, a pink-haired girl wielding a wand smiled cutely. “I am Pink Starlight of the starlight patrol, and I am here to stop the forces of evil.”

 

Vergil shoved his hand through the ground and grabbed another leviathan vein. At the same time, he cultivated his main body bitterly. The diamond rank psi had more than doubled beyond its former rank.

 

He didn’t waste time and devoured the third one just before the colossal beam hit. Then, while the beam hit him, Vergil grabbed the starfish and used it as a shield. The third leviathan vein raised his power even more, but then a pink arrow shot through his chest. He quickly placed a hand over the wound as he struggled to stand. All the while, he cultivated with all his might.

 

His Deified node grew exponentially as the dense psionic energy powered him up. Vergil hugged the starfish and felt the roots in his body shoot out into the monster. Its flesh broke apart as the healing power altered to increase growth, ultimately causing the starfish’s cells to self-destruct. Its vital energy started collapsing since it reached its massive size.

 

A power Vergil had never sensed before radiated from the magical girl, and for once, the brand had no information. So, the only thing to do was to capture the girl. A fourth avenue of cultivation could only make him more powerful. The starfish had helped patch up his wounds, so Vergil sprinted forward.

 

Before the third leviathan vein, his kaiju body had been sluggish. However, his speed had massively increased after he gained the third piece. Vergil swatted the gold psions out of the sky like flies before rolling under the magical girl’s arrow.

 

“How many demon lord pieces did you monsters hide here? This goes against the treaty. I have half a mind to leave you to this beast.” The magical girl yelled as Vergil shattered the psion’s front line.

 

“Help us, and you can have 3 items out of the Su and Far clan treasuries.” A psion gold promised.

 

“Make it 5 each, or I will leave your well-deserved fate. It's listening to us negotiate.” The magical girl said.

 

“Princess Mona, that’s impossible; it’s a mindless monster.” Vergil stabbed his hand into the ground but pulled up nothing. “See, it only knows that some leviathan veins are underground; it can’t sense them. The other two were lucky nothing can sense the leviathan veins through the Tiamat Stone.” A psion said.

 

“How dare you tell it my name, and it's reacting to our transmissions. There is a demon lord fragment near the toe-shaped mountain.” Princess Mona said.

 

Vergil ignored her words and headed away from it and stabbed his hand through the ground again but pulled it back empty-handed.

 

“Its luck has run out. We will make it 3 items each for your assistance, lady.” Vergil snatched up, moved between two peaks, and made his move. He threw them both in his mouth and swallowed them down. That brought the leviathan veins in his kaiju body to 5, and he could feel it. His body glowed bright with psionic power, and Vergil felt something fighting him for control. Suddenly Vergil stood, and he could feel changes spreading through the kaiju.

 

As he struggled against the being, he felt his arm reach up to grasp a breast the size of a two-story house. “Someone has been naughty with my fragments.”

 

“You bastards, how many fragments are here,” Mona said.

 

“Starlight ranger and you’re the pink one that must make you the current princess of the 12 moon kingdom, or has it come under a new name. It has been too long since I’ve been awake; the stars feel different; we are no longer in the Night Cluster.

 

Vergil pulled in more power and felt his mind cultivation hit the next milestone. Intermediate-stage natal cultivation helped him push against the presence. However, the creature was barely holding on.

 

“How dare you? These are my fragments?”

 

Vergil felt great fear from the creature and used it. He took control of the body and stood up taller than before. Pale white skin covered his body, and the goat head was replaced by that of a giant horned woman.

 

“You are a tool, nothing more. If you’re going to take control, then 5 fragments are enough.” Vergil said.

 

“You will need my power. Don’t you want to get stronger?” The demon lord said.

 

Vergil fiddled around with his kaiju’s new hands. They were white with long black nails like the fingers. It made sense she wanted to look like herself.

 

“Give me a drop of your blood and become mine, then I will help you find every fragment,” Vergil said.

 

“Like that, Lily psion no thanks, even if it would slightly benefit me. I don’t want to be controlled by a man like you.”

 

Vergil shot forward and slapped the magical girl out of the sky before extending two fingers and slashing. His terror blade improved after receiving some of the demon lord’s fear. The magical girl crawled out of the mountain she fell in and fired another arrow. Vergil swatted it aside.

 

“How can you be so strong? A demon lord shouldn’t have such strength with only 5 fragments.” Mona asked.

 

Vergil smiled with the demon lord’s face. “Sorry, the demon lord isn’t in charge right now,” Vergil said.

 

Even from the vast distance between them, Vergil saw the girl’s pupils dilate, and a shower of fresh fear washed over him. It felt great.

 

“Vergil, you haven’t beaten us yet,” Jacob yelled.

 

Vergil turned his head to see Jacob feeding a vast amount of power into Tyson. Vergil threw himself in that direction and body-slammed them. Then he raised his fists and punched down with all his might, but his fists passed through an illusion.

 

He turned to see Tyson use his control while Jacob healed the magical girl. That’s when Vergil remembered Tyson’s other technique. He could make his controlled targets stronger for a short time.

 

“Feed me another fragment. You can’t hide from me what they plan to do. I’ve seen desperate heroes in action before.” Vergil stared down at the sixth fragment. He had unearthed it while unconsciously sticking to the former plan. It would have been a great plan if not for the demon lord.

 

Plan B had been to rip out the fragments from his body and ditch it before slipping into a crowd of drones. But, unfortunately, Tyson has control over Princess Mona and possibly access to a method to find the black sarcophagus.

 

“If you mean the sarcophagus of the Elder Thing, then I could help you find it, but first, you must help me. We must win this quickly before the other Starlight scouts arrive. If they form their Ultra Fighting Robot, we’re through.” The demon lord said.

 

Vergil blinked and felt like laughing. He should do the same if they were going by anime logic. What was all the power he had if he couldn’t control it? Tyson couldn’t boost Mona by more than 40%. That wasn’t as much power as Vergil’s Kaiju had.

 

“It isn’t power; it's control which you sorely lack. If you won’t get more of my fragments, cede control to me.” He did the equivalent of bitch slapping her mind away from the steering wheel. “How dare you.” The demon lord shrieked.

 

“No, be quiet. I have this handled. Say another word about ceding control to you. I will rip the fragments out myself and toss them in five directions. Do you understand me?” Vergil said.

 

He did the equivalent of rattling her consciousness to make his point clear.

 

“For now.” The demon lord said.

 

“Good enough,” Vergil said.

 

While her power was immense, her consciousness was mostly scattered. It took a lot for her to try and take control compared to the power output of the fragments.

 

After sensing the psions blast him with beams, he had a good impression of how beams work. Fortunately, his kaiju body was large and had many psionic energy-carrying limbs running through it. Actually, the superstructure was 100% psionic energy-carrying limbs. While his life force was immense within the kaiju, his power came from the fragments. He could use psionic techniques through the kaiju.

 

That’s why he decided to replicate the beam and hold burst in his back pocket for a final trump card. Using a technique he had never practiced before seemed difficult, but he had a lot of power to waste doing it. Moreover, the fragments had a practically infinite steady power output. A few more, and he would be scary strong, and the demon lord’s consciousness would be much stronger.

 

With that in mind, Vergil held out a fingertip and gathered his immense power at its tip before firing. An explosion shook the world as a mountain exploded. And a blade sliced through his arm.

 

An alien girl with antennas on her head sheathed a long blade. More starlight rangers appeared in various colors. The fight had picked up.

5