Chapter 4 – New family member
952 6 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If you like my work and want to support me, consider checking out my Patreon. Besides several chapters ahead of the public, you will also be helping me get closer to my dream of being a full-time writer.

As my third year in this world came to an end, I had already turned three years old and kept growing healthily, thanks to the caring attention of my parents. This year was one of the most special for me because my mom was pregnant with a new baby. I was extremely excited to meet my new sibling.

Additionally, I found out that there was a school in our small town that I would attend when I turned eight years old. However, to be honest, I'm not very interested in it. From the conversations I've overheard among some kids, it seems that the learning system in this world is significantly inferior to that of my previous world.

Despite all these considerations, I decided to join school. I made this decision for two important reasons. The first is that my parents really want me to acquire new knowledge. Although they believe I'm exceptionally smart for a three-year-old, it doesn't mean they are aware that I already possess much of the knowledge they will teach me in school. The second reason is that I want to experience things I didn't have in my previous life. Attending school, making friends, these are all experiences that were not possible for me before, but now they have become an achievable reality.

These were the thoughts running through my mind at this moment. While reflecting on this, I found myself sitting on a chair in the kitchen. My mom is in the bedroom, giving birth to my new sibling. Apparently, a woman who seems to be the town's doctor came to assist with the delivery. I was sent to the kitchen and instructed to wait. And here I am, waiting obediently. Suddenly, a cry echoes through the house.

"Waaaaah, Waaaaah"

At that moment, the sound reverberates throughout the house, making it clear that something important is happening. I quickly stood up from the chair and hurriedly made my way to my parents' room. As I reached the door, I encountered the doctor coming out of the room. She gave me a brief smile and opened the door, inviting me inside.

As soon as I entered, I found my father and mother. My mother gently held a tiny baby in her arms, while sweat trickled down her face, showing the fatigue she had faced. My eyes fixated on the little being she held. An unfamiliar yet warm feeling started to bloom in my chest. It was something mysterious and unique that I had never experienced before.

"Ren, come here and meet your adorable little sister"

My mother said softly, and obeying her words, I slowly approached the bed, fixing my mesmerized eyes on the little creature peacefully sleeping in my mother's embrace. My father came closer to me and gently lifted me, guiding me to the edge of the bed. As I got close enough, my mother brought my little sister closer to me.

"Her name is Anna"

With a loving smile on her lips, my mother revealed. Anna's lovely eyes remained closed, and her gentle breath escaped her lips. Carefully, I slowly brought my hand closer to her face, but I was surprised when her tiny hand grabbed my finger. Her eyes opened slowly, and she smiled brightly as soon as she saw me.

"Buuuu"

That moment was truly special for me. Her big round eyes stared at me while an innocent smile adorned her little lips. In that instant, an undeniable truth struck me deeply—my sister was incredibly cute.

***

After my sister was born, a year passed without major events. However, there was something that brought a little excitement to our small town once a week: the regular vendor. Every visit, the main topic always revolved around the princess. At that time, I was five years old, while my sister was two. We got along very well, and I found it adorable when she crawled behind me, following in my footsteps. That gesture always brought a smile to my face. By this time, my parents already considered me a responsible child, despite my young age. They didn't hesitate to ask me to take care of Anna when they needed to go out, trusting me to keep her safe until they returned.

Over time, my communication skills also became quite developed. Although I had already spoken fluently in front of my parents before, I needed to avoid seeming strangely advanced for a five-year-old. So, I made a conscious effort to appear to have some difficulty in speaking. Sitting in a chair, I looked through the wooden window, which usually served only to block out the outside world when closed. Snow was falling from the roof of our house, as it was winter and temperatures were low. We were all bundled up in thick, cozy clothes to brave the cold. As I sat there, I held Anna in my lap. Her eyes shone with admiration as she gazed at the falling snow.

I reached my arm out, and a small snowflake landed on my hand. As I felt the cold of the flake on my skin, I brought it close to Anna's face, who watched it with bright eyes. This moment must truly seem magical to her, as it was her first year experiencing snow. Although I'm not sure if she really comprehends what she's seeing, just the radiant smile on her face as she contemplates the snow falling outside fills me with joy. Suddenly, a delicious aroma begins to invade my nostrils.

Usually, in our house, there were only parties on really special occasions, like my birthday or when something significant happened. This year, we would be celebrating Anna's birthday. A few seconds later, my mother appears and embraces Anna in her arms, reaching out her hand towards me.

"Come on, sweetheart, your father is practically drooling with anticipation to start eating"

My mother says with a playful smile on her lips, while casting an affectionate glance at my father. Taking her hand, we walk towards the table filled with food. These precious moments of happiness are something I would do anything to protect, using all the knowledge I possess.

23