Chapter 15 – The second princess
681 7 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If you like my work and want to support me, consider checking out my Patreon. Besides several chapters ahead of the public, you will also be helping me get closer to my dream of being a full-time writer.

The second princess of the Kingdom of Solaris, Emi Tulipal Solaris, has always been acclaimed as one of the most beautiful people on the continent. As she grew up, her beauty became more and more apparent. Now, at 8 years old, she is considered the most stunning woman in the entire continent of Marben. Her radiant white hair and golden eyes, which seem to reflect the sun itself, truly make her the embodiment of the goddess. Due to these characteristics, Emi is accustomed to receiving marriage proposals from various different kingdoms.

One of the kingdoms that ardently seeks to win Emi's hand in marriage is the Kingdom of Storne. The crown prince of this kingdom felt a deep attraction to Emi from the moment he first saw her when they were both only 4 years old. Since then, the Kingdom of Storne has made every possible effort to unite Emi with the crown prince. Unfortunately, the crown prince of Storne is known for his possessive attitude and distorted view of women, treating them as mere objects. From a young age, he has always gotten everything he wanted. Therefore, upon seeing Emi, he believed he could obtain her in the same way.

However, there was an obstacle for him—Emi was a princess from another kingdom. He knew that the only way to have her would be through marriage. But luck seemed to be on his side this time. Emi belonged to a smaller neighboring kingdom compared to Storne, and he was certain that by threatening the Kingdom of Solaris with war, the king would yield. In yet another attempt like this, Emi was in the carriage next to her father, returning to the castle. The streets were crowded with people desperately trying to catch a glimpse of Emi.

"What's the matter, my daughter?"

A voice resonated from the person sitting in front of me, my father, Cedric Tulipal Solaris. His golden hair and eyes matched perfectly, and despite being relatively young for someone with four children, he exuded remarkable wisdom. My father is the second person I trust the most, after my mother.

"It's nothing, father. I'm just a little tired of all this. Because of my appearance, everyone treats me differently"

I sighed. Although it may sound like an understatement, I am extremely beautiful. There's no way I wouldn't know that. Since I was a child, I have been praised for my looks. Even if I strive in my studies and other areas, in the end, my appearance always becomes the most important point. And now, the situation is complicated with the prince of the Kingdom of Storne. I have heard about the kind of person he is, and I definitely do not wish to marry someone like that. However, I am a princess, and furthermore, Storne is a militarily more powerful kingdom than Solaris. If there is a war, there is a high chance our kingdom will come out losing.

While these thoughts swirled in my mind, the carriage continued on its way toward the imposing castle. As soon as we reached the entrance, my father gently extended his hand to help me down. A group of servants awaited there to receive us. My father went straight to his personal office, while the maids guided me to my room, with their attentive and courteous attention.

"How is my mother doing?"

Ask the maid kindly guiding me through the castle.

"Her Majesty is still resting in bed, but this morning she managed to go to the garden to enjoy some fresh air"

replied the maid. She continued walking ahead of me as she spoke. With her words, a wave of relief spread through my chest. About a month ago, my mother fell ill suddenly. We consulted numerous doctors, and while we identified the problem, we haven't found an effective cure yet. Now, it seems we're reaching the end of the line, and they're not even making an effort to find a solution anymore. My mother is an incredibly important person to me. She has always valued not only my appearance but also my skills and achievements. I am deeply grateful to her for that. If there's anyone capable of saving my mother's life, even if it's motivated solely by my appearance, I wouldn't hesitate to commit myself to that person.

As we reached the door of my room, one of the maids opened it, making way for me to enter. My room has a predominantly pink atmosphere with delicate touches of white. There's a window that opens to the city, and next to it, a door that leads to a charming balcony. The view is truly breathtaking. Whenever my mind is restless, I come here to breathe a little. Looking at the stars, I contemplate an extraordinarily beautiful sky with numerous white dots shining in the vast darkness.

While I stand on the balcony, two knocks on the door interrupt my reverie. Surprised by the unexpected visit at this hour, I presume it's time for dinner. With that thought in mind, I approach the door and open it. As expected, a maid awaits outside.

"The meal is ready, Your Highness"

The maid said, making a slight bow.

"Very well, let's go"

I reply. With these words, we start walking towards the banquet hall. After a few steps, we reach an imposing door where two maids wait to open it as soon as I approach. As I approach the door, the two maids begin to open it. Once the door is open, a luxurious dining hall is revealed before me. A long table filled with delicious dishes is set, and sitting at the table are my father, my two brothers, and my sister. Furthermore, my mother is also present, seated at the table. She looks at me with a smile on her face and waves her hand. It's visible on her face that she's still not completely well, but it's a relief to know that she can at least get out of bed.

18