Chapter 197 – Continental battle (4)
62 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If you like my work and want to support me, consider checking out my Patreon. Besides several chapters ahead of the public, you will also be helping me get closer to my dream of being a full-time writer.

A certain amount of time has passed since Jun and the other nobles were arrested. I must say, their expressions were of total defeat; it seemed like everyone expected life imprisonment or simply being sentenced to death. Jun, on the other hand, seemed completely unhinged, to say the least.

As he was being led away, he insulted everything and everyone. Frankly, I don't want to repeat the words he used, but I can assure you they were terrible. However, I'm sure he'll get what he deserves. Furthermore, when he saw me while being escorted by the guards, for some reason, Jun started blaming me entirely for his misfortune.

Albert, who was beside me at that moment, was utterly confused, looking at me as if he was trying to understand what was happening. Unfortunately, I wasn't much different from him; in fact, I had no idea what was going on. Anyway, Jun didn't stay for long. The more he struggled trying to reach me, the faster the guards took him away.

Still, I have to say I was quite frightened by Jun's look of hatred. I'm sure if someone could be killed just by looking at another person with so much hatred, I probably wouldn't be here anymore. But well, that's a matter of the past. After that incident, the leader Patriarch took command of the troops again and gave them a brief sentence.

I didn't have much to say because I understood the reason he gave a lighter sentence compared to Jun and the other patriarchs. After all, overall, the soldiers were just following orders, just like ours.

After this episode, Albert and I finally managed to establish decent contact with our continent. Several letters were sent from both sides, and overall, they reported that everyone was fine thanks to our intervention. Albert managed to arrange help in time, and my letter played a crucial role in providing information that allowed proper preparation. After all, sending aid to a disaster scene would be useless.

Anyway, I felt a great relief knowing that everyone was okay. Of course, Albert shared that sentiment too. During our interactions with the leader Patriarch to discuss the relationship between our continents, Albert, as the crown prince, led the discussions. Occasionally, he sought my opinion on specific matters.

I saw no reason not to help, so I shared with him my thoughts on what would be most beneficial for both parties. Although I didn't fully understand why he sought so much advice, I didn't mind it. In the end, we reached an agreement where both continents would sign a peace treaty. As part of the agreement, leaders from both continents committed to personally visiting the other continent to formalize the agreement.

In the Patriarch's case, the situation is simpler due to his centralized style of governance, where he is the sole supreme leader despite the presence of other nobles. This is quite different from our system, where there are several independent kingdoms. However, faced with the need for more direct communication, we decided to designate Solaris as the central point of negotiations.

I mean, why the hell would we involve another country when it was me and Albert who did all the work? Even if some country complained later, we could easily silence them by presenting the facts. At least I don't believe they would be so reckless as to ignore them.

At the end, this was the development that occurred during this period. Currently, Albert and I had already returned to our continent, Solaris. Since our return, Albert has been having long conversations with the king, so I can't deny that I became quite curious about the matter.

When we returned, Albert and I shared the main events of what happened during our absence, so there shouldn't be any secrets. However, when I questioned the content of their conversations, they simply dismissed me, saying I should find Emi.

Well, that's exactly what I was doing at this moment, but honestly, I can't understand how our supposed reunion turned into a dance in the garden. It's not like I'm not enjoying it, but seriously, why? I really couldn't comprehend.

"Hum... Emi?"

I asked in a confused tone. Emi, who displayed a radiant smile, looked at me. Her eyes continued to shine in a stunning gold, as always.

"Yes?"

Upon hearing Emi's question, I began to mentally formulate the words I would say. In fact, I questioned the need to formulate anything. The situation was so strange that I really didn't know how to proceed.

“Why are we dancing in the garden?”

By the way, although I say dancing, it's a very slow and aristocratic dance that you can see in any story. Although I am enjoying it, it doesn't change the fact that it's strange. In the end, upon hearing my words, Emi tilted her head slightly to the side with a puzzled look while looking at me.

"Why? Don't you want to?"

Emi asked, her golden eyes meeting mine as we continued to dance in the garden. Her voice was soft, and the smile on her face was encouraging.

"Ah, that's not what I meant, of course I want to... it's just that you brought me to the garden quite suddenly, so I thought something had happened"

I explained. Hearing my words, Emi let out a soft laugh as if she found it amusing. I didn't exactly know what was so funny about what I said, but if she was happy, I was too. As I thought about it, Emi rested her head on my chest, and we continued to dance.

"I was worried about you... very worried, but I'm glad to see that you're well and back"

Said Emi, lifting her head to look at me. Her face displayed a smile, probably one of the most beautiful ones I had ever seen. Slowly, my lips approached hers. Emi maintained eye contact with me while still wearing the smile on her face.

On that sunny afternoon, Emi and I kissed, celebrating our love for each other. Amidst the dance in the garden and our lips meeting softly, I knew I couldn't ask for a better ending.

My discord server for conversations, there you'll also find photos of the protagonists of my works, as well as possible spoilers for my future stories, plus I'm always alerting you when a new free chapter is posted.

3