Chapter 198 – Complete family (END)
146 6 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If you like my work and want to support me, consider checking out my Patreon. Besides several chapters ahead of the public, you will also be helping me get closer to my dream of being a full-time writer.

As the day began to brighten, a glimpse of the sun in the distance flooded the room. Inside, a relatively long bed dominated the space, in a setting decorated with feminine shades of pink, carefully scattered here and there. Stuffed animals adorned the place, giving it a magical and charming touch.

The bed was also occupied by someone. A small being slowly got up, their eyes still closed. Their tiny white hands started to rub their eyes slowly, while a cute yawn escaped their small lips.

After their eyes opened, the little girl swept the room with her curious gaze until stopping at the small table next to the bed. There, a box captured her attention. Carefully, the girl picked up the box and opened it, revealing a small hair accessory. The ornament didn't seem particularly expensive or valuable, but the girl's eyes remained fixed on it, as if there was something special about that simple object.

The accessory seemed to conceal a much greater value than its appearance suggested. While the little girl stared at the ornament, the door of the room opened, revealing two women dressed as maids. Both women looked around the room until their eyes met those of the little girl, who watched them with an indifferent gaze.

"Oh, you're already awake?"

Asked the maid, but no response came. In fact, both of them were used to this, as the little girl rarely spoke in the presence of others, except her parents. Anyway, one of the maids skillfully moved around the room, starting to tidy it up.

Meanwhile, the other maid picked up the little girl and carried her towards a large mirror. Carefully, she sat her down on a stool in front of the mirror, allowing the girl's reflection to become visible.

Her silver-blonde hair cascaded down to her waist, gently shining in the light, while her golden and enchanting eyes blinked occasionally. Her round and delicate face radiated irresistible cuteness, complemented by long platinum eyelashes that further accentuated her natural beauty. The little girl exuded an aura of charm and grace.

With gentle movements, the maid began to comb the little girl's hair, making her close her eyes in relaxation. This was a familiar routine for her. As the comb glided smoothly through each strand, the maid skillfully made her way to the wardrobe and carefully pulled out some pieces of clothing.

With patience, the maid presented each piece of clothing to the girl one by one. After a few seconds of contemplation, the girl pointed to her choice. The maid wasn't surprised by the decision, as it was the girl's favorite dress. Skillfully, she helped the little one get dressed, turning her into a charming sight.

"You look lovely"

Both maids shared the same impression. The figure before them could only be described as an angel, so cute and delicate. They felt like they could easily break her, as if she were made of glass. Both had been with the girl since her birth and could be considered as older sisters to the little one.

"Where are mom and dad?"

The little one asked. The maids exchanged glances for a few seconds before one of them answered.

"Your father is at work; he probably should be back before dark. Your mother is in the garden"

After hearing the maids' words, the little girl seemed to gaze into the void for a moment, clearly lost in thought. After a few minutes, she nodded, as if she had decided something, and quickly got up.

Her maids quickly understood the girl's intention and started following her through the castle. The girl walked for a while until she stood in front of a large door. Although this wasn't her planned destination, she entered the place slowly, followed by the two maids.

As she entered, a sea of shelves filled with books of various kinds filled her vision. Looking around, the girl soon spotted what she was looking for. She walked slowly toward a table near a window. Sitting in one of the chairs was a handsome boy. His hair had a deep shade of brown, and his eyes were fixed on a book. Although not entirely discernible, it was still possible to catch a glimpse of a hint of his eye color, a vibrant golden.

"Oh, Elysia, do you need something?"

The boy asked, gently closing his book. Elysia approached slowly, while the boy watched her closely. She stopped beside him and fixed her gaze, not uttering a single word.

With a small smile on his face, the boy lifted her gently and placed her on his lap. The girl observed the book in his hands; her first thought was that her brother, as always, was immersed in readings about things she didn't understand. It made her puff up her little cute cheeks, eliciting a laugh from the boy.

"You were going to see mom, weren't you? How about we go together?"

Elysia heard the words and simply watched him for a few seconds before nodding, letting out a small giggle. He lifted her in his arms and headed for the door, passing by the two maids. They continued to walk down the hallway until they reached a door where two knights were stationed. Without uttering a word, the knights opened the door, allowing the children to enter.

Walking through the gardens, they arrived at a table where a lovely woman with hair as white as snow was reading a book, maintaining a smile on her face. Beside her, a man with dark hair was writing in a book. The girl who was in the boy's arms quickly wriggled free and ran toward the couple.

"Mom, Dad!"

The girl's voice echoed through the garden. Both turned with warm smiles, welcoming her with open arms.

"Elysia, Zeck"

The woman uttered their names tenderly. Zeck approached, looking around. It was a familiar place for him, as the four always gathered there to spend family time. Putting that thought aside, the boy turned to his father, questioning softly.

"I thought you were only coming by evening"

His words were filled with curiosity. The man chuckled and directed his gaze to the girl cuddling in her mother's lap.

"Well, today is Elysia's birthday. I took a break from work to spend time with you all"

His words were infused with affection. Zeck let out a small sigh; it wasn't the first time this had happened and probably wouldn't be the last. His father always prioritized family above all else.

They all sat together, sharing stories of the day. Elysia spoke animatedly about all the foods she wanted at the party that would happen later that night, while her father and mother listened attentively. Zeck, in turn, watched this common scene with a rare smile on his lips, feeling deeply grateful to have such a loving family around him.

FINAL CONSIDERATIONS: That brings us to the end of Solis. First of all, I would like to express my sincere gratitude to everyone who has followed this story to the end. Despite my inexperience and the fact that the narrative didn't unfold exactly as I had imagined, I feel happy that I managed to complete it. I recognize that there are areas that need improvement, especially the dialogues. However, I see this as a learning opportunity. I'm convinced that this experience will help me evolve as a writer in the future.

I thank you for investing your time in this journey, even if the story didn't reach the standard I had hoped for. If at some point you managed to disconnect from the real world and immerse yourself in the plot, that's enough for me. I hope you've enjoyed at least a little of this adventure in Solis. Thank you for being part of this journey and for motivating me to continually improve as a storyteller.

My discord server for conversations, there you'll also find photos of the protagonists of my works, as well as possible spoilers for my future stories, plus I'm always alerting you when a new free chapter is posted.

4