1: A Tragic End
2.9k 7 61
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The dim light which flashed from the streetlights illuminated the cold and dark streets of New York.

the bright moon hung high above the endless blanket of the sky as it illuminated the earth like a huge flashlight.

bustle!!

bustle!!

many pedestrians could be seen roaming around the city aimlessly almost like a hoard of programmed sheep with no shepherd.

Austin Smith, was one of these pedestrians sadly, in fact, he was your everyday office worker, struggling to just barely scrape up minimum wage every year from his shit hole of a workplace.

Although his life seemed miserable, there were a few factors that kept him living in this world.

the anime, comics, movies, novels, and other things he read/watched in his daily life.

these stories touched Austin's poor soul, sometimes he wished he could enter one of these worlds and go on a journey himself.

Austin released a cold breath of air and tugged on his long winter coat which seemed to be struggling to fight against the corroding of time.

in Austin's hands was his black handbag which he carried with him every day, to and from work, filled with nothing but papers that he barely even took out at work.

"I wonder if any of the novels I saved got updated," Austin thought as he treaded his teeth through the snowy sidewalks of New York.

As a miserable man, Austin lived alone, he was born an orphan and had no idea who his real parents even were.

but even so, he kept going, he kept living, in the hope of a brighter future, maybe even with his own family if he ended up getting a girlfriend.

buzz!!

the sound of buzzing was heard inside his winter trenchcoat.

Austin pulled out his old almost broken-down phone and looked at the brightly lit screen.

he sighed in annoyance seeing as it was a reminder that he needed to pay his rent.

"tsk, I can barely feed myself" Austin smiled wryly and continued walking towards his house.

he usually took the metro station train towards an area near his house before departing and heading home.

but today Austin had decided to walk home through the streets of New York.

he enjoyed looking at the festive Christmas decorations which adorned many luxurious buildings, it was a wonderful sight.

"I wonder what I will do this Christmas," Austin asked himself, only god knew the answer to that.

he might as well stay home and watch anime once again like he always did.

the sound of a car engine was heard behind Austin, but he didn't turn around, thinking the car was driving on the road.

Austin's heart dropped as he noticed the bright headlights of the car land on him, it was almost as if the car was headed toward him.

Austin turned around unconsciously and looked at the incoming vehicle.

boom!!

a loud collision rang out and Austin was sent flying into a building.

"sh*t, we hit someone" a young couple could be seen inside the car which had hit Austin, the man was seated in the driver's seat while the woman seemed to be moving away from his nether region.

the woman looked up in a daze, wondering what had happened, warm juices could be seen dripping down her mouth as she looked towards the dashboard.

"i- is he dead?" the woman shuddered uncontrollably before a look of despair overcame her.

"I don't know, but I don't want to go to jail," the young man said in a shaky voice, he zipped up his pants before reversing the car and speeding off into the distance.

"ah-" the woman felt like screaming but the man held her mouth shut while driving.

"shut up, do you want to die?" the young man stared at her as if his eyes were daggers, this caused the young woman to stare at him in shock and fear.

"That's better, now continue what you were doing," the young man said before he grabbed the girl's head and pushed her down to his nether region.

the girl didn't resist, and continued doing what she was doing, although tears came out of her eyes, she didn't stop.

Austin's eyes dimmed as he watched the car drive off.

his head was bleeding profusely as his blood fell onto the pavement.

"Is this how I die?" Austin thought in his mind while staring into the night sky, he felt it amusing.

he had always wanted to leave this world, he was too scared to take his own life, and now finally someone had taken his life for him,

he didn't know whether to be thankful or angry.

"I didn't even get to go watch anime today" he tried to sigh but could barely part his lips to even exhale.

two streams of tears fell down Austin's face as he lay in a small pool of blood near the sidewalk.

if there was an afterlife, he at least hoped to be a rich person, have a family, and be free, that way he could do anything he wanted and drive luxurious cars.

that was the life he had always wanted.

the cold pure white snow had already been bloodied as he lay there lifelessly.

Austin had died.

It wasn't long before the sound of emergency cars arrived, many locals who had witnessed the tragic accident had long since reported it.

and Austin was taken to the hospital immediately, but it was too late, his soul had long since left this world.

Even at his funeral, barely anyone attended, just his colleagues and the few friends he knew, the people who caused his death were also never found.

Although this was the end of Austin's life, it was also the beginning of his adventure in a large and chaotic world filled with powerful beings.

---

[Ding!!

system starting up.

0%

20%

50%

70%

90%

99%

100%

system powering on!

hello, host, welcome to the Gamer System,

Current world: Marvel's Cinematic Universe]

61