2: The Gamer System
3.1k 13 58
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

2017 New York. 

[Ding!!

system starting up.

0%

20%

50%

70%

90%

99%

100%

system powering on!

hello, host, welcome to the Gamer System,

Current world: Marvel's Cinematic Universe]

the occasional ringing sound and robotic voice were all Austin could hear inside his head.

"aren't I dead?, why am I still being bothered," Austin thought inside his head, he struggled to remove the voice from his head.

no matter how hard he tried, it just wouldn't go away.

A system? what's the point, I'm already dead, probably hallucinating even.

Austin "laughed" In his mind hysterically.

While his thoughts ran amok, his eyes speedily flew open in an instant.

"w-where am I?" Austin was in confusion, he was currently staring out of a window and seemed to be seated at a desk.

seeing the familiar buildings in the distance, he knew one thing.

He was still in New York.

"I'm Alive?" Austin thought solemnly while looking around his environment.

his eyes widened in shock when he noticed the figures of people all around.

he seemed to be inside a classroom, and everyone here could be described as a young college student.

"where the f*CK am I," Austin said In shock while holding back his words from being blurted out of his mouth.

"Austin, are you paying attention?" a feminine voice was heard.

the teacher was looking at Austin, causing everyone else to turn around and look at him.

"i- y-yes I'm ok" Austin replied nearly subconsciously, even though he was extremely confused about his current circumstances.

"That's good then, back to what I was saying" the teacher stopped looking at Austin and continued to teach the class while showing some demonstrations on a hologram.

while sitting in class, Austin felt a large swarm of information enters his head.

it was slightly painful, but he gritted his teeth for a while and the splitting pain went away after that.

After sorting out his newfound memories, Austin realized one huge factor.

he was in another body.

to be more exact, he was now In the body of a university freshman.

[Ding! 

Host, Please activate the gamer system] a holographic screen abruptly appeared in Infront of Austin, startling him to the point where he almost fell out of his seat.

"what the f*CK" hearing the familiar robotic voice read the words to him.

Austin now knew that this was the same voice he heard before he appeared in this place.

"system? it's a system" Austin thought in surprise, he had transmigrated into a new body with a system!

could this be, god was giving him another chance at life, and with a golden finger?

"activate the system," Austin said in his mind while trying to calm down.

he didn't want to attract the attention of the people around him.

[Ding! 

The system started up!

Congrats on becoming the host of the gamer system, saying "status" or "inventory" can reveal the system's main functions] and a holographic screen appeared once again.

"status," Austin said while trying to control his hysteric look of excitement which was plastered on his face.

Status]

Host: Austin Smith

Age: 18

Level: 2 (37%)

Skills: Nil!

Equipment: school clothes 

looking at his status screen, Austin felt a sense of belonging, wasn't this the same status screen he would always see in the novels he read, he had one now.

"the system even regarded this school's clothing as equipment?" Austin said and thought that it was strange, but he didn't think too much about it.

"Inventory," he said after closing his inventory, 

a holographic screen appeared in front of him.

it was a screen filled with many boxes, the standard inventory one would see in any video game.

Austin's eyes landed on the topmost box in the right corner, there seemed to be a sword-shaped item inside.

[Basic Sword: +5 attack]

some boxes were filled with basic equipment.

Although Austin was grateful for the basic equipment, he didn't understand what he would need weapons for, after all, it wasn't like he was in the ancient era or something.

Austin then thought back to the words he heard before he entered this world...

[Current world: Marvel Cinematic universe] 

"Holy sh*t"

this was the only thought Austin had in his mind before the bell rang, signaling the end of the school day.

"the marvel universe?" Austin thought in deliberation, this was a dangerous world to be in.

"at least I have something that'll make me stronger" he then sighed in relief.

looking at the system's main abilities, Austin put the dungeon creation ability to the back of his mind and looked at the level of scanning ability.

"system, scan the levels of everyone here," he said in his mind.

he immediately saw holographic words appear above everyone's head, including the teacher.

most of the students ranged from level 1 to 3, the bigger and more burly-looking students were at level 3 while the tiny and weak-looking students were at the level.

according to the system, the peak strength a human could reach was level 5, they would already be considered extremely strong and talented in terms of physical abilities.

[Status]

Level: 2 (37%)

Austin looked at his level and thought to himself.

"not bad" at least he wasn't level 1.

packing up his books and bags, Austin followed the rest of the students and left the large classroom.

5:30 pm!

this was the time that his phone read.

signaling the end of this class period, Austin had no more classes for the day so he could directly return to his dorm.

Using his memories, Austin immediately found the location of his Dorm room.

dorm B16.

he stayed in this dorm with another person, but that person rarely came to school, which was very much to Austin's luck.

Austin went inside his dorm room and removed his school uniform before heading into the bathroom for a shower.

looking at himself in the mirror, Austin noticed that he looked the same as he did in his last life.

around 172 cm tall, with short black hair and a chiseled jaw.

just like himself back on earth, his new body was in shape, and although not perfect, it wasn't unhealthy either.

After taking a hot shower, Austin wore some casual clothes before pulling out his phone.

Bank Balance: $140 

Austin worked a part-time job on the weekends, the money from that job was used to feed him.

"damn! even in this life I'm so poor" Austin cursed before putting his phone back in his pocket, he at least, had to buy something cheap to eat tonight.

his stomach was almost screaming in anger from hunger.

===============

if you want more chapters, check out my patrêon!

patrêon.com/ShadowDeity

I'm going to keep a spare of at least 10 chapters there, in case I'm feeling sick some days and can't write.

58