6: Training With Mana
1.6k 6 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Although he was unexpectedly kicked out of the dungeon, Austin didn't fret.

After all, he had a good haul through the dungeon, he leveled up and got the mana control skill, which could be considered a type of "super-power"

As much as Austin wanted to go out and find other people who had superpowers, he knew he wasn't ready.

with a new ability came one more thing he needed to do, train the ability and get used to utilizing it. 

With the info that Austin had about novels and other fantasy-like stories, he could come up with hundreds of uses for his mana control ability.

With the help of the system's skill creation function, he could easily create abilities that well suited him in any situation.

 "I need a secluded place that no one goes to," Austin said in deep thought while looking around.

 The sun was still high in the sky and wouldn't start to set till an hour or so, he had more than enough time to practice.

Austin suddenly remembered a place in his memories of the school, there was an old empty field behind a run-down sports shack next to the school.

quite literally no students ever went to that place unless they were doing something borderline illegal.

With Austin's Mana control, he wasn't worried he would get caught by a human while training his abilities unless it was a human with superpowers.

Austin's heart fluttered momentarily for a second while he stood there, his eyes turning to the figure who had just walked past him in confusion.

According to his memories, this girl's name was Erin Ramirez, she had long black hair and was a beautiful girl, with her voluptuous figure it was understandable why many pairs of eyes would glance at her momentarily every time she walked by. 

This was the old Austin's school crush, but with Austin's above-average looks he didn't even dare to ask for her number.

Austin looked away and didn't bother with the girl anymore, he needed strength right now!

he could chase skirts later.

----

After reaching the empty area behind the run-down sports shed, Austin swept his mana around the area.

other than the life force of insects and other creatures here, he didn't sense any humans, which was just what he expected.

Austin pulled out his hand and controlled his many, with his imagination he could work wonders with this formless energy.

Austin imagined a ball in his hand, the mana in his body rotated before it solidified into a blue mana ball.

poof!!

As Austin got to the last moment the mana ball broke apart and shattered into the air before disappearing. 

"F"*ck, This is harder than I thought" Austin cursed and continued trying.

after a few more tries he was able to get the perfect mana ball.

now came the harder part!

shooting the ball! 

Austin started by throwing the mana ball into the air, but he soon realized a crucial point.

Mana was the best at controlling itself, so why couldn't he use his mana to propel the ball of mana?

" This might work then"

With confidence, Austin stood still and raised his hand horizontally with his palms spread open.

swoosh!!

the flow of mana instantly gathered towards his palm and formed the shape of a ball, looking closely at this ball of mana, it carried a strong spinning force, so fast that it was naked to the human eyes, but as the one in control of this orb, Austin knew all about its properties. 

With but a thought, Austin channeled more energy towards his palm, but this time using the energy to repel the mana orb in his palm.

swoosh!!

the mana orb was sent flying to a nearby boulder in the distance, but as it approached the boulder which was dozens of meters away, the mana orb dissipated into the air.

"huff.. this is a start," Austin said in contemplation, it seemed his control over mana was the leading cause of his mana orb disappearing after it flew off over a long distance.

[Ding!

due to the continuous use of [mana control], it has leveled up] 

Austin's Mana control was now at level 3, after reaching this point he felt as if his control over mana had deepened more than its overall ability.

he now understood the concept of this magical ability.

Raising his arm, Austin pointed it toward the boulder in the distance once again.

A ball of mana appeared in Austin's hand before it was shot off like an arrow toward the boulder.

boom!!

the large boulder was hit by the ball of mana and shattered into pieces, causing rocks to fly all around.

looking at the damage he had just caused, Austin didn't know how to react, it was so powerful. 

He had to get more skill books!

[Ding?!

Host's Actions resembled the [Mana shot] ability in the system's database, would you like to add this ability to your status screen?]

"yes" 

Austin said before walking towards the boulder which had just shattered.

he looked at the white smoke which was being released from the slightly cracked ground in shock!

not only had his mana shot destroyed the boulder, but even the ground under it was also cracked.

if a regular human was hit by this would they even be able to survive? 

he didn't know the answer to that, but he would find out one day. 

Austin was in deep thought while circulating his mana, he wanted to keep a habit of unconsciously circulating his mana, not only could this increase his mana control level, but it was also a form of defense mechanism for him since his mana was sensitive to everything in his surroundings.

nothing could escape his senses.

Austin continued his training of Mana shot, it wasn't long before it rose to level two.

using mana caused a strain on his mind, so Austin had to take a break now and then before continuing his training.

After an hour or so, Austin looked at his new status screen.

[Status]

Host: Austin Smith

Age: 18

Level: 3 (3%)

Skills: Mana Control (5), Mana Strike (3), Mana Shot (4)

Equipment: school uniform

His mana control had managed to reach level 5, giving him strong control over his mana.

with enough mana, he could even lift things into the air using his mana, it was a magical ability.

Mana strike had reached level 3 and mana shot reached level 4, this was due to Austin focusing more on Mana Shot, it was a deadly ability that was worth strengthening.

After tidying himself up, Austin left the area and went back to his dorm room before locking the door.

46