94 The Reason
3.7k 16 91
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Brad was having quite a good time. Unlike what a lot of people think, sex sometimes isn't a quick thing. It takes work, time, and in some cases, extra stimulation. This time, going at it in their work truck in public was the little bit of spice that both the woman supervisor and Brad needed. The excitement of being outside and the chance of being caught made them a little more frantic to get each other off. They were being quite loud about it, too.

“Th-that's it... a little more... oh, god.” Brad's supervisor panted. “One... more... second! OHHH!”

Brad felt her go and her body gripped him hard and he went, too. It was a safe day for her, so he hadn't bothered with a condom, and they both felt him spill out and into her and added to the thrill. The supervisor relaxed and let out a satisfied sigh, then Brad saw a flash of silver and heard a dull thud.

“What was that?” Brad whispered and she didn't respond. “Hey, did you hear that?”

“I like shovels.” A male voice said from out of the darkness. “They are great tools with so many uses.”

Brad froze at the sound of someone's voice being that close. “Who's there?” He asked and listened intently. He could make out some faint music coming from somewhere and couldn't see anything. He reached for the truck's keys and they weren't in the ignition. Dammit. He thought and started to search through the supervisor's pockets. “Hey, give me a hand.” He whispered to the supervisor and she didn't move.

“Okay.” The male voice said and suddenly the driver's side door opened.

Since both the supervisor and Brad were leaning heavily against it, it flung open and they tumbled out of the truck's front seat and fell to the ground in a heap. Brad's face was mashed into the grass because his hands were in the supervisor's pockets and he couldn't stop his fall. He tried to cry out in pain and only tasted dirt.

“Did you know that the human eye is the most vulnerable organ in the human body? Any damage to it can cause intense pain and disorientation.” The voice said. “I always thought the testicles did that.”

There was another flash of silver in front of his face and Brad felt the most intense pain between his legs that he ever felt. With his pants down to his knees, he was completely exposed and the impact of a shovel nearly blinded him with pain. Even getting stepped on there didn't hurt that bad. When he opened his teary eyes, they had adjusted somewhat to the darkness and thanks to the light from inside the truck's cab, he saw a tall silhouette as it stood above him with the work shovel from the truck.

“A-Arnold.” Brad said when he recognized the blonde buzz-cut. “What are you... doing?” He asked through the pain.

“Committing a crime.” Arnold said and knelt and put the shovel down. “I never knew that all the things I've done all these years were crimes.”

“Wh-what... what are you talking about?” Brad asked. He hoped if he kept him talking, he could escape or call for help or something. Call! He thought and despite the pain, started to dig through his own pockets for his cell phone. It was pretty obvious that was what he was doing, even with the supervisor's dead weight half-covering him, and every movement sent shocking pain through his genitals.

“Taking things that weren't mine. Killing animals. Lying to those in authority about it.” Arnold said and reached out to cover Brad's mouth with a rubber glove covered hand. “Driving without a license. Killing my father. Killing Jake.”

Brad froze still at his words.

“Killing you.” Arnold said and used his free hand to hold a long screwdriver just over Brad's face. Brad hollered 'no' and it came out as a muffled shout, then Arnold slowly pushed the screwdriver down into the eye socket beside the eye. Brad tried to lift his arms and they were caught in his clothing and under the supervisor.

“You killed my girlfriend.” Arnold said and Brad's other eye flicked at him. “We played the game to train to fight you, and she was slaughtered and eaten. I didn't like that.” He said. “I had to wait to come back here to kill you for that, then you hurt my mother.”

“Muh.” Brad's response was muffled.

“You made my mom cry.” Arnold said and pushed the screwdriver through Brad's eye socket and into his brain. Brad didn't struggle much and only twitched from having his brain penetrated through the frontal lobe. Arnold grabbed the supervisor's hand and put it around the screwdriver's handle, then he quickly and carefully moved it up and down to mulch Brad's eye and stab his brain over and over. He was extremely careful to not splash blood on himself or on his gloved hand.

Arnold checked the woman's pulse and she was still alive, so he propped her up just enough to sit up, put the shovel in Brad's hand, and swung it at the side of her head. A shovel was quite the versatile tool and the supervisor slumped against the still open driver's side door and slid to the ground with her hand still on the screwdriver embedded into Brad's skull.

His work done, Arnold thought about shutting the door of the truck and stopping the light, then he peered in to look at it. He saw several switches and pushed them, and the light got brighter, then dimmed, then blinked, then turned off. He nodded and looked around where he stepped to see that the ground was hard and packed down, and he could see some of his partial sneaker prints in places. He quickly swiped his foot over the spots, making sure to not leave a trace, then left the scene as quickly as he had arrived.

*

“Kelly, that... I can't believe...” Two shook her head. “How are you not crying all the time over this?”

Kelly took a deep breath and smiled. “It's because of Arnold.” She said. “He's been a rock for me and his mother through all of this. I honestly don't know what I would do without him.”

“Did you hear that, Arnold?” Three said and looked at the crowd of people around them. “Kelly really needs you!” She said and then she didn't see him. “Arnold?” She asked. “Hey, where's Arnold?”

A few people around them turned their heads to see if he was at the table of food or at the car trunks getting a drink.

“I don't see him.” Someone said.

“What?” Kelly stood up and looked around. “Arnold! ARNOLD!” She yelled. “WHERE ARE YOU?”

“Right here.” Arnold said and stepped out of the woods and pulled up his zipper. A few people laughed and a few of the girls blushed.

“I'm sorry for yelling.” Kelly said. “I hope we didn't rush you.”

“I did my best to finish as fast as possible.” Arnold said. “I don't like leaving you alone for too long.”

“Awww! That's so sweet!” One said. “He can't even pee without thinking about you.”

“Thanks for that visual.” Two said and everyone laughed.

“I think that's enough pee talk.” Her boyfriend said. “Want to dance?”

“Sure.” Two said and the two of them moved off towards the front car and started to dance.

“Let's all do it.” One said and took her boyfriend's hand, despite his shaking head, and dragged him over. A few people laughed and then everyone was dancing around.

“Arnold? Do you...” Kelly started to say and he stepped close to her and took her into his arms. He held her like he did at prom and they swayed back and forth and occasionally kissed. Some people had beers, some had sodas, and they all had a good time for several hours. They danced, some sang, and a few had snuck off to be alone and to have some fun.

Kelly had been very tempted to try that herself. She settled for a heavy make-out session and even asked Arnold to massage her breast. He did it discretely and no one knew that he had his hand under her baggy t-shirt, and she was grateful that she had worn it, because she really liked that he was so gentle. Unfortunately, their time for fun eventually came to an end.

“I need to go.” Arnold said when he broke the kiss and Kelly nodded. They walked through the spread out people who were all doing different things and found Two and her boyfriend. They were leaning against the second car and Two's boyfriend was nibbling on her ear to make her laugh.

“Can we get a drive home?” Kelly asked. “Arnold needs to get his stuff and catch the bus to go back to the college.”

“Sure.” Two said. “At least we won't feel like sardines this time.”

Kelly chuckled. “I don't think it would have been so bad if we knew everyone beforehand.”

“It's a neat introduction when you get used to it.” Two laughed. “Hey! Someone's sitting on my hand! Hi, I'm Sarah!”

Her boyfriend laughed. “Hop in.” He said and pointed to the car and looked into the scattered crowd. “We'll be right back!”

A few people waved and the four of them got in the car. A short drive later, Kelly and Arnold were dropped off at Kelly's place and they went inside.

“Hey, you two.” Annie said from the living room. “Did you have some fun?”

“A little.” Kelly said, her face slightly red. “Arnold, gather your things.”

Arnold went to the spare room to get his backpack and came back to the living room and picked up his phone. His mother stood up and gave him a tight hug.

“Call during the week and let us know if you can make it back next week.” Annie said. “We'll be back in the house by then, too.”

“Okay.” Arnold said and Kelly hugged him next.

“Take care of yourself and text if you need anything.” Kelly said and gave him a kiss. “I love you.”

“I love you, too.” Arnold said and looked at his mother. “Mom, I love you.”

“I love you too, sweetie.” Annie said and gave him a quick peck on the lips. “Now get walking. The bus won't wait, even if the driver somehow knows you need the ride.”

Arnold nodded and gave her a hug, hugged Kelly, then left the house.

“You can come out of hiding now.” Annie said towards the kitchen and Katheryn came out.

“I wasn't hiding, I just didn't want to chance getting another kiss.” Katheryn said.

“Uh huh.” Annie smiled. “Was it so terrible that you're avoiding it instead of just telling him that he doesn't have to kiss you to thank you?”

Katheryn's face flushed red as she blushed. “I didn't realize I could ask him to stop.”

Both Kelly and Annie had to laugh at that.

*

The last bus of the day came to a stop and picked up a passenger who flashed a bus pass at the driver and then passed it over the scanner. The young man sat in the front seat and rode in silence for the entire bus ride back to where he had come from the day before. The driver didn't ask what he was doing, since it was the college run and it was late Sunday night. He assumed the man was returning to classes after spending the weekend at home and there was no point in asking him about it.

*

Arnold stepped off of the bus just over two hours later and walked all the way back to the campus. When he entered the dorm building, the lobby was completely empty except for one person.

Doris was behind her desk and stood. “Arnold.” She said, barely above a whisper. “Welcome back.”

Arnold walked over to her with purpose and slid his arms around her and gave her a deep and passionate kiss for several seconds. “Thank you.”

Doris' heart was beating fast and her face was flushed with blood, even though most people couldn't tell. That was a great thank you kiss. She thought. “You should go upstairs and get to bed. You have an early day tomorrow.”

“Do you want me to help you masturbate?” Arnold asked. “It's been a couple of days.”

Doris opened her mouth to give him an emphatic yes, then she smiled. “Dear boy, I would like nothing more; but, I need to go home and get to bed as well.” She said. “I only stayed here long enough to see you.”

Arnold gave her a smile and she caught her breath. “Thank you.” He said and gave her another kiss.

Sweet baby Jesus, you tempt me so. Doris thought and kissed him back, then she watched him walk over to the stairs and run up them out of sight.

Arnold appeared at the top of the stairs on the fourth floor and none of the room doors were open. It was pretty late, so he crept down the hallway and didn't make any noise. He entered his dorm room and closed the door, took off his backpack and went over to his computer, then turned it on. He sat down and clicked the link that led to the video of him being assaulted in the game. He quickly scrolled through the messages to the one Kelly had shown him and found the link to the developer's invite.

Arnold copied it and started the launching program for Fortune's Favour and added the link. He loaded the player modification screen and not the full game, as the message said, and the link verified his player ID. Once that was done, he received a popup that told him about their user agreement to not share the content he was about to see, and then had an accept button and a decline button. He chose accept like Kelly wanted.

*

Only a few moments later, one of the developers received a legitimate popup from their offer. Quite a lot of people had tried to fake it and steal the developer's invitation, especially since it had been posted publicly, and the developers did it that way to see what kind of talent they could scout. It was kind of pre-interview test that let them know who could hack into their games. They would be contacted about different things later.

“Aha! We caught you with the first offer!” The guy chuckled. “I'm glad that we didn't have to negotiate to get you onboard.” He typed up several things, loaded the preset beta player package and a bonus equipment chest for Fortune's Favour, then clicked send. “You should like the level boosters for all of our games. You're going to need them with all the competition you've brought back to the game for us.”

*

Arnold received the confirmation message and the beta package started to download, so he let it go and changed for bed. He checked the alarm to make sure it was going to go off at the right time, then climbed into bed. He laid there and looked over at Kelly's empty bed, then he turned around and looked at the computer. As the progress bar filled and he kept his word to Kelly, Arnold drifted off to sleep.

91