154 Similar Interests
3.2k 22 77
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Fair Warning: I need to take the weekend off from Friday 20th until Tuesday 24th.
I'm posting 2 hours early because I'll be busy later (going to the movies). Will error check later.

Paul was asked, politely, to keep his nose out of the detective's case. He sat on the hood of his car and watched the entire proceedings. He understood on an intellectual level about not being unbiased in investigating what happened to his partner. He knew things inside that house were... very damaging to his friend's reputation, especially if it turned out to really be what he thought it was.

Paul really hoped that it wasn't. He heard shoes on pavement long before he heard them speak.

“Hello, Paul.” A woman's voice said from not far behind him.

“Oh, geez.” Paul sighed and turned his head to look at Detective Tanner. “They let you off your leash?”

Detective Tanner shrugged. In fact, they needed the manpower and she was told she was being very closely watched as she resumed her duties. She walked over to him and then leaned against the front of his normal car and propped one leg up to keep her balance. She did not miss the fact that he looked right at her ass as she did it, which was why she did it.

Use the tools you have access to. Detective Tanner thought. “Relax, Paul.”

Paul sighed. “Is there a reason you're not calling me officer?”

“I'm trying to make the point that I'm not here for the case. I'm here as a friend.”

Paul gave her a skeptical look for a moment, then sighed again and waved at the house. “This is a huge fucking mess, Olivia.”

“I know. It's already all over the station.” Detective Tanner said. “I'm sorry.”

Paul huffed. “Yeah.” He said. “IA is already breathing down my neck about 'what I know'.”

“Don't mind them.” Detective Tanner said. “Mostly bark and a little bite.”

Paul had to chuckle at the altered phrase of 'all bark and no bite'. “What the hell am I going to do?”

“You mean we.” Detective Tanner said and he gave her wide eyes. “I'm thinking we both have a vested interest to find out what happened here.”

“I thought you said you weren't here for the case.” Paul said, almost angrily.

“I'm not.” Detective Tanner said and tentatively reached out with her hand. She rested it on his and his wide eyes returned, bigger than ever. “I've been... a little naughty by doing my own personal investigation of whom I believe is a suspect in two murders.”

Paul sighed for a third time. “IA didn't tell you to stop looking at the Strickland kid?”

“Tell me to stop?” Detective Tanner smiled. “They approved an undercover op to look into his activities while he's at home from college.”

“Jesus.” Paul whispered. “Are you serious? Are they serious?”

Detective Tanner nodded and pat his hand, then took her hand back, because she didn't want to seem too friendly. Guys always seemed to get the wrong idea when they thought you were.

“I only managed to get a little dirt on him personally and not... criminally. Unfortunately.” Detective Tanner said, because she knew that she could never mention what actually happened. She would lose all credibility if anyone found out she had sex with Arnold, consensual or not. She would be ostracized further if they knew she actually really liked it.

She felt herself contract down below and successfully ignored it. She hadn't even told Mark that she wanted him to do the same things to her, because she was too embarrassed about the whole thing to ask him for a blow by blow replay. She really wanted it blow by blow and she would never ask him for it. Never.

“What's the kid been doing personally?” Paul asked, actually curious.

“Nearly every girl that moves.” Detective Tanner said, a little disgusted.

“What? Really?” Paul perked up at that. “I'd ask how you found out; but, girls gossip about stuff like that even more than guys do, right?”

“We're a lot more discrete about it.” Detective Tanner said to cover up her own guilt. She couldn't quite stop her face from flushing a little red, though.

Paul smiled at her and wondered what she had been doing with the new recruit she was dating, then his mind snapped back to reality. “I don't see how any of this concerns a college kid.”

“No?” Detective Tanner asked with a sly smile. “Don't you remember the shouting matches a while ago that Charlie and I had with the chief?”

Paul went quiet for several minutes. “No, that... it was kind of his fault for not informing the victims right away, but...” He fell silent as he thought about the whole thing.

“Let me add some fuel to that budding fire.” Detective Tanner said and leaned in close. “The leader of the group that skated on the vandalism is dead.”

Paul blinked his eyes. “He was... caught...”

“...mid-rape and murdered.” Detective Tanner said. “A little convenient, wasn't it?”

“Convenient? How would...”

“Arnold was home that weekend.” Detective Tanner said. “It took me a lot of personal time and digging to find out that a bunch of teenagers have little discrete parties every few weeks, part way down the service road along the power lines.” She said. “Guess what was going on while Brad was only a few hundred feet away on the access road where the service truck was parked?”

“Are you kidding me?” Paul asked, his voice angry. “There was a bunch of teenagers that close to the murder scene and no one mentioned it?”

Detective Tanner shrugged. “It was ruled self-defense and covered up. There was no real need to ask more questions than that.”

“You did.” Paul said.

Detective Tanner nodded. “I already had Arnold pegged as a suspect in his own father's accident and...”

“WHAT?!?” Paul yelled and a few people turned to look at them. “Let's take this somewhere else.”

“Of course.” Detective Tanner said and hid her smile as she went back to her car, then she followed Paul to wherever he wanted to lead her.

If she could convince him with her circumstantial evidence, as skeptical as Paul was normally, then he could be a huge asset in bringing Arnold to justice. She really regretted not being able to do anything about the sexual assault she suffered at Arnold's hands and she was going to do everything she could to get him some other way.

Detective Tanner felt herself contract between her legs again. It seemed to have a tendency to do that when she thought about what Arnold did to her. She sighed and ignored it again, then resolved to never think about having that wonderful penis used so skillfully on her that she squealed.

Stop thinking about it! Detective Tanner thought angrily, then it contracted again as if begging for it. Goddammit.

*

“Do you have anything planned for us this afternoon?” Arnold asked his mother when she was done watching her shows.

“Only you making that barbecue pit for us.” Annie said with a smile. “Those steaks I bought are going to taste so great on an open flame.”

“Tomorrow.” Arnold said and she laughed.

“Yes, I know. I'll start prepping the vegetables while you work.” Annie said.

Arnold got up from her lap and walked towards the front door.

“You better change into some old clothes first.” Annie said. “And be careful.”

“Changing clothes?” Arnold asked, a little confused.

Annie laughed again and walked over to him. “No, working with the bricks. Wear the work gloves we bought when you were working for Claire, too.” She took his hands and rubbed them. “You need to protect these fingers as much as possible.” She looked into his eyes and in the back of her mind, she liked that she had to look up slightly now. “You would be so sad if you couldn't do your work.”

Arnold turned his hands over and cupped her hands to hold them as he nodded. “I love you, Mom.”

“I love you, too.” Annie said and gave him a quick kiss.

Arnold went up the stairs and quickly changed into old clothes, then went out to the car and opened the trunk. It took him several trips to transfer all of the bricks to the backyard. He had taken his mother's advice and worn the gloves and taken his time. He went to the shed and retrieved his trusty shovel, picked a good spot that he knew didn't have any of his hidden specimens in it, then dug out the exact dimensions of the barbecue pit at the cabin.

The bricks he had came with a small lip on the bottom and an indent on the top, which made them stackable. He easily made the outer dimensions and added both the underlining and then the large rack that spanned the whole thing. He added the rest of the bricks and it was finished.

The whole process only took him two hours. When he stood up straight and took off his gloves, he felt small hands go around his waist and his mother's arms hugged him from behind.

“That was amazing.” Annie said, impressed that he had completed it so quickly. “You're barely even sweating.”

“You told me to be careful.” Arnold said and turned around in her arms. “I still need a shower.”

Annie leaned in and pressed her nose to the edge of his armpit and took in several sniffs. “Actually, that's not too bad.” She said and looked up at him with a crooked smile. “Just in case you're wondering, that's also not too good.”

Arnold smiled back and Annie chuckled.

“I approve of your shower request.” Annie grinned at him. “I'll have the rice done by the time you are.”

“Okay.” Arnold said and put the shovel and work gloves back into the shed. The smell of a specimen had almost disappeared and he popped open the container for a moment, then shut and locked the shed. He went inside and had his shower, then came downstairs and supper was ready. He and his mother ate the food and cleaned up the kitchen after doing the dishes.

Arnold's pocket beeped at him and he took out his cell phone. “Leann says she's not busy again tonight.”

“Just her again?” Annie asked. “I wonder what the others are doing?”

Arnold typed on the phone. “Sarah and Tanya are with their boyfriends and Francine wants to come along.”

“Well, at least it won't be just the two of you.” Annie said. “Go ahead and tell them you accept. I need to head to bed early after such a long day, anyway.”

“Okay.” Arnold said and sent the text. “They'll be here to pick me up in a few minutes.”

Annie chuckled. “How much do you want to bet that they were waiting down the street for you to accept?”

“A thousand dollars.” Arnold said.

Annie burst out laughing. “I'm not taking that outrageous bet! I need that money!” She said and gave him a hug. “I'll see you later if I'm up. If I'm not, I'll see you in the morning.”

“Okay.” Arnold said and left the kitchen and went to the front door of the house. He opened it just as a nice car pulled over to the curb. He grabbed a light jacket and put it on as he walked over to the car.

“I'm glad you're not busy.” Leann said as Arnold climbed into the back seat. “Francine and I...”

“...really enjoy your company.” Francine said. “I'm tempted to go to the hotel again; but, I promised my girlfriend that I would take her to my place.”

Leann's face flushed a little red and turned to look at Arnold. “She means me.”

“Okay.” Arnold said.

Leann gave Francine a look that said, 'I told you so'. Francine nodded slightly and then drove them part way across the city to her place. It was in a medium high rise building and on the twentieth floor.

“I thought you would own a nice house or something.” Leann said as they stepped out of the elevator.

“I do own it.” Francine said with a smile and took out her keys and opened her apartment door.

“You own an apartment? I thought you could only rent?” Leann asked and then gasped when she saw the inside of her girlfriend's apartment. “It's like a mansion!”

Francine shut the door behind them. “It's about a quarter of the whole floor, so it's a lot of square footage.”

“Wow!” Leann said as she kicked off her shoes and walked into the plush living room. “My girlfriend is rich!”

Francine laughed softly and led them to a closet to hang up their coats. “I'm only modestly wealthy. I barely have anything to spend my salary on, since I spend most of my time at the museum.” She said and led them across the living room to the view out the side of the building. “All that money just sits there and builds and builds. After a while, it just becomes a bunch of numbers.”

Leann looked out at the skyline and was glad that she had the opportunity to meet such a nice person.

“Arnold, Leann and I have already eaten.” Francine said. “Do you want something...”

“I had supper.” Arnold said and stood beside Leann. All he saw was buildings and cars. The great view and the majesty of the city was completely lost on him.

“Well, then.” Francine was at a bit of a loss for words and wasn't sure how to proceed. “Should we... perhaps... go...”

“Arnold.” Leann said and turned to him. “We... Franny and I... want to have sex with you again.”

“Okay.” Arnold said and started to strip off.

“In the bedroom!” Francine said and waved in the right direction.

Leann giggled at her girlfriend being flustered, then she went to her and took her hand. “I told you that Arnold was straightforward. You just have to ask.” She smiled. “I did, and look what happened.”

Francine let out a sigh. “I may be calm and composed at work from years of experience; but, when it comes to matters of the heart, I am but a babe in the woods.”

Leann was a bit surprised at that, then she remembered what she said when they had broken up with Todd. “I agree with Arnold. We've been in bed together twice and I didn't feel any bones.” She said. “Todd was definitely doing it wrong.”

Francine smiled and put her arms around Leann and hugged her. “Now that I have you and Arnold to compare it to, he barely did it at all, let alone wrong.”

Leann tried not to laugh, then she couldn't help it. “After being with Arnold, that's so true!”

The two of them walked towards the bedroom, arms around each other, and weren't surprised when they saw Arnold was completely naked and already hard. What did surprise them, was what he did.

Arnold walked over to them and took Francine's hand. “You first.”

Leann stood there and watched as Francine was carefully and tenderly stripped naked, then laid onto the bed. She realized that she was seeing exactly what Francine had seen the last time and she had no idea how Francine had resisted going over and joining in. She walked over to the bed, shed her clothing along the way, then climbed onto the bed and kissed her girlfriend.

77