Chapter 47 – Spilled Beans
1.5k 27 68
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Huh? You wanna know how my confession to Otto went? Well, if it’s just that, I guess I can help you out, even though I’m not really obligated to after what you did just now.”

Lucia said while glaring at Ameil and handing me one of the three warm bowls of meat stew that she had presumably gotten from her Abjuration professor. 

“Thank you for understanding...”

“Alright so, essentially my confession was just me saying that I liked him and wanted to get to know him better.”

“…And?”

“That’s it.”

“That’s all it was?”

Ameil asked, incredulously.

“Well, yeah? What were you expecting?”

“I just kinda thought there was a bit more to it...”

“Why would there be?”

“…”

“Like I said before, Ameil. You don’t have to do anything crazy for your confession, as long as you get your point across.”

I chimed in after taking a sip of the meat stew that I was given.

Which was a bit saltier than I expected but still pretty good nonetheless.

“I guess that means that all this time I’ve just been worrying about stuff that I shouldn’t have even thought about in the first place...”

Ameil said, while sinking in his seat.

“Anyhow, who’s this girl that you’re planning on confessing to?”

“Why do you ask?”

“Well, you’re always asking me about my personal life, so it’s only fair that I’m allowed to ask you about yours, right?”

“She’s got you there.”

I said with a bit of a wry smile on my face.

“But… It's embarrassing.”

“How do you think I felt when you interrogated me about Otto the first time you saw him?”

Lucia said with annoyance evident in her tone.

“Fine, the person that I’m thinking of confessing to is… Anne.”

The moment Ameil uttered those words, Lucia and I just became silent in disbelief for a couple of seconds.

“Wait… is this the same Anne that you’ve known since you were a toddler?”

“Yeah.”

“The same Anne who’s been inviting you to go with her everywhere since she’s gained the ability to walk?” 

“Yeah.”

“The same Anne who’s had a crush on you since you guys were in middle school?” 

“Ye- wait… what?”

“Did you seriously not know? That girl has essentially been throwing herself at you the day that you guys met.”

Lucia said before sighing a little.

Then she proceeded to slide over the last bowl of stew to Ameil.

“…Do you think that she might’ve reconsidered since I’ve made her wait this long for a confession?” 

Ameil asked, before unwrapping his bowl of stew and taking a sip out of it.

“Does she still go out of her way to meet with you everyday?” 

“Yeah?”

“Then no, she hasn’t lost interest.”

“I see…”

“Now, if you don’t have any other questions, do you mind getting out of my dorm room? That is, unless you wanna stick around to see me and Otto get a bit more intimate in a couple minutes.”

Lucia remarked while finishing up her stew and gesturing towards the door. 

In response, Ameil just nodded hastily with a bit of an unsavory look on his face before leaving the dorm.

And the moment he left, Lucia let out a big sigh after lying down on my lap.

“It’s times like these that make me question whether or not that idiot truly has a brain in that skull of his.”

Lucia said before stretching her arms a little.

“Maybe the hints he’s getting really are just too vague for him to understand?”

I asked tentatively.

“If you’ve seen the girl that he’s planning to confess to on a daily basis, you’d know for a fact that’s wrong.”

“Do you personally see her everyday?”

“Well, not everyday but I tend to see her at least once a week and trust me when I say that her hints are not at all vague.”

Lucia said before grabbing ahold of my tie.

“Anyway, after you finish your dinner, do you mind staying for the rest of the night again and snuggling with me?’”

“Didn’t I say before that I’d be alright staying over here anytime you ask?”

“Probably, but it never hurts to be extra sure.”

Lucia remarked with a bit of a content expression on her face before simply watching me slurp up the rest of my stew.

“Is it good?”

“Yeah, I’ve had this stuff a lot back home, it tastes just like it.”

I replied before setting aside my empty bowl.

“That reminds me, where are you from exactly, Otto?”

Lucia asked curiously.

Uh oh.

“Ah… I don’t know if you’d believe me if I told you.”

“Try me.”

“A different world entirely…?”

I said nervously.

“Oh, so you’re a maro?”

“A what?”

“It’s a word for someone who comes from a different universe.”

“I see… wait this has happened so many times that there’s a word for it?”

“Nah, it’s just a folktale. Well, it was anyway. Now I know that it’s not.”

“Wait, hold on a minute, you’re gonna believe me just like that?”

I asked incredulously. 

“Well, yeah. I trust you, and besides you being from a completely different world would explain why you know less about this world then the average toddler.”

“Hah, I guess so… so um, what now?”

“What do you mean?”

“I dunno, like now that you know I’m from a different world, do you see me differently or something?”

“Nah, not really. You’re still the same old loveable Otto to me.”

Lucia said with a bright smile on her face.

In turn, I simply just sighed.

“Though, now that I know you’re from a different world, there is one question that I’d like to ask.”

“What’s that?”

“…Do you wanna go back?”

“Nope.”

I said without any hesitation.

“Hah, was the world you came from that dreary?”

“No… it’s just that if I went back, I wouldn’t be able to see you anymore.”

I said while gently scratching the left side of my face.

In response, Lucia simply just rubbed her eyes a little before burying her face into my chest.

“…Fuck, you’re gunna make me cry, Otto and I look like shit whenever I cry.”

Lucia said, while trying her best to hold in her tears. 

In response, I just stayed silent with a somber expression on my face while gently patting her head.

68