Chapter 48 – Pillow Talk
1.3k 19 65
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After Lucia stopped crying, the two of us got washed up and then proceeded to go to bed.

Then we resumed talking about the world that I had originally come from.

“So, you’re telling me that there was no magic at all in your previous world… how did anything ever even get done?”

Lucia said while wrapping her arms around my waist.

“Well, instead of using magic to fix most of our problems, we just had people invent devices using stuff like electricity to fix them.”

“Electricity, huh? Like the stuff that comes out of the sky during a thunderstorm or out of the wands of some offensive mages?”

“Yup.”

“Interesting, I could’ve sworn that the only thing that you could really do with that sort of stuff is hurt people with it.”

“I feel like that’s kinda just your first thought when it comes to everything.”

“Hey, I don’t look at everything with that in mind, just most things.”

“What’s the difference?” 

“Discretion, I guess.”

Lucia replied before wrapping her legs around mine.

“Anyway, what else is different about this world compared to your old one?”

“Hmm… honestly, the only thing I can really think of is the world’s technology, other than that, I’d say that my life is pretty much the same.

“Are you sure?”

“Hm… well, I guess my parents aren’t here but that doesn’t really change much. After all, in my previous world they barely even looked at me.”

“Ah… I’m sorry to hear that.”

“It’s alright, because now I have you.”

“Are you sure that’s enough? These are your parents we’re talking about...”

Lucia said, slightly dejected.

“I mean, you’re gonna be my wife one day right? So I’m pretty sure that you outrank them.”

I said, trying to lighten up the mood.

“Why the hell do you still remember that?”

Lucia replied with a hint of annoyance present in her tone.

“How could I forget your marriage proposal? I’m not that cruel.”

“You…you… ah forget it! And here I was feeling sorry for you.”

Lucia said with a bit of a pouty expression on her face.

“Yeah, yeah.”

I replied while pulling Lucia a little bit closer to me.

“Oh right, that reminds me. Lucia, this weekend when we meet your parents, should I mention that I’m not from this world or keep it a secret?”

“Why are you asking me? Shouldn’t that be up to you?”

“I guess you have a point… but I’d still like to hear your opinion.” 

“If that’s the case, then I’d say that you should tell them. They’ll probably barrage you with questions for the rest of the night but that was par for the course anyway.”

“Why do you say that?”

“You’re the first person I’ve ever brought home, not to mention the fact that you’re also my first boyfriend.” 

“…I’m starting to have second thoughts on this whole meeting with your parents thing.”

“Don’t make me drag you all the way there.”

Lucia said, somewhat menacingly.

“As if you don’t already drag to all the places you feel like going to.”

“That just makes the threat all the more credible.” 

“Then it looks like I’m going whether or not I like it… hah, reminds me of the first time that we met.” 

I said, slightly nostalgic.

“By the way, where do your parents live?”

“They live in the mountains.” 

“…And how exactly are we gonna get there?”

“By carriage, there’s a dirt path that leads up there.”

“Is the trail safe?”

“For the most part, yeah. Though, there was this one time when me and Ameil had to fight off some sort of enchanted snowman in order to get home… which went about as you’d expect.”

“Let me guess, you set that monster on fire and defeated it in less than five minutes?”

“I’m pretty sure it was harder for me to get out of bed that morning than deal with that thing.”

“Who could’ve known that your greatest weakness was waking up on the wrong side of the bed?”

“And luckily for me, since I no longer have to deal with that type of stuff, I’m basically invincible now. After all, how could I possibly wake up on the wrong side of the bed when my darling boyfriend is in the same bed as me?”

“…And you say that I’m cheesy.”

“This is just payback for you reminding me about what happened the other day… besides, even in the dark I can still see that your face is getting a bit red right now.”

“…”

“It seems that you’re weak to pet names.”

“Please just be quiet…”

“Aw, what’s wrong darling, can’t handle my affection?” 

Lucia said with a wry smile visible on her face.

Honey, if you keep doing things like this, you’re going to drive me insane.”

I said, while trying my best not to die of embarrassment.

“I don't know what you’re talking about, darling.” 

Lucia replied, before kissing me on the neck.

“Oi… that’s not fair.”

“All is fair in love and war, right?”

Lucia asked while giving me another kiss on the neck.

“And hey, would you look at that, your eyes are getting fuzzy now. Which when combined with your face being hotter than a stove, means that I win right?” 

“If I admit defeat, will you please stop trying to give me a heart attack?”

I said, trying my best to avoid eye contact with Lucia.

Something, which was functionally impossible, due to how close the two of us currently were.

“Mhmm.”

“I yield.”

“Good.”

Lucia said happily before putting her head on top of my chest.

“Hah, just when I got used to you rubbing against my neck, you pulled this stunt.”

“It’s no fun teasing you, if you don’t get flustered.”

“What kind of logic is that?”

“Mine.”

“Figures.”

“Anyhow, we should probably go to sleep now, it’s almost midnight.” 

Lucia said while looking at the clock in the center of her room. 

“Don’t we usually always stay up past 2 whenever we sleep together, though?”

“Just because we do something a lot, doesn’t mean that it’s healthy for us, dummy.” 

“Whatever.”

I said before gently resting my right hand on Lucia’s back and closing my eyes.

In turn, Lucia snuggled up a bit closer to me and then did the same.

65