Chapter 1 – Reincarnation
12.5k 27 306
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I had just picked up a dating sim called Kastle High for a friend of mine when a stray meteorite crashed into the right side of my head.

And now I guess I’m somehow inside said dating sim world?

As the place that is currently in front of me is a 1 to 1 replica of the school building on the cover of the game. It was essentially what you’d expect to see if you combined a high school with an ostentatious castle. 

Wait hold on does this mean that if I had died accidentally with a novel in my hands I could’ve gone to that world?

Man this is gonna be the last time I’ll ever leave home without a book on me.

Well at least I don’t have to be in any honors classes or be on the soccer team anymore.

And it’s not like I have any unfinished business in my previous life either.

So being in a dating sim world can’t possibly be that bad right? 

I was then forcibly wrenched from my thoughts by loud clanging noises that were coming from a belltower.

After being snapped out of my stupor, on a whim I lined up behind a random crowd of students in hazel uniforms who seemed to be going toward what looked to be the office of this place. 

Moreover, a good chunk of them seemed to be donning weapons or weird looking trinkets.

Due to standing around in the line for a while I came to realize that everyone had such colorful hair to the point where you would stand out if you had normal-ish colored hair.

Weirdly enough I also didn’t seem to be an exception to this rule. As the brown hair I used to have had been replaced by a shade of purple, which unfortunately also happens to be my least favorite color.

Which also meant that I wasn’t a part of the main cast, as no one with purple hair was on the cover of the game. 

Anyway eventually it was my turn to do whatever people were supposed to when they got to the front of the line.

In front of me there was an old and tired looking guy who was leaning against a counter.

Who, after a few seconds of waiting for me to say or do anything at all said in an annoyed tone.

“Name and identification documents please.”

“Uh Otto Williams and as for documents.”

When I fumbled and rustled through my pockets for a few seconds, I somehow found some folded up documents, some even had my name scribbled on. 

“Alright one moment please.”

After saying that, the guy scanned my documents with some magical looking orb and handed it back to me, while having a grimmer expression on his face than before.

What’s his problem? I thought while I was walking away.

A few minutes later, after taking a quick glance at the documents for the first time I figured out why his expression was like that.

“Oh come on.”

The documents contained basically everything there was to know about me, excluding personal information such as my home address.

And among the information that the papers chronicled, was my aptitude for magic and combat.

I had a 0 in the magic power stat, and a 1 in the combat power stat…

Well, I guess it’s not like I would’ve really done much with op combat or magic abilities even if I had them.

Also wait, why are there combat and magic stats in a dating sim game?

More importantly though, by looking at the documents, I found out where my dorm room was, that I was currently the same age as I was before I died, a freshman, and someone who didn’t choose what class to be in yet.

A few minutes later, the bells rang again and it appeared that this time it was trying to summon everyone to the main hall.

Well that’s what I assumed anyway as everyone seemed to be heading there when it rang.

When I eventually got there, the place was filled with a bunch of cacophonous noises. 

The fact that the area was basically the size of two gymnasiums didn’t help.

Luckily that didn’t last long, as a few seconds later someone who looked to be the headmaster of this place motioned for everyone to shut up.

Due to arriving a bit later than everyone else, my seat ended up being more towards the back of the room. 

Not that it really mattered though as besides him mentioning that freshman had to pick between an artisan, combat, or magic course by the end of the day, nothing really interesting came out of the headmaster’s mouth.

After the headmaster’s long winded speech about the school’s history or whatever, everyone was dismissed. 

The moment everyone left the room, recruiters from every class scrambled to try and get freshmen to join their class.

It became very apparent to me that the artisan, combat and magic courses had subdivisions.

A few minutes later, a flier on the ground that was trampled over caught my eye.

It was for an artisan course that was titled calligraphy. From the description, I garnered that…this was just cursive with extra steps.

I’ve never felt so thankful for the fact that I was forced to take handwriting lessons in middle school. 

Guess mom was right, it did come in handy later in life.

Why the hell did Kastle High have a class that specializes only in improving the handwriting of kids? 

Who knows? Who cares!

All that really matters is the fact that if I join the class I could just coast for the next 4 years here and have lots of time to read whatever novels this world has.

And to sweeten the deal even more, the class didn’t even have stat requirements like most of the other ones.

After internally celebrating about that for a few seconds, I eagerly went over to the recruitment location indicated by the flier after figuring that out and then well signed up.

Apparently according to the recruiter they had never seen someone so excited to join the class.

And after getting the schedule from them I was left with lots of free time for the rest of the day as school made it so classes didn’t start until tomorrow, to let the new students get settled in.

The first thing I did when I found that out was go check out my dormitory. 

Then I went to the nearest library, which didn’t take too much time. As conveniently there was a library connected to my dormitory.

It was a relatively well kept place. Bookshelves filled every ounce of the space that wasn’t taken up by medium sized chairs and the giant long table in the middle of the room, which also meant that even though it was daytime, torches needed to be fitted to every corner of the room.

The rest of the day I spent inside the library reading a bunch of books and most of them were actually pretty good. 

One novel that was especially good was called Metal and Maelstroms. Glad I didn’t just dismiss it as some scholarly text.

It was about the relationship that a metal golem and a water elemental were able to foster, despite the obvious problems that would come with such a relationship.

Eventually day turned to night and I ended up falling asleep in the library, too tired to really want to walk back to my dorm. Fortunately for me this school didn’t seem to have a curfew system or if it did, it was ineffective.

And well, that was basically the end of the first day of my new life.

306