Chapter 23: Strike Team part 3
1.2k 25 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I had awoken to a strange scene I was completely naked, I couldn’t remember shit from the night before, I was chained to my bed and both Ada and Midnight were sleeping beside me. ‘System what the fuck happened to me’ I groaned as I bit through the chains. Ada and Midnight both stirred slightly as the noise I made was slightly loud.

Don’t worry Host you just got super drunk, nearly killed a guy then passed out. Midnight had to carry you home you’re naked because you did it yourself. Midnight is in your bed because she’s your wife, Ada is here to give you your punishment and your chained to the bed because they didn’t want you to escape.

I quietly sneaked down the stairs and got dressed ‘I don’t need to Lionesses waking up just yet’ I felt like I would regret this decision later. “Pst Zero It’s time to go buddy” I tapped my knees slightly and my little rabbit bounded towards me. I picked her up and silently opened the door with my tail and then quietly closed it before legging it. 

I arrived at my Laundromat ‘so I have six hours before I need to kill the Strike teams’. I quickly got into my lab and placed down Zero ‘System what’s in the shop today.’ I smiled at the list and purchased the Red Queen starter pack and the Broken Butterfly Magnum. The starter pack set me back by 4,000 RE points whilst the Magnum set me back by a 1,500 RE points. It was the six chambered model but at least it came with a full chamber and 2 additional chambers worth of Magnum bullets. 

I read the description for the Red Queen starter set.

Thank you for purchasing the Red Queen starter set. You must be thinking was this even worth the purchase price and yes, yes it was.

What do I get in this set?

In this set you get:
The Red Queen AI system
1 corridor laser trap
8 hidden Cameras 
8 holographic projection systems
2 special pocket dimension doors
Genius Level: Coding and Hacking 

The doors, cameras and hologram units were easily to install as a small window opened up conforming where I wanted them to be placed. The knowledge I had to absorb was immensely painful and I nearly passed out from it. When I clicked to claim the Red Queen AI system a small server like device emerged in the corner of the lab. Then A bright red figure appeared in front of me “Systems online… Software fully integrated… Red Queen protocol activated… Red Queen Online”. 

Red Queen

The bright red figure had the appearance of a little girl “What is are your objectives?” I asked the figure.

“Protect Umbrella Corporation assets and interest” I smiled as she said this.

“Good and are you aware of what you are?” She nodded simply. “Good, good I have high expectations of you Queen”.

“I will not disappoint you“ and with that she disappeared and I took a look at the door which led to the pocket dimension. It was a heavy metal door like the ones you would see in a bunker. I opened it and saw a long corridor with glass walls, I had placed a camera and a hologram system in here along with the laser corridor trap. The other door was in the warehouse and I smiled “Red Queen you have control of the current security measures for this facility.”

“Affirmative sir, also sir you have a call incoming from your wife” I looked at my phone and saw that the screen had Red Queens face on it. “I took the liberty of installing myself onto your phone for ease and convenience”. I decided not to question it and I simply answered the call.

“Hello” I said meekly as I braced myself.

“Don’t you Hello me I was just put on hold by someone girl calling herself your assistant.” I glared at the nearest camera before returning my attention to the call. “Have you got a girl over there” I heard the anger in her voice.

“No, no She is just my virtual assistant an AI I developed to help manage the security of the company”.

Pov Ada Wong

“You better have a good reason why you had to make the AI a girl” I peaked my head into the kitchen and saw Midnight pacing. “Don’t give me the I don’t want to be sexist speech” I heard a muffled voice “well if you weren’t trying to be sexist you would’ve made the AI a man”. I heard the muffled voice again and I started to much on my toast. 

“What do you mean you’ll be back later, that’s it I coming over” I saw Midnight face twist in anger slightly. “Well why don’t you want to spend time with your wife” I heard some more of the muffled voice. “Well i’m sure your new fancy AI can handle any business matters for a single day”.

“Well It’s either you het your butt home right now or I come over and drag you back!” I kept eating my toast as the conversation unfolded.

I heard Midnight hang up and she came back into the living room “So whats happened?”

“So important work matter came up, but he says his new female AI can handle it so he’s coming home” I chuckled slightly.

“Are you getting jealous of a machine?” I saw her face flutter.

“No I’m mad he disappears without a word after all the effort we did to keep him here.” I patted her on the head and sighed.

“You know what we should do when he gets back?”

“What?”

“We should make him suffer for leaving” I started to whisper in her ear and an evil smile appeared on her face.

Pov 3rd person Location on the Helicarrier

“Listen up ladies and gentlemen in four hours we will be initiating Operation Nest Invasion” Nick Fury was addressing a small crowd of twenty four people. “Our target is this man” a picture of Luke Valentine appeared on the screen. “He is to be taken alive but if he doesn’t come quietly you have permission to use lethal force”. He handed the control to Black Widow an a few of the men looked at her boobs like complete morons.

“This target is considered highly dangerous as we expect him to be responsible for the arena attack orchestrated by Hydra.” She pressed a button and the picture changed “we will have three teams Alpha, Beta and Gamma. Alpha will enter the sewers and try to see if there is a hidden way into a suspected secret lab. Beta will enter the warehouse and look for clues but beware we lost an agent because of a monster. And finally Gamma will travel to the target’s house and apprehend anyone there”.

Everyone went to check their equipment and Black Widow went to her team. Chris was trying to chat up Maria Hill which wasn’t going well. Leon was polishing his gun and Albert was on the phone. “So we’re finally doing this” Jill said with a serious look on her face. 

“Yeah we are make sure you’re well equipped we don’t know what we’ll encounter in that sewer.” Leon stopped polishing his gun and looked at Jill “and make sure you aim for the head, I don’t want to lose anyone else.”

“I appreciate the thought but it’s going to take more than some shambling corpses from stopping me.” Jill was loading a Serbu Super-Shorty she cocked it menacingly and glared at Leon. 

“Well Leon is right we need to be careful we have no idea what Luke could have waiting for us.” Black Widow was checking her guns and looking at the other teams. 

Pov Harvey Dent

The charity ball was in full swing with music food and drink. I casually stood in the corner watching the main focus of attention flaunt around like a swan. ‘Bruce Wayne playboy billionaire’ a waitress interrupted my thoughts by othering me a drink. I took it and quickly drank it I spotted Gordon walking towards me. “Hi Jim” James nodded at me and got a glass of wine before meeting me.

“How’s it going Harvey” I sighed slightly as I looked on.

“Well I’m wasting my time at some fundraiser that some rich asshole put together just to show how rich he is”” Gordon shook his head slightly.

“Lighten up Harvey it’s for a good cause”

“What cause is it this time save the puppies” I heard Gordon laugh.

“No it’s ah” Gordon quickly took out a leaflet “It’s for the refurbishment of the Gotham Cathedral.”

“Pst so it’s for nothing” My face twisted in anger “we are losing good and honest officers to mobsters and psychos in masks and we’re trying to raise money for a cathedral.” I shook my head as I finished my drink “mark my words Gordon something will happen that the Bat can’t solve by beating its face into submission”.

“Well good friend let’s hope it never gets to that” Gordon turned around to gaze out of one of the windows. “I took this job to try to help the city Harvey and I feel like us normal officers are just not enough.”

Should Luke Valentine have a romantic relationship with his offspring (please vote no)
  • Yes (please don’t pick this option) Votes: 14 41.2%
  • No Votes: 20 58.8%
Total voters: 34 · This poll was closed on Aug 6, 2023 11:33 PM.
43