Chapter 7: Skills and Perks
270 3 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

***I don't own Elder Scrolls series.***

Hi so this is Guywithsense and i am trying my hand at writing a fanfiction, as it will be a good practice for my original. Hope you enjoy it and constructive criticism is encouraged.

"Speech", 'thought'MENU


Next [Skills], he exited the [Magic] MENU and chose the [Skills] Menu...

It showed him colourful sky filled with stars, that formed constellations and that formed a stars that are perks of skills.

After staying transfixed and looking at the colourful constellation in a daze, he focused, At the start as to not get overwhelmed, 'Alright info mode on' [Skills]: It represent the ability of characters to perform actions in this world and the development of each is tracked separately. 'pretty simple I suppose.'  Dustin understood before about skills but having read the description he feels it increased his understanding a bit. Let's See the next one.'There are 18 skills in total in game but I seem to have 20 currently.' dustin looked in suprise.

[Skill points] are a measure of how proficient the User (or any other character in the world) is at these skills. Increasing them not only improves the actions performed (e.g., more points in the One-Handed skill increase the damage done in attack actions using such weapons, and a higher Lockpicking skill makes the lockpicking minigame easier) but also grants access to perks that may be learned upon leveling up. Also, when a certain level is reached in some skills, guards and other people will comment on it.

'I think it would take a hell lot of time, to go over them one by one', so Dustin categorised his skills to understand them better.

By class archetype,

'All 18 skills can be grouped into 3 distinct categories based on the three guardian signs' :

 
The Mage The Warrior The Thief
  • Illusion Level 10
  • Conjuration Level 10
  • Destruction(New) Level 11
  • Restoration Level 10
  • Alteration Level 1o
  • Enchanting Level 10
  • Smithing Level 20
  • Heavy Armor Level 15
  • Block Level 15
  • Two-Handed Level 15
  • One-Handed Level 20
  • Archery(New) Level 19
  • Light Armor Level 20
  • Sneak Level 15
  • Lockpicking Level 10
  • Pickpocket Level 15
  • Speech(New) Level 17
  • Alchemy Level 15

These were only the class wise [Skills], he had 2 more. "I am confident in my knowledge about the three class archetype skills and their perks, but these two I have never seen, and must be my transmigration add-ons." he looked at the new ones.

[Skill Creation (New)] Level 2, [Magika Manipulation(New)] Level 10 

He had the memory of agmaer and knew the guy wasn't trained in The Mage class yet, or the Warrior for that matter except his pa showing him some moves and that one time he killed a road block wolf attacking travellers, and as for the thief he practiced alchemy by himself, despite living close to windhelm he rarely visited the city, but the times he did he used the alchemy table in the back side of the market street to mess with [salt pile] and few other and learned to make an [Iron dagger] and [Hide Helmet]  from Oengul War-Anvil the local blacksmith and his childhood friend Hermir Strong-Heart.

'And it's so odd to see the city from agmaer's memory as if I have been there, I would have doubted my sanity if not for making plans to survive and get stronger driving me off the topic.'

"Now, what are these new skills, not complaining though, it's at least better to have transmigration add-ons than not I suppose." he shrugged and looked at their Description.

[Skill Creation (New)]: This is a unique skill that help user transition and help in making skills.

Perk 1{Goblin}[Condition Level 10]: Help create skills and understand faster.

Perk 2{Hob-Goblin}[Condition Level 20]: After encountering an unknown skill by the user, he have 70% chance of learning it.

Perk 3{Oni} [Condition Level 45]: User can change the perks of the Created skills from the system option.

Perk 4{Titan}[Condition Level 65]: User have a chance to create a skill from his Imagination.

Perk 5{Fairy}[Condition Level 90]: User can change the reality effect to large scale influence.

Perk 6 {??}:??

'Holy shit!, WOW! just, wow this brings me to over the moon, this will be grinded and it shall bring me to A new era, God mode here I come' Dustin was jubilant, If it was the real world he would be rolling on his bed laughing and making weird noises. If before seeing this skill he thought he would be hard pressed to survive than after this skill he knew the only thing that could stop him was his carelessness.

After a few minutes of just looking at the perks and imagining it's possibilities he calmed down and snapped out of it, he looked at the first skill he made [Magika Manipulation]: User can feel and control magika.

Perk1{Novice}[No condition]: Spells cost 10% less to cast. Perk 2{intermediate}[Condition Level 20]: Spell cost decrease by 20%. Perk 3{Advanced}[Condition Level 35]: Spell Cost decrease by 40%.

Perk 4{Expert}[Condition Level 50]: Spell cost decrease by 50%. Perk 5{Master}[Condition Level 70]: Spell cost decrease by 60%. Perk 6{Sage}[Condition Level 100]: Spell Cost decrease by 70%.

"I was not expecting much but this skill have incredible potential too. This will be a constant use, in my daily life." Dustin was now far too gone to be shocked by this much, in fact now nothing can shock him, or so he thought. He had wondered what to do with Stat point and Ability points, but before that he focused on the [Perk]:Perks are detailed on the individuals skill pages, along with their requirements. Every time a level is gained, an ability point is granted to spend on a perk. However, points do not need to be used immediately; they can be saved for use later if the user does not have the Skill Level required to have that perk. Most perks will have certain requirements before they can be chosen—for instance, perks after the first point in Shield Wall require a Block level of 20 or higher. High-end perks, such as Shield Charge, require a Block level of 100.

'Skill prerequisites aside, most perks for a given skill depend upon a previously obtained perk. The exception being the starting perk, that must be obtained first in order to obtain any other perks for that skill. The skills of Destruction, Restoration, Alteration, Heavy Armor, Sneak, Lockpicking, Pickpocket, and Speech all have a perk dependency structure that is similar to a rooted tree. Hence the term, perk tree.' Dustin pondered over the mechanics of how these function.

'Some perks in a tree cannot be obtained by looping around another path, after reaching the end of the tree. An example of this is on the Smithing tree. The Daedric Smithing perk, which comes before the Dragon Armor perk, cannot be obtained from the left side of the tree, despite the Dragon Armor perk being visibly joined to the Glass Armor perk.'

That is why he chose to spend 4 ability point on unlocking perks of the following skills,

[One-Handed] Perk 1 {Armsman}(1): One-handed weapons do 20% more damage (+20% per additional rank) || UNLOCKED.

[Destruction] Perk 1 {Novice Destruction}: Cast Novice level Destruction spells for half magicka || UNLOCKED.

[Restoration] Perk 1 {Novice Restoration}: Cast Novice level Restoration spells for half magicka || UNLOCKED.

[Magika Manipulation] Perk 1 {Novice}: Spells cost 10% less to cast || UNLOCKED.

And now he have 4 ap left with 6 Perks UNLOCKED total, 4 he did just now and 3 was done by agmaer before Dustin's took over, they were speech, archery and Light Armor. 

[Speech] Perk 1 {Haggling}: Buying and selling prices are 10% better (+5% per additional rank) || UNLOCKED.

[Archery] Perk 1 {Overdraw}: Bows do 20% more damage (+20% per additional rank) || UNLOCKED.

[Light Armor] Perk 1 {Agile Defender}(1): Increase armor rating for Light Armor by 20% (+20% per additional rank) || UNLOCKED.

'This should be it for now let's rest up and then go meet other members of the group', he exited the screen, and closed his eyes. 


Spoiler

Chapter 8: Dinner and Title.

[collapse]
Announcement
How are you liking it so far. Comment down below.
12