Chapter 4. The Demon Hunter
973 0 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Basic Herbology".

"What is this thing?"

Seeing the book in his hand, Roger couldn't help frowning, and he opened the book with the doubts in his heart.

The realistic herb patterns and detailed herbal characteristics came into view, and he read it patiently, and soon saw some familiar words.

White zinnia, dandelion, rose petals, cascara, blood moss, horn moss, datura.

Roger's eyelids twitched when he saw it. He was so familiar with the names of these herbs. He had collected a lot of them crazily in the game.

A thought popped up in his mind, and holding back the ecstasy in his heart, he pulled out a book again.

"Monster Illustrated Book"

On the cover of the book was a familiar witcher logo, but when he opened the book, there was a blank space in the thick book. After searching from beginning to end, Roger could not find a single picture or word.

Does it mean that the legendary monsters don't exist in this world, or is it just because I haven't met them?

A worry rose in Roger's heart, but soon this worry was replaced by strong curiosity.

He pulled one out again.

"Basic Alchemy Notes"

The content on the cover made him ecstatic. The powerful alchemy in the game world can be called an official bug. If this thing can be used in reality...

But when you open a thick book, there are only words in the beginning, and the rest is blank.

"Does it need to be unlocked?"

Roger seemed to understand something, but he was not disappointed. Even if he was told all the formulas now, if there were no ingredients, no matter how powerful the formula was, it would not work.

Taking a ten thousand step back, even if he was really lucky to make a powerful potion.

But does he dare to drink it? Alchemy potions are all poisonous.

After verifying the conjecture in his heart, Roger was ecstatic. The few books in the study opened a brand new door for him. Following this path, he will definitely gain extraordinary power far beyond ordinary people!

Witcher.

Sorceress Piledriver.

"Um……"

Roger nodded thoughtfully.

As he thought about it, he opened the last book on the shelf.

This book is thinner than other books. After opening it, there is a line of clear characters written on the title page: Nilfgaard's Basic Body Strengthening Technique!

Roger can't wait to flip through it to improve his strength and survivability, which is what he urgently needs now.

"A strong empire is inseparable from a strong army. This is the basic exercise that Nilfgaardian soldiers need to practice before enlisting in the army. Only after completing this exercise and possessing a strong physique can they become qualified soldiers of the empire."

It records a detailed breathing method, combined with special physical skills, which can enhance a person's physical fitness in a very short period of time.

In addition to the body strengthening technique, a basic fighting technique was also introduced later. After looking back, Roger was disappointed that he didn't find the sword technique.

A steel sword and a silver sword.

One to kill and one to slay demons, these are the standard equipment of a demon hunter, but after thinking about it carefully, even if you have practiced swordsmanship, it seems that it is not very useful in this peaceful age.

It's impossible for him to carry two swords everywhere he goes. It is estimated that the police will come to chat with him before he has walked far on the street.

The above is all he gained after opening the study.

"What am I now?"

"A reserve witcher?"

"Will there be more powerful cultivation methods in the future, or even information related to The Trial of Grasses?"

"The demon hunter's powerful perception ability, superhuman physical agility, repair ability and magical seal."

Roger began to look forward to it.

But after the excitement, he quickly became calm. Demon hunters can be said to be a kind of inhuman existence created to fight monsters, and all their abilities are used for fighting.

The monster illustration book on the desktop made Roger vigilant. Thinking about it now, he suddenly felt that the world he was in now might not be as peaceful as it seemed on the surface.

Maybe in the dark, there are hidden...Monsters unknown to ordinary people!

"Is it luck or misfortune to have this ability?"

Helplessly spit out a slot.

Roger began to become greedy again. In the novels he had read in his previous life, many protagonists didn't need to work hard at all. Dad with a system would naturally rise up like a rocket all the way.

But when I came to him, I became miserable. It was not him who had the bug, but his house.

But he can only practice hard by himself.

"Forget it, people's hearts are not enough to swallow elephants."

"Be honest and work hard."

Roger was very pragmatic. He calmed down and glanced through the books in his hand. This time, he found a formula that could be used at this stage in the alchemy notes.

[ Potion of Concentration:

*Toxicity: None.

*Description: After use, it can greatly improve the concentration of the mind and the control of the body, allowing the user to achieve several times or dozens of times the previous learning and training effect in a very short period of time.

*Duration: Depends on the user's mental and physical exhaustion. After the effect of the medicine ends, the user will enter a long-term state of mental laxity.

*Note: It cannot be used when the energy is low. If it is used forcibly, it will cause vomiting, dizziness, and slight hallucinations. ]

"This is literally tailor-made for me!"

Roger slapped his thigh.

When a person is extremely focused, the speed of perceptual control of the body and the absorption of knowledge is far beyond the normal situation.

And this concentration potion, the effect is probably even more domineering.

Of course, its side effects must also be strong.

But these were no problem for Roger.

His only furniture, the wooden bed, has a miraculous effect of restoring energy. As long as you finish using the potion, lie on the bed and sleep, and when you wake up, you can be revived with full blood.

With these two things, when assisting Nilfgaard's body strengthening technique, Roger's progress speed will definitely far exceed imagination!

"However, I need to find the formula herbal medicine that focuses on the potion first."

Roger frowned.

The formula of the concentration potion is not the few herbs he was familiar with before, but some names that he has never touched before, but one of the herbs is green as a whole, and the leaves spread out like petals.

Looking at the patterns in the book, Roger felt as if he had seen them before when he was looking for water sources.

Next, he tried his best to write down the properties and shapes of the other several herbs that were used to synthesize the concentration potion.

Then put all the books on the shelf.

Taking a rag bag and a shovel, he went out into the woods behind him.

Roger is not worried about the secrets of his cabin being discovered by others, because all the things and items in the room that are different from reality are only valid for him.

For others, it's just a crude wooden bed, and the books on the shelves don't exist.

Three hours later, after sweeping the grove behind him, Roger finally gathered all the herbs he needed.

It's just that one of them looks a little different from the one in the herbal medicine illustration book, and I don't know if it will affect the final effect.

Without the corresponding alchemy utensils, he could only set up the pot and try it out.

36