Chapter 15. Kant’s Diary
527 0 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Lighthouse keeper, this may be the best job in the world for me."

"I like this place, the quiet island, the beautiful beach, green everywhere, and the blue sea and sky in the distance, and more importantly, I don't need to touch anyone here."

"This is a place where I am alone."

"I can do whatever I like here."

The first page of the diary should be recorded by Kant when he first became a meteorological surveyor. It can be seen that this kind of work is extremely lonely for others, but he does it like a fish in water.

Even enjoy this kind of life very much.

What follows are some ordinary trivial matters. Kant's work is not hard, but it is very hard. His work is not much, but the most unbearable thing is the protracted loneliness.

He usually has very little time to rest, and he can only return to the nearby small town for a few days a month. At that time, he can have a brief contact with the secular life and replenish supplies by the way.

Maybe you can have a drink and have an indescribable experience with a certain woman in a bleary-eyed state.

Without that day, maybe the peace would never be broken.

"God, not long ago, I even thought my heart would jump out of my chest, but a woman took the initiative to strike up a conversation with me, what's her name..."

"Yes, Ivy!"

"What a beautiful name, just like herself."

Day 2.

"What the hell, I actually took a day off and didn't return to the island. I went to the bar last night again. Why?"

"Do I want to see her again?"

"I drank wine all night, but unfortunately, she never showed up again. I will return to the island tomorrow, and the next time I come back will be a month or even two months later."

"I'm afraid I'll never see her again."

"That's good, I'm used to being alone."

Ivy, Roger frowned, he thought of the name that Kant yelled at the last desperate time.

"Is that the female Murloc?"

Shaking his heavy head, he turned to the next page.

"Before I set off, I rescued a drowning woman on the shore. I really didn't expect it to be her!"

"Is this fate?"

"It's running out of time, I can only take her to the island together, but it doesn't matter, I can find someone to pick her up after she wakes up."

At this point, Kant's handwriting is a bit messy, and Roger can see that he is completely deceiving himself, and he should be able to find other solutions. But at that time, he should subconsciously want to spend more time with that woman.

Roger didn't know Kant's previous life experience, but it could be seen that this indifferent man was out of tune with this world. He was afraid of crowds, tried his best to avoid any social interaction, and put himself in a shell.

The subsequent development was as Roger had imagined. On the lonely island, young men and women, one intentional and the other unintentional, quickly sparked some sparks.

At the beginning, Kant simply recorded his mood, but later, he had completely abandoned his habit and completely integrated into love.

Three months after the date marked, Kant wrote a diary again, but this time, there was no sweetness and warmth in the lines, only doubts and grudges.

"Lies are all lies!"

Kant wrote these words very forcefully. It seems that he did not write them on paper, but carved them on his skin with a knife.

"She doesn't love me at all, she only approaches me for something near the island!"

"She's a thief, a robber, and even the name Ivy is fake!"

"I love her, I really love her, for her, I have even considered quitting this job and starting a new life."

"After I have tasted the sweetness of love, why give me a glass of poisoned wine!"

"I wish I never knew her."

After a large blank.

"Crazy, really crazy, she chose to go to sea in such a stormy weather, what is it that is worth fighting for?"

"The wind and waves at sea are too strong, is the sea god angry?"

"We got separated and thankfully I made it back to the island, no one survives at sea in this kind of weather."

"Ivy is dead, and she will never come back."

"But why am I not happy at all?"

"I found Ivy's luggage left on the island, and I know her former identity, the Three Holy Spirits, what kind of weird organization is this?"

"Transformation Book", what is this?"

Seeing this, Roger put down the diary in his hand, and his eyes fell on another book in the drawer.

"The Book of Transformation".

The material of the book is very strange, Roger's fingers slid across it lightly, he didn't know if it was an illusion, but he always felt that this book contained extraordinary power.

"It seems that all of this is not accidental. The research and exploration of extraordinary power in this world is probably far beyond my imagination."

Roger said to himself.

He didn't open the book hastily, but picked up Kant's diary and continued to look down.

"Three Holy Spirits, according to the records in Ivy's books, this is a powerful organization. They serve the top chaebols and dignitaries around the world. Their purpose is to dig and discover everything related to extraordinary power. And use it!"

"It's crazy, how can there be extraordinary power in this world?"

Kant's words are full of disbelief.

But soon his point of view was completely subverted. According to Roger's guess, he must have opened the "Book of Transformation" out of curiosity!

Because for the next period of time, Kant's words were filled with the madness and confusion of the broken worldview.

A book opened up a new world for him.

"Is all this true?"

"Then what are we?"

"Who is the master of this world?"

Similar words abound.

Skipping this long smear, Roger continued to look down.

I don't know whether he accepted this cognition, or completely forgot about it, Kant's diary became normal.

Until a storm not long after.

"It's really scary. Whenever I face such a storm, I think about everything that happened that night. The rain and fog are so heavy that even the lights can't penetrate."

"The boat parked on the shore was shattered by lightning, and it looks like I won't be able to leave here for a long time."

"Originally, I didn't want to believe a word of what was written in that book, but tonight, on the stormy coast, not far from the ship, I discovered a strange species."

"Species."

"I can be 100% sure that it is definitely not a human being!"

"What do I do?"

"Kill her, or take her back?"

Roger saw Kant's hesitation, and this scene seemed to be exactly the same as that night not long ago.

Perhaps at the moment when he stretched out his hand for help, Kant hesitated as he did that day.

But he brought her back anyway.

.......

If you wanna read 35+ advanced chapters, check out my Patreon page...

patreon.com/KarmaLord

22