Chapter 17. House Upgrade
552 0 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the female Murloc's body is transformed, it can't withstand any sunlight, but other Murlocs are different. They hate sunlight, and sunlight can also cause them some damage. But this injury is not fatal.

The space on the 4th floor of the lighthouse was filled with a strong smell of blood. The headless body of the Murloc leader fell to the ground, and the blue blood had already solidified.

Observing this hideous corpse at close range, Roger still couldn't help being secretly startled. If it wasn't for the shotgun hitting the head at close range, it would be too difficult to kill the opponent with cold weapons alone.

Roger took out the pendant. The surface of the pendant didn't change in any way, but when you put it in your hand, you could clearly feel the scorching heat coming from it.

"Is there any connection between the two?"

Roger frowned.

Maybe this pendant once belonged to this leader, so he would do everything possible to attack the lighthouse, trying to get back his own things.

But maybe, there is a relationship between the female Murloc and the Murloc leader that Roger is not clear about. There are too many answers to this, and it may even be another story.

Suppressing the discomfort in his heart, Roger slowly squatted down. At this moment, the wooden hut model in his mind shimmered, and a line of text came into view.

[ The Monster Manual has been updated.

The corpse of the Murloc leader (special mutant): In a group of Murlocs in the bay, 1~2 powerful leader-level monsters will be born depending on the number of the group.

Their various qualities are stronger than ordinary Murlocs, and even some extremely special ones can produce advanced intelligence.

The mutated parts of the body can be used as the base of various powerful alchemy formulas or trophies hung in the display area of ​​the room!

For more information, please refer to the Monster Manual. ]

"Variation site?"

Reminiscent of some situations in the wizarding world, Roger leaned forward with the pendant in his hand, and finally, the pendant had a stronger response in the heart of the Murloc leader.

"What do I do? Cut open his body directly?"

Roger hesitated for a moment, this is the real world, and in front of his eyes was a bloody corpse.

Although the blue blood counteracted a lot of the sense of terror, the ferociousness of the fracture still made people extremely nauseated.

Hesitating again and again, Roger still raised the iron ax in his hand.

What happened on the island reminded him every moment that this world was completely different from his previous life.

In such a world, if he wants to survive better, he can only rely on his own special ability when traveling.

After half an hour.

Roger, who vomited several times, finally split open the strong sternum of the Murloc leader, and took out a heart with a little light from it!

Losing this heart, the Murloc leader's body shriveled instantly, as if all the essence of the body had been absorbed by this heart.

Roger raised the ax casually, and this time he easily cut off an arm of the Murloc leader with little effort.

What's even more strange is that the weight of the corpse also dropped significantly.

Now that Kant is dead, only Roger is left on the island, and the storm has stopped. According to Kant, it will not be long before a supply ship arrives on the island.

The most important thing before Roger is how to deal with the strangers who are about to land on the island. About his identity, about Kant and the half-burned tower in front of him.

"I have to figure out a way."

Next, Roger searched carefully inside the lighthouse. He only selected a few useful books. The food was stored on the third floor, and most of it was burned in the fire.

The most important thing is Kant's diary and the transformation book, and the rest is the corpse of the Murloc leader.

In order to avoid trouble, this thing must not be seen by ordinary people.

He found a large piece of black cloth, wrapped the body of the Murloc leader in it, and brought it downstairs.

Looking at the scorched half of the tower in front of him, Roger threw out the torch in his hand, and not long after, flames shot into the sky.

The whole fire burned from the afternoon to the evening, and it was not gradually extinguished until it was getting dark. This time, there was no influence of the storm, and the flames completely destroyed the entire tower. Among them, Roger deliberately tampered with Kant's body to ensure that there were no traces of it. None will stay.

As the sun sets, the island becomes silent at night, and the sky can be seen full of stars. Without all that happened before, the beautiful scenery in front of you is enough to make you intoxicated.

Roger came near his hut, where he found that the big pit where he had buried the Murloc corpse had been dug again.

Naturally, the corpse inside had long since disappeared, and several clear footprints could be seen on the surrounding land.

After thinking for a while, Roger tied the body of the Murloc leader to stones and sank it to the bottom of the sea.

After hesitating for a moment, he still took out the pendant he got from the Murloc, and hung it in front of the burnt tower.

That pendant is obviously not ordinary, but it also contains a terrible crisis. It is very likely that those Murlocs came to this island for this pendant.

The lighthouse had been completely breached in last night's attack, and it didn't make much sense to keep it. Moreover, Roger didn't know when the supply ship would dock. If too many traces were left, it would be difficult for him to explain clearly.

So after thinking twice, he still burned down the lighthouse.

The storm had stopped, and according to Kant, the Murlocs would no longer go ashore, but for safety reasons, Roger still hung the pendant that might have hidden dangers in front of the tower.

If any Murlocs were attracted by the pendant, they would naturally land on the island. They took the pendant, and their own safety was greatly guaranteed.

If he didn't come, he could have taken the pendant before leaving.

Although treasures are good, life is more worthwhile. In this regard, Roger has always maintained a clear head.

Regarding the words of response, he already had some ideas in his mind.

Now Roger has done everything that can be done, and all that is left is to wait.

Walking into the wooden hut, the model of the wooden hut in his mind glowed strongly, and a question appeared in front of him.

[ I found a common loot, a mutated Murloc heart, the loot contributes 32%, and the evaluation is average. ]

[ Whether to turn it into the loot, and put it in the display area? ]

[ Note that the spoils in the display area cannot be used as alchemy materials again. After the spoils is handed in, the hunter's residence will usher in the first upgrade, and it can be relocated after certain conditions are met."

"Upgrade?"

Seeing this word, Roger's eyes lit up immediately. He still had some hesitation at first, but he thought that he would leave the island soon, and the upgraded hut could leave with him.

This simply solved his biggest concern now, thinking of this, he took the initiative to hand in the heart in his hand.

"Submit!"

With the faint light in front of my eyes, the heart in my hand disappeared out of thin air like fine sand. The structure of the living room changed slightly, and a complicated pattern appeared on the wall facing the bedside.

The lost heart reappeared, hanging on the wall.

It seems that after special treatment, this trophy is far from an ordinary heart at first glance, and even has some strange beauty.

[ The upgrade is complete! ]

Looking at the more refined wooden house model in his mind, Roger controlled his thoughts and clicked on it.

21