Chapter 20. Identity
522 0 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The island behind him gradually shrunk until it completely disappeared.

Roger withdrew his gaze and let out a long breath.

He set up several rhetorics and prepared several sets of plans, but what he didn't expect was that because of some coincidences, his role was greatly downplayed in the process of handling the whole matter.

The most critical thing is Kant's diary that he handed over at the last moment.

Of course, the information about the mysterious incident was torn up by Roger, so in Andrin's view, the diary was more like Kant's inner portrayal and the fuse of the suicide incident.

Except for Greg, he has always been a little bit aggrieved. Bay Town has been peaceful for a long time, and most of the things dealt with in the town are trivial matters. He was not able to participate in the murder case three years ago because of other things.

But this time he came here with enthusiasm, but in the end, he only got a charred corpse. The follow-up dna test and investigation report still need to be handed in, but overall, the case about Kant is completely over.

"It's windy at sea, you're still weak, be careful of catching a cold."

Andrine sent a coat, and Roger finally knew her identity, the Sheriff of Bay Town.

Greg is her colleague.

"Don't worry, I have notified the police station in the town. They are looking for missing information in the recent period. The scope has expanded to several nearby towns, and even the Bordeaux City has been notified."

"I don't think it will be long before there is a result."

Andrin comforted her. For some reason, Roger felt that the female sheriff cared about him very much, but he didn't think much about it. Maybe she was a passionate person.

Afraid that he would reveal some flaws, Roger was unwilling to stay in front of people, chatted with Andrine casually, and then found an excuse to return to the cabin.

The distance from the small island to Bay Town is not far, and it only takes about half a day. The bumps on the boat made Roger very unaccustomed, so he simply closed his eyes and carefully studied the wooden house model in his mind.

Before he left, he didn't take anything with him, except the hunter's hut that he moved away.

The process of relocation was very simple. He gave instructions through his mind. Except for the heart in the trophy exhibition area, the whole wooden hut hardly changed from before.

But after the migration, Roger experimented again. The ordinary bed, the ordinary study, the place where he lived for nearly a month, seemed to be no different from the ordinary seaside wooden hut.

"Although this ability does not directly affect myself, it is obvious that I am the leader of all this."

Roger thought with some excitement.

Losing the attachment of the entity, the wooden house model in Roger's mind basically lost all its magical abilities, which made him a little uncomfortable. Maybe the situation will improve after the wooden house is upgraded in the future.

When returning, the speed was much faster than when it came, and in the evening, the ship approached Bay Town.

It is said to be a small town, but the area here is much larger than Roger imagined. As the sun sets, the last ray of light shines on the beach. The fishermen returning to the sea and the boats passing by make this small port look very lively.

"Beautiful town, isn't it?"

Andrine said softly.

"I was born and raised here. When I was young, Bay Town was not so prosperous, but now it hardly looks like it used to be."

"Let's go, I'll take you to clean it first, the smell on your body is terrible."

Andrine took Roger off the boat and walked to the public baths by the sea, while Greg ran to the other side to drive.

"You must be hungry, go take a shower, and I'll take you to a big meal when you come out later."

Andrine winked at Roger, then turned and left.

Although we met by chance, this female sheriff made Roger feel very fond of him. He was indeed very dirty, and he walked out clean after washing for 20 minutes.

Andrine, who had been prepared for a long time, even bought a set of casual clothes for him at the seaside. Although it was not a brand, it was at least clean and decent.

After changing into a new outfit, Roger made Andrine's eyes shine.

This beautiful policewoman is not at all rigid, she smiled and whistled, "Pretty boy, when I was young, a little guy like you would have attracted many girls."

Her words caused dissatisfaction with Greg next to him. Even a blind man could see that this rough and strong man obviously had some... unreasonable thoughts about Andrine.

"What is pretty?"

Roger curled his lips, but he must admit that although his current body looks handsome, his physique is indeed too thin, standing next to Greg is simply horrible.

Nilfgaard's body strengthening technique enhanced his physique and strength, but this change was very secretive, and coupled with the lack of supplies on the island, his body shape did not change much.

Roger himself knew that, judging by his physical age, his body should still be a teenager.

The so-called feast...

Pizza burgers and pasta.

This kind of daily fast food is really very rich for the current Roger.

In his previous life, he wasn't too fond of this kind of fast food, but after eating canned and dried vegetables on the island for a month, burgers and French fries were simply beautiful in the world.

After eating, Greg drove Roger and Andrin to the police station in Bay Town.

It looks somewhat similar to the United States in his previous life, but there are some differences in the specific details.

Looking at the receding scenery outside the car window, Roger really felt that he really couldn't go back.

In Roger's understanding, there are only three or two sheriffs in a small town, but the area of Bay Town is obviously larger than a normal town, and there are more police forces.

It can be seen that this small town is very rich, the police station is very impressive, and the place is also very large.

The return of Andrine and Greg caused some hilarity, and Roger was seated in a lounge.

To be honest, he is also very nervous now. The body he occupies cannot possibly have jumped out of a stone. From the perspective of age, the parents of this body are at most only about 40 years old.

To be honest, he was really troubled.

"Forget it, if it doesn't work, just keep pretending to have amnesia, wait for a while to get familiar with it, and then try to get over it."

"After all, after living alone on the island for a period of time, it is normal to have some changes."

Roger thought silently.

But at this moment, he noticed that Greg and Andrine walked into an office not far away, frowning.

Heartbroken, Roger opened the door and leaned in quietly.

The normal off-duty time has long passed, and after welcoming the return of Andrine and the two, there are almost no people in the police station.

Although Andrine deliberately lowered her voice, Greg still seemed full of spirit even though she tried hard to suppress it.

"Are you sure? No missing persons matching Roger's identity have been found around?"

Andrine's voice seemed a little irritated.

"I'm so sure that I even expanded the scope of the search in order to avoid whether this kid smashed his head and got his name wrong."

Greg replied.

"Another point is that the island is located in a very remote location. In addition, the government has planned a new waterway. In the past three months, no ships have passed there!"

"The closest route to there is hundreds of nautical miles!"

Greg's voice grew louder.

"A young boy drifted to an island hundreds of miles away after being shipwrecked."

"Andrine, do you think this is possible?"

Greg demanded.

20